The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #31
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_pastrami
But someone who deliberately misleads everyone as a way of "goofing off"... that's just childish. It's stringing people along for your own amusement. True, you came clean here (presuming this persona isn't another fabrication), and that blunts some of the obnoxiousness off... but it's still childish.
I said goofing, but it was that I developed this Gwennie! character at two other forums with full disclosure ahead of time. Here I was seeing if I developed a realistic character. I'm sorry you were unknowing participants in an experiment. I only did it for a few weeks last year and a couple of weeks this year.
Rock Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #32
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Nice to meet you Rock.

And thanks for proving my theory about the majority of flirty young women on the internet. Do you take your show into chat rooms as well? And do you ever pretend to be an Asian Teenager?
Nice to meet you Wolf. Yes your theory is prolly right. No I don't use chat rooms at all. No I always use the Gwennie! character.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #33
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
yeah, well. i dont really have any issue with them or tranny's either for that matter. and i'm not really even mad at gwennie, either. like it matters on here, anyway. the thing that bugs me is that she is a little bit flirty. that's wrong. so........ now we all know.
I actually thought you suspected and were just playing along. When I recently returned, I toned down the flirtiness. At other forums I found that the guys don't like to play along, but the gals often do like to play along. Sorry, man.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:25 PM   #34
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
and anyway, I was right, wasn't I?
Yes. You get a gold star.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:30 PM   #35
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
everyone's nuts, RS. welcome to the funny farm (and the healthful glow of being honest with your co-cellarites).
well at least we have our own nut-house resident protector - Wolf
Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #36
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
Believe it or not, I DO date....and eventually I'd like to get married and have a family. I've just not had much luck with meeting a 'quality' applicant for the position.
Yes, a female friend of mine conducted the search for many years and did get married.

The funniest thing she told me was that she got to the point where sometimes it was quickly clear a guy was a loser. She had some dinner dates where she ended the evening after talking with the guy while they were waiting for a table at the bar. She figured why waste time on a loser? Well, she is a CFO afterall, and likes efficiency.

Go ahead and screen those applicants carefully.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #37
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
yeah, well. i dont really have any issue with them or tranny's either for that matter.
In mentioning that I have no problem with cross-dressers, I wasn't meaning to imply that you do. But while we're on the subject... I am strangely aroused by you.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 PM   #38
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Hi from the library! Home of sticky keyboard keys!! I don't care if you came on as Gwennie or whatever. I thought you were nice and I appreciate your mojo. I'm really a 41 year old woman but my name's not Brianna--that's my Ultimate name. At least it WAS. Now I just want to be called Jane. Jane Doe.
Thanks. I liked the way you bared your soul about what you are going thru. I was a little more free in talking in that thread as my other character.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #39
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_pastrami
In mentioning that I have no problem with cross-dressers, I wasn't meaning to imply that you do. But while we're on the subject... I am strangely aroused by you.
just because of that one night, alan. remember? that song came on the radio, and the fire was just right, and you said, " just hold me, jimmy. just hold me" that night seemed to last forever. sigh......
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #40
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
As I've said on another forum, RS is a smart motherfucker, and I'm a better person for knowing him.
Sycamore is a cool motherfucker, and I hope hanging out with him on these forums, some coolness will rub off on me.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #41
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
just because of that one night, alan. remember? that song came on the radio, and the fire was just right, and you said, " just hold me, jimmy. just hold me" that night seemed to last forever. sigh......
How scandalous !??!?!! I'm not sure I'm ready to know all this.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #42
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
How could I forget? It was the summer of 69. Those were the best days of my life. *cough*
Old 05-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #43
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
i really am the person the person you see in the cellar. except i'm probably more personable IRL because it isn't polite to piss everyone off all the time.
Trooo dat. I am dull and boring IRL. As Gwennie! I was fun and interesting.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #44
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

One time when I visited NoDoubt.com there was an official notice on the home page that the member "gwen" on the forum there was really Gwen Stefani. I looked over there and found that she started posting there and no one believed her. Finally she said "I'm tired of being doubted." She only lasted about 20 posts and disappeared.

It was funny how naive about forums Gwen was and how she was so surprised to find out about pretendsters. At that point I had my Gwennie! character for over a year elsewhere. But, I never posted at NoDoubt.com's forum.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:32 PM   #45
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
a girl couldn't possibly be a software engineer, huh?

You are not alone as far as being a parent of an aspie
Thanks for showing that to me.