The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 07-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #31
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Whoa

This presents us with that slippery slope of causation. She sucks cocks in public bathrooms because "society" made her that way, because she was molested, or because she freely chooses to do so. I don't know.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #32
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I don't buy it.

I don't believe that a 12 yr old who has had decent parental supervision, has been taught right from wrong and to respect herself would do that without an abusive introduction to sex. My girls hadn't a clue what a cock was until sex ed class and they certainly had no idea how to give a blowjob. My oldest was 17 when she lost her virginity and my 18 yr old still hasn't lost his.

I think it is a cop-out to blame society because I've raised 3 children past the age of 18, have two on the way to 18, and none of them have behaved in such a manner. Sure it means you have to actually be home with your children instead of going out partying, you have to (gasp) talk to them, teach them, and spend time with them instead of parking them in front of the tv or pawning them off on a babysitter. Too many parents don't take the time to set limits and enforce them, get to know their children's friends and their families, or pay attention to signs that their child is in trouble.

I blame the parents. Parenting isn't optional after the child is born.

Stormie
Old 07-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #33
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Parenting

Quote:
Too many parents don't take the time to set limits and enforce them, get to know their children's friends and their families, or pay attention to signs that their child is in trouble.
I'm sure many "rents" would agree with you.

Not to discredit your hard work, but I've known parents that try their darndest to do everything right, everything like you said and advocate, yet their kids still become bad. Bad seeds. Bad brains (not the rock groups). Other kids grow up in the worst of circumstances and end up ethically sound and sexually healthy. It's probably a blend of nurture and nature, rather than one or the other.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #34
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I agree actually. Maybe I just got lucky.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #35
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Mothers of Intention

Yeah, we do get lucky sometimes. My mom force-fed religion to me and never ever even discussed sex. The latter was a bad place for her (Catholic with 6 kids). She's become more fanatical over time and now champions Dobson and Robertson. It's embarrassing.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #36
Ibby
erika

You must not know Maryland too well if you think they dont know... I know a girl who got fingered her first time and gave her first handjob at age 9. No joke. It's downright disgusting what goes on that parents never hear or want to hear about, some places.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #37
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62
Yeah, we do get lucky sometimes. My mom force-fed religion to me and never ever even discussed sex. The latter was a bad place for her (Catholic with 6 kids). She's become more fanatical over time and now champions Dobson and Robertson. It's embarrassing.

We could have the same mother!!! Except mine is Seventh Day Adventist, not Catholic. Needless to say, we don't have much to do with each other.

Ibram, thats my point exactly. It is a parent's responsibility to know exactly what their kids are up to. I'm not saying that kids that age don't know these things, I'm sure there are. I just think it is sad that kids are left to their own devices and have the time and opportunity to get into trouble.

Since I started posting on this thread, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a time when any one of my children may have in a situation where they weren't supervised by a trustworthy, responsible adult and I can't think of one. It does mean that I rarely hire babysitters and never leave them alone while I go out. It means we are nearly always together and I know precisely what they're doing. They're active kids in that they take Tai Kwon Do, dance, gymnastics, and art classes. They participate in paintball, console and pc gaming, as well science and crafts projects. We have a music room and all play various instruments. I have a hotrod that we're working on. My house is grand central because all their friends want to come here and hang out and that is exactly the way I want it. Supervision...Supervision...Supervision!! (Plus they're too busy to get bored and find trouble

Last edited by Stormieweather; 07-07-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Stormieweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #38
Brett's Honey
whatever

The acceptable age is the age that they do not have to have your written consent, in Oklahoma, a notarized statement. I did that for my son when he was 15 to get his tongue pierced, even then, we had to drive to Kansas to legally get his tongue pierced. I did that because he had been begging for a tatoo for a couple of years, and his 15 yr old best friend had just gotten a tatoo from his Mom for his 15th b-day. So I let him get his tongue pierced instead.
I told him that I did not ever want him asking me "Why did you let me do that?" He is now 19 1/2 years old and has not gotten a tatoo in the 18 months that he could legally have gotten one. (Kansas is only a 40 min. drive away for us).
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #39
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

No, no history of molestation.. shes just, to be honest, a slut. Simple as that.

And you know why? It's society's fault. Society fucked her.

How so ??
Because she is young ??
Because she is an under age girl ??
Because some body told her NO ???

Please young sir jump up on your soap box and tell us ALL why it is society's fault.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #40
rkzenrage

Yeah, I can't wait to hear how society made one person a slut but not everyone.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #41
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

What I'd like to know is how a person can be so sure another has never been molested...or had any of the other numerous things happen which can cause these types of behaviours to be exhibited.

We teach our children to be secretive at a young age...even more so does this apply to children who have been abused in some way.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #42
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Oh, and about Tattooing, I reckon kids should be legal adults before they make these kinds of decisions. As has been noted previously, there are laws about these types of things for a reason.

For the record, I have two tattos and in the climate I live in, they're visible most of the time. If someone chooses to judge me for them, that's their problem not mine. They've never harmed my employment opportunities either. My partner doesn't have any tattoos, but he likes mine. I'll probably get more one day. Just deciding what I want for now.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #43
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
And you know why? It's society's fault. Society fucked her.
Her parent's inability to parent does not make her "society's fault."

I did not cause her to have reprehensible personal habits and such a lack of self esteem that she seeks approval through sexual acting out.

And, incidentally, I think the sick fucks that are on the receiving end need to go down (sorry) for statutory rape. It takes two to tango, as the saying goes, and since she's not legally capable of consent, it falls on the recipient.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #44
Ibby
erika

It may not be society's fault, but I blame society because I know too many people with near identical stories around maryland, and because around DC, if both parents dont work full time, you're too poor to afford a house, and this constant state of parents not being home... yeah.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:22 AM   #45
Brett's Honey
whatever

Quote:
I did not cause her to have reprehensible personal habits and such a lack of self esteem that she seeks approval through sexual acting out.
THAT is what I've been trying to put into words ever since I first read this...

Quote:
And, incidentally, I think the sick fucks that are on the receiving end need to go down (sorry) for statutory rape. It takes two to tango, as the saying goes, and since she's not legally capable of consent, it falls on the recipient.
THAT TOO!!
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote