FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 02-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #31
nancy1015

good luck!:p
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #32
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

P.E was just another word for fucking Torture as far as I was concerned. Hated it. Who in their right mind gives a bunch of vicious teenaged girls wooden sticks and says have at it on the hockey field?

Nope, hated it. Hated it. Hated the changing rooms, hated pratting about in stupid little gym skirts (or worse P.E knickers for some exercises) showing my legs (made worse by fact I had very bad eczema: when you have bad eczema as a kid you really want to reduce the amount of skin that's visible!). hated the smell of sweat and feet in the P.E hall when doing floor exercises. hated running and jumping and having to 'perform' in front of a bunch of laughing bitches. hated the whole 'team choosing' exercise that always left one or two kids unchosen and assigned to a team who were grudging at best in their acceptance of them. hated the teachers who thought everyone should be as enthusiastic as them about running about in the freezing cold in little skirts and t-shirts.

Have I adequately conveyed how much I hated P.E and Games?

Occassionally we got to do something fun, like trampolining, javelin or shotputt. But I'd say out of my entire schoollife I probably enjoyed maybe five or six sessions in total.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #33
lookout123
changed his status to single

we got to choose what we wanted to do from a selection that changed every 8 weeks. Loved it. Typical choices:

Tennis
Racqetball
Wresting
Gymnastics (hurt like hell)
Aerobics (harder than it looks)
Square dancing (was so stupidly ridiculous that it resulted in a great time just laughing at eachother)
Climbing
Circuit training
Running
Weights
Football
Soccer
Baseball
Basketball
Volleyball
Swimming
Pickleball
Dodgeball

No I didn't enjoy having 5 minutes to shower and dress, but so what? With most of the sports you didn't sweat unless you wanted to so showers were optional. I had fun.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #34
binky
all hollowed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
I took Golf as an athletic credit in high school.
I'm with you Flint, I was (still am) a klutz and I took golf, archery, badminton and every other fringe class for PE in high school
Old 02-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #35
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh we got to choose from a list of options every so many weeks.....but unfortunately they all involved the same kids :P also it was skewed so that you eventually ended up doing everything at least once.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #36
Cloud

I took "fringe" P.E. when I could, but I went to a very small school and options were limited. Mostly modern dance, which I liked. I also took fencing a couple of times. Was lousy at it, really.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #37
monster
I hear them call the tide

No choices for us.

(Field) Hockey, Cross country and gymnastics in the winter; tennis, cross country and athletics in the summer.