The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #421
sugarpop
Professor

I never said it was an elected official, did I? I don't think I did. I said pundits. As in people like Rush Limbaugh or Michelle Malkin or Michael Savage or Bill O'Reilly, those kinds of people. I don't think an elected official on either side would ever be stupid enough to say they wished another politician dead. Except maybe Sarah Palin. She might.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #422
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
I never said it was an elected official, did I? I don't think I did. I said pundits.
Either way, still waiting on those cites. Something like that would surely make the news.

Quote:
As in people like Rush Limbaugh or Michelle Malkin or Michael Savage or Bill O'Reilly, those kinds of people.
Oh I gotcha, you mean the people that you disagree with politically.

Quote:
I don't think an elected official on either side would ever be stupid enough to say they wished another politician dead. Except maybe Sarah Palin. She might.
weak
Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #423
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Here's one I found;
"The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that’s how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person." -- USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux on Justice Clarence Thomas, November 4, 1994 PBS To the Contrary.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #424
classicman

I found this piece shocking.

Quote:
It seems as though Dr. Dyson is merely struck with what 2008 Green Party Presidential Nominee Cynthia McKinney, my candidate, referred to as the Obama-election "buyer's remorse." In other words, voters who, having waited unsuccessfully and hopelessly for the fruition of democratic policies from the Obama administration, now feel they've been had, tricked, bamboozled, hoodwinked. In their words, Obama "played" them with his mean oratorical game. White liberals were first to express such disbelief at what they perceived to be "deceit" on Obama's part, but more and more Black people are beginning to feel just as violated.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #425
sugarpop
Professor

When the news broke that Senator Kennedy had a malignant brain tumor, Jewish talk show host and America's favorite bigot, racist and dirtbag Michael Savage responded to the news in standard hate fueled savagery. He constantly played a clip of Arnold Schwarzenegger from "Kindergarten Kids" saying "It's not a tumor!", played songs by the Dead Kennedy's so he could keep saying "Dead Kennedy's", and other forms of popular Republican fun.
http://rackjite.com/archives/1537-Mi...dys-Tumor.html

This past week has seen a perverse conspiracy of events that strains the capacity for people of good will to avoid giving up on civilization all together.

It began with the sad news that Sen. Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. As the shock and trauma of that news was settling in, James Rosen of Fox News declared on air that this could not be considered a tragedy because he had lived (past tense) a full life. Soon after, radio Neanderthal Michael Savage decided it would be appropriate to play snippets of the 1980’s punk band The Dead Kennedys, which Savage said was “in respect” for the Senator.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?tag=ted-kennedy

And this from a blogspot...
"Freepers bubbling with suppressed glee. (0.00 / 0)
Their posts are filled with snide comments about 'immediate retirement' from the Senate, combined with sanctimonious asides about God 'sending Ted a message'. Thank goodness their prayers are ineffectual; otherwise we'd probably all be dead. Assholes.

To post this comment click here:

A shock to my system from the freeper managment... (0.00 / 0)
I just wandered over there, and I was shocked to see that apparently their moderators have actually been at least somewhat actively purging threads that have gotten too hate-filled. Either that, or the crazies that post there are putting up a really good illusion of being in fear of having topics deleted...

But even that shows their true colors, I think...

On my own level, here's hoping for the best for Senator Kennedy."

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/5462/

That is all I'm going to post. I'm wasting time doing this.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #426
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

There you go, classic. Now can you hush with the cite demands and address the sickness of it all?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #427
classicman

Get your shit straight - What was said was:
Quote:
"After reading from the lyrics of "California Über Alles," Savage said, "No gloating today, no laughter, all serious. You don't joke about a man's cancer. I do it, but I won't do it today; it's something I will not do."
He played a Dead Kennedys song too - For the Record, we are talking about Michael Savage a "self admitted Shock Jock"who is really just a Limballs wannabe - not someone of ANY significance to anyone.
FAIL
You still have not shown one who "said they hoped Ted Kennedy would die back when he was first diagnosed with a brain tumor."

Oh and Pam's house blend - HA HA HA HA HA - thanks I needed a good laugh - its been a shitty day.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #428
classicman

Oh and S123 - you may go to your room now.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #429
classicman

From your newscorpse link - this was a good one though -
Hillary Clinton weighed in on why she persists in pursuit of a nomination she can’t possibly win:
Quote:
“My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.”

So while Sen. Kennedy is awaiting a treatment plan for an often fatal affliction, Sen. Clinton is using brother Bobby’s demise to remind voters that Sen. Obama might be felled before this is all over. If she has any conscience at all, she would be regretting tonight that she didn’t drop out of the race yesterday.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #430
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Oh and S123 - you may go to your room now.
grumblegrumble I didn't do nothin' grumble grumble grumble grumble
Old 06-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #431
sugarpop
Professor

You can interpret what Michael Savage said and did any way you like, and I will interpret it the way I want, OK? And YES, Hillary Clinton was extremely insenstive as well, not about Ted, but the stuff she said about Bobby Kennedy, at a time when the family was going through something very difficult.

You are asking me to find crap that was over a year ago, and as I said, I was mostly talking about MY EXPERIENCE on another BB and what the people THERE said. The people on there were relentless. Merc may have been around back then, I'm not sure, but if he was, he can corroborate my facts.

Merc, we you on SMN back when Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with that brain tumor, and all the ashhole republicans (not the nice ones, just the dicks) said they hoped he would die?

I would post a link to them, but they don't go that far back. And ftr, I find it completely insulting that you wouldn't take my word about this. Every time you have asked me for a cite for something, I have given it. I don't think this is all that important, I was mostly talking about people like you and me, not people you would know of, and I don't want to waste any more time on it.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #432
classicman

FTR - I get my last word as well...
You made a claim and then when pressed offered some bloggers on another board that you used to visit that has no archive or history from all of a year ago which therefore can't be verified. OK. That I'll believe, Thats my take on it.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #433
sugarpop
Professor

Oh gee, I FOUND IT.

http://forums2.savannahnow.com/index.php?topic=3651.0
Old 06-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #434
classicman

Quote:
Westicles Re: Ted's convulsion
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »

Whatever the cause, I hope Teddy Kennedy dies soon. The sooner the better.
There ya go - one psycho "Guest" on a local blog.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #435
sugarpop
Professor

There were more than one. And he wasn't a GUEST. He was a regular member. They all were.