The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 06-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #286
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I often will wait for quite a while to get a shot with no people in it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:45 AM   #287
Billy
Professor

Stairs to Sky
Attached Images

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #288
Billy
Professor

One Line Sky Road. The road has a nice name, Romantic Lucky Road. I cant understand its meaning. I guess: meet up right people on the road in the hard climbing; or encounter the romantic lucks after climbing this road. Whatever, hope you all have the romantic lucks after see the pictures.
The upper stairs are very narrow, from there the sky looks like a thin line. The stairs are very steep.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #289
Promenea
Resident President

Who carved the stairs and when? They are wonderful! I suspect we would have built something over the rock (probaby a cable car) rather than carve the stairs directly in the rock. I like it your way better. It lets man be part of the landscape. I really like the view of the bottom of the stairs way down below in one of your pictures on the page before this one.
Promenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:43 PM   #290
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Billy, the pictures are AWESOME. If your buddies, don't like the pictures, tell them don't look at them. Sheesh.

As for landscape pictures, I too have taken thousands of pictures with no people in them. They remind me of the part of my trip that had no people in it. If I traveled to a park or wilderness like you've shown us here, the WHOLE POINT would have been to see some things without people being the focus. It's only natural to also take a picture of it too.

I love the pictures, Billy. Thank you for taking and posting them. It feels like I get a little vacation with you when I look at them and read about them.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #291
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Billy, the pictures are AWESOME. If your buddies don't like the pictures, tell them "don't look at them". Sheesh.

As for landscape pictures, I, too, have taken thousands of pictures with no people in them. They remind me of the part of my trip that had no people in it. If I traveled to a park or wilderness like you've shown us here, the WHOLE POINT would have been to see some things without people being the focus. It's only natural to also take a picture of it too.

I love the pictures, Billy. Thank you for taking and posting them. It feels like I get a little vacation with you when I look at them and read about them.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #292
gtown
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
I took these photos for you. But my colleagues say what I took are trash. I feel strange. I just want to record what I see. Must I take the portrait pictures? I think my trip is not certify that I come there, but what I see and get. So I try to take the landscape pictures.
Billy, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster just so I can say to ignore your colleagues! These are great pictures and I've enjoyed all of them you have posted. You have a good eye, just take pictures of what you like. Please keep them coming, I've enjoyed this virtual trip to China.

Oh, hi Cellar. I like you too.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #293
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Welcome gtown! Know any of our other folks from Austin, or did you just wander in here by chance?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #294
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

hi G!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #295
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promenea
Who carved the stairs and when? They are wonderful! I suspect we would have built something over the rock (probaby a cable car) rather than carve the stairs directly in the rock. I like it your way better. It lets man be part of the landscape. I really like the view of the bottom of the stairs way down below in one of your pictures on the page before this one.
Naw, we just string cables to hang on to.

Beautiful Billy.
Hi gtown.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 05:56 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #296
Billy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promenea
Who carved the stairs and when?
The mountain was found and climbed more than 2000 years. I cant check for the specific carved time. Almost Chinese famous mountains were carved this style stairs in old time. It is hard to take things to mountains. The food is very expensive on the peak hotels because all the grocery are backpacked by men.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:23 AM   #297
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
But my colleagues say what I took are trash. I feel strange. I just want to record what I see. Must I take the portrait pictures? I think my trip is not certify that I come there, but what I see and get. So I try to take the landscape pictures.
My family is of the same mentality - if a photo doesn't have people in it, it's "like you were never even there," according to my mother. Both her and my father go out of their way to ruin fantastic landscape and building photos by (rather awkwardly) injecting anyone available into the image.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #298
gtown
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Welcome gtown! Know any of our other folks from Austin, or did you just wander in here by chance?
Someone from Austin sent me a pic of the day link that started my long-time lurking, but no idea if they are regulars. More than likely irregulars with this group.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:43 AM   #299
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Naw, we just string cables to hang on to.
Half Dome, Bruce?

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #300
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtown
Someone from Austin sent me a pic of the day link that started my long-time lurking, but no idea if they are regulars. More than likely irregulars with this group.
It wasn't me, I swear! Though I arrived through a locally posted IOTD as well, so it's always possible we know some of the same people...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote