The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #16
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Pshaw! 24" squares of a variety of shades of blue work very well in my livingroom.
They're just telling you that to be nice - ask a really good friend....
Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Whatever color you end up picking, consider doing some kind of Martha Stewart-y texture painting or something ... I helped a friend rag roll her bedroom walls (blush over light rose, I think it was) and it came out looking really cool. She's no longer in that house, so unfortunately I can't show you pictures.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #18
perth
Strong Silent Type

My bedroom is burgundy, with lots of cherry and dark woods. It's a very warm, inviting room. As QotR says, red is a big commitment but one worth it if you've got furniture to go with it.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #19
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

I went on one of the paint websites, maybe it was glidden... but they had a feature that allowed you to test different types of paint by painting a virtual room.

My bedroom is cream walls, old hardwood around the windows and the rest of the accents are red. Yes, I do really love red rooms. I might paint one of the walls red.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #20
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Before you get too carried away with all these 'bright colour (oops!) color' ideas maybe a quick look at this (quick look is all you need!).

Actually the website is of a hotel where each room is individually decorated - how about that for an ideas template 20-odd differently designed bedrooms to whet your artistic appetite... (well, sort of....)

What's your favorite? (remembered to drop the 'u' that time)

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 08-23-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #21
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

Went shopping at Home Goods today and found a chocolate brown bedspread/blanket thing which gave me some inspiration. Walls will be off white or antique white, one focul wall (opposite of the bed) done in 12" squares of blue hues. Accesories in a cool blue and chocolate. Trim probably same as walls (but maybe in gloss)....

thanks for the suggestions!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:58 AM   #22
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjulie
Accesories in a cool blue and chocolate.
What an amazing coincidence. We have this cool blue towel with chocolate trim. You really must have it. It would be no trouble at all. I'll run it through the hot cycle before sending it. We are currently using it to wipe the dog over when he returns from the garden, wet and muddy, but I am sure we can find something else....
Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 AM   #23
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

#F5F5FF is a nice color. It makes things <font color=#F5F5FF>blend in</font>.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:14 PM   #24
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

If you can't decide on a color, may I suggest wallpaper? There is a VAST selection of patterns, colors, etc. You can use a material that has several colors so you can usually merge lots of you favorites in one application. Also choose a theme, or just go with a mottled or patternless paper that reflects your own preference, personality, and/or taste. Wallpaper isn't just color. It's texture, depth, mood, style, and statement.At least go down and look at some. If "patterns" scare you, ask them to show you some material in the commercial line. It is more generalized and is more suttle and perpetually relaxing and comfortable.
I have been installing wallpaper and doing specialty finishes/effects for over 30 years. Wallpaper isn't for everybody, but you won't know until you give it a chance. Check it out.... I'm curious as to what you decide.