The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #16
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
I'm not trying to sound like a smartass.....but I think I'd be changing banks.

It wasn't MY bank. The checks were issued to me by two different agencies. They vanished off into a third party's account. The bank WAS able to tell me that all three checks involved went to the same individual's account, but would say nothing else. The bank said I should report it as check fraud to the issuing agencies. So that's what I'm doing.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #17
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

That's all they would do??? I would be asking for the manager or who ever the biggest cheese available is, and start asking about their check cashing policies. There should be video surveillance the whole nine yards, and I'd get on it quick. Good Luck.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #18
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

have you tried calling your local FBI office?
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #19
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
That's all they would do??? I would be asking for the manager or who ever the biggest cheese available is, and start asking about their check cashing policies. There should be video surveillance the whole nine yards, and I'd get on it quick. Good Luck.
I DID ask about their check cashing policies. One check is extremely suspicious. It was cashed with what appears to be only my signature, no finger print on the front like most banks here require, no ID numbers written on the back, and it wasn't even counter-signed. Now, I never in my life have had ANYTHING to do with this bank, and I asked them if it was a common policy of theirs to cash $5,000 checks for non-customers and require no ID, in addition. They just sort of shrugged their shoulders. Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I intend to dash right down to US Bank tomorrow morning with a clever forgery of a check made out to Mr. Under Toad with the assistance of my scanner and some fancy paper.

Easy street, here I come, courtesy US Bank, Colorado Springs!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #20
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Time to use the spank ray.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:57 PM   #21
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Do you think they may have been stolen from your mailbox? If so, get a P O Box for a while, and only notify the prople you really need to (i.e. utilities, people you're expecting money from). If you still have the same problem ask the post office to investigate mail fraud. I might notify the agencies you were expecting those three checks from and let them know someone fraudulently cashed thsoe checks - you might not get the money back, but at least they'll have a heads up not to send you anymore at that address, and may bend their policy about electronic transfer to your account.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:28 AM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think she's suspecting the axe murderer.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #23
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
I asked them if it was a common policy of theirs to cash $5,000 checks for non-customers and require no ID, in addition.
Why haven't you contacted the police? That's a hell of a lot of money.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:41 AM   #24
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I think she's suspecting the axe murderer.
Yes, I KNOW its the axe murderer. I'm gathering info to present a case to the DA's financial crimes units for prosecution. I figure if I do as much of the leg work as possible in advance, they'll be more willing to take on the case. I now have a PO Box and get all checks direct deposit, BTW.

I also got a document in the mail today outlining one of the axe murder's little side-lines as sex offender. Apparently he was playing nasty games with an 8 year old boy and got caught and found guilty as charged. YUCK!

I now fondly refer to him as the pedophile axe murderer!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #25
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Wow! What a winner! Where in the heck did you find him? Sure hope it wasn't anywhere near my new neck of the woods.......

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #26
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche
Wow! What a winner! Where in the heck did you find him? Sure hope it wasn't anywhere near my new neck of the woods.......
He WILL be if you're moving to Denver. In fact, you could well run in to him. His two sisters run a business putting on entertainment extravaganzas for companies and wealthy individuals, and are headquartered out of Boulder, but do a lot of their stuff in Denver. They sometimes hire him to play at these things. Part of the story is HERE
Old 08-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #27
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'm surprised the parents of the 8 y.o. boy didn't see to it that he is now the "axe murdered"

But then, that's just the non buddhist side on me talking.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:04 PM   #28
farfromhome
Management Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt
CALL THE COPS !!!!! Explaine the situation and prosaqute the HELL out of the person doing this to you !!!!!! This IS fraud !!!!! You should NOT be held liable for these bogus checks !!!!!!!

This is why I like lurking in the cellar. It expands my vocabulary. I wasn't familar with the word "prosaqute". After looking it up in my handy Oxford desk dictionary I discovered the following:

pros-a-qute 1. Younger looking skank standing on the corner. Not as
many miles on her as the other 'ho's.
2. A medical condition whereby the afflicted cannot end
any sentence without a minimum of five exclamation
marks.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #29
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromhome
When you ain't got nothing-you ain't got nothing to lose.

You can't get fooled again.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote