The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #16
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
I wonder if there's a substructure. If not I bet it's one heavy exhibit.
Either way XOB, You're right. It would be hell to move, if not impossible.
Nah... There's lots of heavy sculptures around. I'm sure it's excruciatingly heavy, but for pete's sake, we regularly build cement highway overpasses 40 feet in the air. We have machinery to move heavy things with ease.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #17
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Nah... There's lots of heavy sculptures around. I'm sure it's excruciatingly heavy, but for pete's sake, we regularly build cement highway overpasses 40 feet in the air. We have machinery to move heavy things with ease.
Concrete, sure.
Mud? uh.......I don't know.
I don't know where it is now, but maybe they built it where it shall remain.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #18
mrnoodle
bent

The whole safari mentality is off-putting to me as a hunter. I get grief about it from other hunters, and anti-hunters think I'm talking out both sides of my mouth. But I'm not. If hippo meat is delicious and nutritious, then fry me up a chunk, and happy hunting. But the business of shooting something, beheading it, then displaying the result in one's game room without even consuming an ounce of meat is just...stupid.

I understand the adrenaline rush of facing something bigger and meaner than you and defeating it. I don't really care if it's "fair" to the animal, particularly. I even understand the penis-envy "glory" part. Not my cup of tea, but I get it.

But half of these safari things aren't even hard. Sleep under air conditioning, drive out to the kill site, pick one out, pull the trigger, and pose for a picture. Anyone out there who does these trips care to differ? I'm not particularly experienced with safariying.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #19
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

It depends on whether there's some hidden platform under it that a forklift could get at.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #20
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
The whole safari mentality is off-putting to me as a hunter. I get grief about it from other hunters, and anti-hunters think I'm talking out both sides of my mouth. But I'm not. If hippo meat is delicious and nutritious, then fry me up a chunk, and happy hunting. But the business of shooting something, beheading it, then displaying the result in one's game room without even consuming an ounce of meat is just...stupid.

I understand the adrenaline rush of facing something bigger and meaner than you and defeating it. I don't really care if it's "fair" to the animal, particularly. I even understand the penis-envy "glory" part. Not my cup of tea, but I get it.

But half of these safari things aren't even hard. Sleep under air conditioning, drive out to the kill site, pick one out, pull the trigger, and pose for a picture. Anyone out there who does these trips care to differ? I'm not particularly experienced with safariying.
AMEN ...Took the words right off my keyboard.
!@#$%^&*()_+|
Old 06-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #21
Packey

I subscribe to the rule "If you hunt it, you eat it." I not really sure how a lion or hippo or even a stinkass waterbuffalo tastes but I'm guessin' not so good. So whats left but to knock the head off and hang it next to the painting of the wife and kids on the wall or stuffing the thing and proping it up in the corner...tossing the rest in the trash...what a waste.

I personally hunt birds (dove, quail, duck) and I consume what I catch. My friend keeps telling me I need to stuff and mount my birds, no thanks. I don't need that kind of affrimation. Some folks need this. The video on Nitro's website indicates this completely.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 PM   #22
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

God forbid if the tables were turned.
I've always wanted to see a hunter going thru the woods & run across a bunch of human heads hanging on the trees.
If the wildlife had weapons, we'd be extinct.
Think about it.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Only a percentage of those not prepared to defend themselves would be out of the gene pool.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #24
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
AMEN ...
ditto
Old 06-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
It depends on whether there's some hidden platform under it that a forklift could get at.
It would have to awfully stiff, you can't flex, shock or vibrate dried mud without cracking it.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #26
busterb
NSABFD

Our great state leaders, which had 2 special meetings this year at 36k a day are looking at baiting deer as being legal. Hunters my ass!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #27
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

What the hell do they do with exhibits like this anyway after the new wears off?
I mean If all works were kept perpetually, where would we keep 'em?
..........there goes the trailer park..........hehe.....
Old 06-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #28
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
Our great state leaders, which had 2 special meetings this year at 36k a day are looking at baiting deer as being legal. Hunters my ass!
IMO: Baiting deer = Dating beer.
Someone's getting the slide-in. Go figure.
Kinda takes the game out of getting the the game, eh?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:59 PM   #29
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle

I think these safari things need to stop, and i would love to draw and quarter the fookers who do it.. But i REALLY appreciated this post MrNoodle, i respect your views on hunting.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:08 PM   #30
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

[quote=Packey]I subscribe to the rule "If you hunt it, you eat it." I not really sure how a lion or hippo or even a stinkass waterbuffalo tastes but I'm guessin' not so good. So whats left but to knock the head off and hang it next to the painting of the wife and kids on the wall or stuffing the thing and proping it up in the corner...tossing the rest in the trash...what a waste.

[quote]

I used to subscribe to this rule too Packey - but not anymore.

Partner and i went fox shooting of late and we just left the dead bodies there in the paddock. A waste.. maybe. But i didn't feel bad about it at all.. they came into my property nights before and mauled and killed all my chickens, roosters, ducks and hens.. and only consumed one of them. Revenge killing it twas.. and i'd do it again.

But as for killing something that has done nothing wrong i.e a tiger/ a kangaroo/ a cockatoo.. there is no way i would consent to it, nor anyone else doing so unless it was for consumption.

And i also think it should always be done quickly and as painlessly as possible.. NOT shooting a large animal with a pissy 22rifle and letting it rivel in pain.