The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #16
kerosene
Touring the facilities

You can get some samples of American Spirits: http://www.nascigs.com/Pages/Home.htm

I didn't get mine, because I didn't forward my address from Boulder.

I like their menthols, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #17
staceyv
Lecturer

Thanks for the recommendations...NOT the high school kid one, though!
I was thinking of selling them to the people I work with- Take THAT for calling me too skinny

I switched to Winston a few years ago because they claim they don't have additives.
I am on their "superlights" right now, which supposedly have .4 mg nicotine per cig.

I want to switch to Winston Ones in August, which have .1 mg nicotine per cig.

Do you know of any cheaper cigs that only have .1 mg of nicotine or is Winston the only brand?

And don't give me that shit about light cigs not being light, blah blah blah. I'll get used to them and stop taking triple drags and I WILL get less nicotine, because there are a bunch of holes in the filter- so they WILL help me to gradually reduce my addiction!

Last edited by staceyv; 05-19-2005 at 03:11 PM.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #18
staceyv
Lecturer

OH MY GOD, I thought I invented this neat little plan on reducing the amount of nicotine in my cigarettes. I dreamed it up in January all by myself- and then two seconds ago, I found this website
I have renewed hope that it'll work
Old 05-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I bought a book in around 1984/5 or so entitled "How to Keep Smoking and Live".

Their plan was:

1. Buy lights (which had pretty much just come on the market, including the thoroughly tasteless Barclays and Merits)
2. Smoke fewer of them.

Whenever I get into quitting mode I do a step down progression ... Heavies, Mediums, Lights, Ultralights ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I also buy Natural American Spirits when I feel like spending $5.00 or more a pack ... otherwise I get whatever's on special. Camel has been doing a lot of buy one get one free packaging late. Marlboro is usually buy two get one, although they did have Special Blend No. 27s at the Wawa last week on b1/g1. RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris smokes are often sold at PA State Minimum as well ... $3.50ish?

One of the 7-11s has Natural American Spirits, but it's not a common item to find. The buyer for the store must be some kind of a hippie. Usually they can only be found in specialty tobacco stores, of which there are two in my immediate vicinity.

I never buy cartons. Despite the fact that I would save money, it makes having cigarettes so much more convenient. I don't need them to be convenient.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 05-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #21
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

There's always Nat Sherman cigarettes.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The only thing I've tried out of their line is "A Touch of Clove" and they are horrid.

Gimme Djarums and bleeding lungs any day ...

Besides ... $7.60 a pack plus shipping? Yeah. Sure.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #23
kerosene
Touring the facilities

The Nat Sherman Mints are pretty good...but a little bland if you are use to menthols like me.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #24
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I don't smoke so I can be as extravagant as I want to be.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #25
staceyv
Lecturer

come on guys, aren't you all going to go onto that website, learn the easiest, withdrawal-free way to quit smoking on earth and credit me with saving your lives and your money???
I'm really convinced that this'll work for me. I already emailed my mom and told her about it, too. Next, you will see a print out of that web page on the bulletin board at my job and a copy in my boss's inbox...

It's so simple, yet so amazing to me... I don't know why I didn't just do this years and years ago. Why did I ever try the stupid patch or the gum? They work on the same principle, but leave you deprived and going through withdrawal every step.

.3 mg down at a time, that's the way to go- and now that I think about it, it really wasn't hard for me to switch from lights to superlights- and I consider myself extremely, highly addicted. (1 pack a day for 14 years).

Something good came out of my counterfeit cigarette research In the process, my desire to quit became stronger, and my faith in myself to actually be able to do it blossomed.

somebody please smack all of this positivity out of me- It just doesn't feel right.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #26
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
somebody please smack all of this positivity out of me- It just doesn't feel right.
And that is what is so freakin' great about staceyv!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #27
be-bop
Operations Operative

I gave up smoking about 3 years ago and it was the hardest thing I have ever done.did it with nicorette gum..
Chomped on it for a month,then normal chewing gum.
You have really got to be determined to do it..Now cig smoke makes me want to heave.Also miss having a spliff don't want to in case i get back into smoking **sigh**
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #28
Brett's Honey
whatever

I guess that I forget that Indian smokeshops aren't located all over the place like they are here in Oklahoma. $3.50ish a pack is cheap??? When I spent two weeks in Alaska, I wished I'd done more research or asking around before I went. Cigarettes there were $5.00 a pack most everywhere, if I'd known that, I would have taken enough with me to last the two weeks.
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #29
LCanal
I hope to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Firstly it's Ukraine not "the" Ukraine. Pedantic I know.

On the Monty Python front if the tobaco is grown in the Chernoble region does that mean you get cancer and radiation therapy in the same cigarette?

It they kill you in half the time does that mean you have a half-life?

You need to move here to Indonesia a carton is $7.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #30
busterb
NSABFD

A buddy told me in Indonesia the kids pick up butts from where ever for recycling and then they add the "A Touch of Clove"