The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #16
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Re: A case of mistaken orientation

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
For the Straight people:
Have you ever been "hit on" by a gay person? What did you do?
OH lordy..the memories this thread brings up....

Incident #1: Lesbian flirted with me, told her I was straight, we became good friends after that.

Incident #2: Lesbian flirted with me, she knew that I was straight, she kept trying anyhow. Turns out she was a serial liar and a thief. She was banished from the circle of friends with the swiftness.

Incident#3: Was hanging out at the local gay bar (back when I was a fag hag), and a lesbian started talking to me. She told me about herself, including how she sometimes had thoughts of suicide. Had to tell her I was straight, and we never saw her again. Scary to think what happened to her...

Incident #4: Was hanging out at the same bar one Saturday night. It was closing time, and people were leaving. Lesbian and her girlfriend (or friend for the night) walked past, and one of them lightly touched my butt. I turned around, shocked, and she winked at me. (whoa!). I could only laugh, because I was taken off guard. Then I was thinking, "Hell, why can't a MAN do that?!?!?!" :p

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #17
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by mrnoodle
I get hit on by guys more often than I do by girls. I dunno why. The first time it happened I thought the guy was trying to sell me drugs. I couldn't get him to tell me what it was he was trying to sell. When the light switched on, I was completely at a loss for words. Umm. Thanks. Umm. No, I umm. No.

I'm the least "fabulous" person you ever met, I don't lisp my esses, I go catatonic whenever Jessica Alba is on TV. Straight women know I'm straight. Straight men know I'm straight. Gay men think I'm gay. Go figure.

My ex tells me it's because in person, I'm flirting with everyone whether I realize it or not. That kind of worries me.
must be your pink trousers.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #18
mrnoodle
bent

They're not pink, they're salmon. Maybe if they weren't ass-less...
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #19
Pi
desperate finder

I was... but I think it's a compliment. I f you're so attractive that even gay people want to date you... Don't bother a lot about that, have some gay friends and they are cool. To me just ordinary people doing things I wouldn't do, but what the... I'm not the one who gonna judging them.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #20
Slartibartfast
|-0-| <-0-> |-0-|

I had several gay hits on me, but just like when women have hit on me, I don't realize what happened until I think about it much later. I'm realizing now its not just me with this.

*Thread Hijack* I have heard several times from women that pink dress shirts are the in thing for men. The one 'metrosexual' guy at work came in with a pink shirt and at least three different women complimented him on it.

Sorry, even for compliments I'm not wearing a pink shirt. (though I do have a pumpkin colored shirt)
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:28 PM   #21
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

pink shirts.

pink isn;t in my color pallette. i'm pink enough my self.

i look best in blue. thilly.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #22
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Pi
I was... but I think it's a compliment. I f you're so attractive that even gay people want to date you... Don't bother a lot about that, have some gay friends and they are cool. To me just ordinary people doing things I wouldn't do, but what the... I'm not the one who gonna judging them.
Heh! I used to be flattered as all hell that at least *someone* thought that I was attractive enough to hit on (my self esteem back then wasn't what it is today). :p

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #23
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

I have been hit on twice by a woman, that I know of.
The first time it happened the woman was kinda dancing around the issue and it took me several minutes to figure out what was going on. I can tell pretty quick when a guy is hitting on me but when a woman does it, it goes whoosh, right over my head.

The second time it happened the girl got real touchy feely with me and I asked her flat out what she was doing (I don't like people I just meet getting all handsy with me). She told me and I remember just standing there while my brain tired to catch up. I said no thank you and left the area as fast as I could.

I have no problem with people who are gay. Had several flaming gay friends in High School, and a lesbian friend in collage. I just have a hard time figuring out what to do when one hits on me. I never expect it and the shock factor makes it hard for my brain to think rationally.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #24
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

One of my first jobs was at a department store, when I was young and naive. It took me months to figure out that this older guy who liked to hang out with me actually had the hots for me. The dude was creepy, too... his eyes didn't quite point the right way, and he wasn't all there mentally. He looked like a big, fat, bald poster boy for sweaty perverts everywhere.

Once I realized that his "friendliness" was in fact some bizarre form of NAMBLA-sponsored flirting, my skin crawled a few laps around my body, and I made sure to minimize contact with him from then on. He got even stranger then, and started following me places. It was a hoot. I disentangled myself from the inopportune employment, and he quickly became but an unpleasant memory.

There have been a few other times where men have seemed suspiciously over-fascinated with me, but nothing worth mentioning. I guess that's just the price to pay when you're as gooooood looking as I am. *cough*

I have no problem with gay men, but I can't grasp their motivations. Lesbians? Sure! If I were a woman, I'd be a lesbian. But what kind of guy picks dudes over chicks? Observe as my mind boggles.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:55 PM   #25
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I WISH I WAS A LESBIAN

i'm actually a lesbian trapped in a man's body
Old 04-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #26
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
...a lesbian trapped in a man's body
Isn't that what you'd call a horny guy who can't get it up?

BA DUM BUM!

Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:37 PM   #27
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by Pie
I was once invited to play for the other team. I said, "No, but thanks" and that was the end of that.

We still go drinking every couple of months...

- Pie
Why did you say "but, thanks"?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #28
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
pink shirts.

pink isn;t in my color pallette. i'm pink enough my self.

i look best in blue. thilly.
Red & black baby...it's so you.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #29
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
massive hetero wave or something.

I dunno. I'm not much to look at, I don't have money, I dress poorly, I'm rather aged and coarse, so what's to like?
You should get the band back togethor and name it Massive Hetero Wave.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #30
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
I have no problem with gay men, but I can't grasp their motivations.
Yeah see, this is what I don't get either. Sex, or weird sex I can understand.

You want to do what with another guy's hooha? OK, understandable.

You feel more comfortable being with men? OK, fucked up but to each his own.

You are a woman in a man's body? Doubt it, but again whatever works for you.

Hot chicks don't turn you on? Ever? Whoa...what the hell is wrong with you?!?!