The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:34 PM   #16
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I set my Earthlink Spaminator to full blast the other day...now the spam doesn't even reach my Mozilla mail. Earthlink divides it up between "definite spam" and "hey, this might be spam" (my words, not theirs) on my webmail account for easy perusing. And it almost never makes a mistake.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:07 AM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Popfile was what I set up back when that virus that imitated email from Microsoft was resulting in 200+ infected emails per day. Works great after initial config and training. Been using it ever since, and I get zero spam, and very, very few false positives. In fact, the only false positives are the ones that have specific words that I set up 'magnets' to catch...words like 'update', for example.

Other than that, I'm an Outlook user, because I sync a pda.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:16 AM   #18
mbpark
Lecturer

Mac OS X Mail and Web Mail

Heya,

That's all I use here . It works. It works well.

The Spam Filtering is incredible. It also organizes by thread. Now that I have it trained, it is nailing 98% of the spam I get.

My corporate mail, I have a machine at the office that logs into Disruptor OL (an Exchange Server filter) and does the filtering for me. Having your name on a WHOIS for a few domains kinds ups your spam by several hundred!

Then, I use Web Mail for that. I agree. It is a wonderful thing.

Mitch
mbpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: Mac OS X Mail and Web Mail

Quote:
Originally posted by mbpark
Having your name on a WHOIS for a few domains kinds ups your spam by several hundred!
Yep...each time I've registered a domain, the amount of spam I get goes through the roof.

Just checked my e-mail from the web side...228 pieces of spam in 2 days. That's roughly 75% of all the e-mail I've gotten over the past 2 days...fucking ridiculous.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote