The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-26-2003, 08:13 PM   #16
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
I have absolutely no sympathy in this case. You were part of a fucking scam and you got out-scammed. The lesson here is not to sell speakers out of a fucking van. I knew that was a line the first time I heard it in 1986 and I must have been offered speakers out of a van about 5 times since.

You deserved the jail time for being a moron. Take the lesson and drop the grudge.
Toad, how did those speakers sound anyway? Always wondered.... Still got 'em?
Old 11-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh, you're bad...very, very bad..I like you.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:39 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yeah jinx I do... and the $80 cash as well.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:07 PM   #19
jinx
Come on, cat.

Why thank you bruce, I like you too.... And I must say I greatly admire your dodads.

Last edited by jinx; 11-26-2003 at 09:11 PM.
jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:28 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Got to get curtains.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:37 PM   #21
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I've tried holding grudges, but it doesn't really work for me.

My focus is on the present and future.

I find that spending too much time in the past is nonproductive.

Learning from the past is important. Getting beyond the past is crucial.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:36 PM   #22
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Huuummmm grudges ,,,, let me put it this way , I have been a service tech for 17-18 years now in various industries . I have had to deal with som TRUELY FUCKED UP SITUATIONS because of FUCKING BOTTOM FEEDER SALES FOLKS .
When i was putting in alarms a sales dude forgot to tell me that the dude he sold the alarm to was a white supremest and he closed the deal at gun point ( freak dude pointing the gun at him ) with freak boy saying " Don't send no FUCKING niggers out here to put this in " . So monday morning i show up to install the alarm with Charlie . Now Charlie was about as black and as getto as you can be , nice dude , good to work with . Freak boy sticks a luger in my face and we leave .
Same sales dude said we could put a vibration sensor on each pane of a 3 story glass wall as wide as a house .
And the list goes on and on .
So grudges , yeppers I have a few , but i try not to let them get to me . Besides when a sales man talks a cust into buying something new i generly get to haul off the old equipment . Targets for when i get pissed off !!!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:07 AM   #23
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i knew these guys, once, that got into an argument and then one of them left. and then he came back for a little bit to say something, and then he left again. weird, huh?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:03 AM   #24
insoluble
developmentally disabled rear end headwear

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
i knew these guys, once, that got into an argument and then one of them left. and then he came back for a little bit to say something, and then he left again. weird, huh?
welcome to new retardia
insoluble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:13 AM   #25
staceyv
Lecturer

i'm holding a grudge against the girl i work with. she was always pretty nice to me and i went to her wedding reception when she got married....well, when i got married it was nothing grand. we decided to have a get-together at our apartment with some friends afterwards. i work at a restaurant with around 40 other servers, many of whom i am friendly with. so, i stopped in to my job and this girl was at the door, so i told her what we were planning and asked her to spread the word that we were hanving a little wedding party that night..she was like "oh, sure! i'll put a note up on the board." guess what this stupid idiot sad excuse for a human does- she puts a little note in the bus room that says "go to stacey v's house tonight" that's it!! no one knew if the note was from last week or that day. no one knew the address, and most of them didn't even know it was because we got married (we eloped). i will hate her forever for being an idiot. I asked around the next day, and people who were working the day of my party were like "What? you had a party? i'm sorry, i didn't know...yeah, i saw the note in the busroom, but i didn't know what day it was from or what it was for..." so anyway, we had enough alcohol for 30 or 40 people and we had about 10 people over...i would love to ruin her baby shower. i feel like telling everyone at the last minute that the date was changed to next week so that noone shows up, but i know i can't do that because everyone will think i'm a bitch...
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #26
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

stacy, if you want something done right, do it yourself....i'm sure you already knew this girl was a retard, and yet you entrusted this task to her.....you are actually mad at yourself.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #27
staceyv
Lecturer

the thing is, we were about to be married in 1 hour and we were in a rush. i was all excited and we had to get home and get ready. i didn't have time to go through the restaurant and tell everyone and i wasn't thinking straight, either. but she did her own wedding reception that i went to, and everything was perfect. she's not really stupid, she's even got her own small business that she runs in addition to waitressing. she has clients, appointments, etc. that is why i don't understand how stupid she was about that note. I believe that she simply couldn't care less if anyone showed up. she really really just didn't care and that makes me very angry, because i went to her reception and she's always been friendly with me, like we went to the mall together once and we chat at work. a wedding is a huge event in someones life and for her to be so careless like that after she acted like a friend and she really isn't stupid, is just inexcusable. i had reason to have faith in her abilities, i'm not mad at myself. i'm pissed at her.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:17 PM   #28
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
the thing is, we were about to be married in 1 hour and we were in a rush. i was all excited and we had to get home and get ready. i didn't have time to go through the restaurant and tell everyone and i wasn't thinking straight, either.

this may be too obvious a question, but I'll ask any way. are you still married? are you thinking straight now?
Old 12-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #29
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

I've been told that once married, nobody thinks straight anymore....
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #30
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
she's not really stupid, she's even got her own small business that she runs in addition to waitressing. she has clients, appointments, etc. that is why i don't understand how stupid she was about that note.
Well, with all that going on in her life, could it have been that she had things on her mind, and she only had time to do what she did?

Quote:
I believe that she simply couldn't care less if anyone showed up.she really really just didn't care and that makes me very angry,

And why do you believe that? Did she do something specific to make you feel this way?

Quote:
a wedding is a huge event in someones life and for her to be so careless like that after she acted like a friend and she really isn't stupid, is just inexcusable. i had reason to have faith in her abilities, i'm not mad at myself. i'm pissed at her.
Hate to say this, but IMO you're getting upset over...nothing. After all, she DID put up "A" note, granted it wasn't the type of note that YOU wanted for her to put up on the board.

I honestly don't see where she committed such a "sin" against you regarding this matter. Chalk it up to a misunderstanding, and call it a day.

"You live and you learn".

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote