The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

View Poll Results: How Kinky are You?
vanilla is my world 3 8.82%
not very, but will do some things 6 17.65%
adventurous and open to anything 14 41.18%
frequent and practiced perv 6 17.65%
Gotta have my fetish or nada! 2 5.88%
I have no clue 1 2.94%
I don't see my answer here 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #16
rkzenrage

That show is my parent's gig, I like the real deal. I watch real crime shows like 48 hrs (TIVO every one), cold case files, the few FBI forensic shows, etc.
Please don't be offended, but as someone who likes the real thing and someone who worked in front of and behind the camera, there is no reason for them to take the liberties with the tech & process that they do.
It kicks me out of the show/4th wall and makes it boring.
Put it in the future or do it right.
Edit:
I am not being a snob or prima.
The show bills/presents itself a certain way and there is NO reason for it not to follow-up. It would not cost them another dime or another moment of time. I know the reason, producers cannot stand to keep from screwing with scrips, they always add STUPID crap to good work (if that was what it was, there are plenty of writers that do it to begin with because they think that is what people want, it is all you see). But, if you present a realistic scrip that, theoretically, was PERFECT, no Hollyweird producer in the world could help themselves. Add a car crash where it explodes (they do not), 100% accurate DNA evidence from a cigarette butt overnight (NOT!), someone gets-up and walks away from smoke inhalation then gives a statement in court two days after the fire (um... no), etc, etc, etc... kill me.
None of it helps the story, makes it more interesting, moves the plot.... you get it. In fact, most of them spend money, which they constantly complain about.
Idiots.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 07-13-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #17
rkzenrage

Sorry bout' the thread-jack all.
I'll stop talking shop, after this post.
I did get two offers recently for some indie films. (my parts are written for me, or altered for my chair).
Old 07-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I will do anything once or twice, just to make sure I did it right the first time. Kinky is my middle name. Sorry boiz and gurlz I'm taken.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #19
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I've tried pretty much everything my husband has wanted to. He's definately the one with the imagingation The one thing I just can't get myself to do is anal sex though.

Admittedly we're pretty vanilla in our adventures...not many plain brown paper wrapped packages delivered to our doorstep.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #20
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
... as someone who likes the real thing and someone who worked in front of and behind the camera, there is no reason for them to take the liberties with the tech & process that they do.
I enjoy CSI, because I don't really know enough about what really happens to pick it apart. I agree totally about pointless inaccuracies spoiling shows though - why not get it right after all, it's disrespectful to your audience. It also bugs me when perfectly agreeable brain-dead tv is ruined by plot holes you could drive a bus through. I wonder, "Did nobody actually read this before you started to film?" Although I accept sometimes coherence is lost on the cutting room floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I did get two offers recently for some indie films. (my parts are written for me, or altered for my chair).
... and? You can't just drop that in without following it up you know!

Back to the OT - I counted myself as adventurous. I don't believe I've ever done anything perverted (outside my own head I mean) and I just don't get fetishes at all. If I met a man who was perfect for me in every way, but had a fetish of some kind, I'd seriously have to consider whether it was something I could live with. For me the human body is varied and glorious enough without sexualising anything else.

Actually just sat and thought about it. Am currently looking for a man with a pulse, so ignore the above.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #21
rkzenrage

I'll let you guys know. I could get a call tomorrow or a year from now.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #22
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

rk, I've got my fingers crossed you get a good call soon.

Woo-hoo, I'm still a one-of-a-kind here. Oh, now somebody out there (at the other end of the scale) knows my vote. I might as well just admit I'm plain old vanilla (not surprisingly my favorite flavor of ice cream, too). It's not that I have anything against kinky, per se; I have just never tried anything special and have not really desired anything beyond good old vanilla. Yep, I'm the king of boring!
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #23
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

There seems to be a big gap between vanilla and doing somethings.

It really depends on what the some things are.

I so chose vanilla with chocolate and marshmallow topping.

I mean if I am led there and it feels good who knows? I only know what I don't like and that is a dildo and men who just lay there.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

how do you feel about butt plugs?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

lol! I don't know I have no idea.

I just like the feel of the human body lj. Nothing artificial.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #26
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I love to try new things. I have done more than anyone I have talked to about it (or more than they would admit to), but the one thing I WILL NOT try is anything involving the waste products of the body (i.e. feces and urine). That is just gross. I imagine there would be more things I wouldn't really want to do, but that is all that I have utterly and completely drawn the line on.
I didn't use to like anal either LR, but all it really took was a magnificent lover and tons of foreplay to bring me around.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #27
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I *have* tried it all, if it's legal.

Some isn't worth the effort, and some has been FANTASTIC!

Those who know me already know enough details, those who don't, I'm not repeating them again!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #28
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

I voted for the fetish one, although I guess my kink is pretty broad -- I'm very much into being submissive. That can go with a lot of other stuff, equipment, roleplaying, etc, or it can just be a simple power game. My husband also has a thing about breasts (on the level of a fetish), so we have incorporated that into our playing a lot. Neither of us was very experienced before we met, so we really enjoy playing with each other. I envy our friends who have more disposable income and are always trying new and different toys, restraints, etc, but it doesn't really take a lot of money to have fun in bed with an attractive partner.

EDIT: I forgot to include squicks. That would be: anything involving overt sexism (in the sense of "femininity = humiliation"), waste products, tickling -- that one's not so much a squick as a phobia on my part. Adult babies and extreme ageplay* people don't exactly squick me out, but they are turnoffs for me. A foot fetish would also be a no-go because, well, my feet are very ticklish.

*Mild ageplay, as in teacher/student, is not a turnoff, but baby/daddy definitely is.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #29
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
The one thing I just can't get myself to do is anal sex though.
Use plenty of lube, and take your time.
It'll put a wiggle in your walk.
And remember, post the pics so we can critique your style...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:34 PM   #30
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I forget if I or somebody else posted this before. But it's a must see. (NSFW, probably. Definitely NSF PBS kids show hostesses.)

SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote