The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I will often have a completely random attraction to a man I see in a public place that's the same as Bri describes - visceral and literally takes my breath away.

It doesn't even have to be a man that conforms to my idea of attractive (tall, broad men, preferably with a few pounds on them). It doesn't last long, but I do often get startlingly real images of them topless, or coming up behind me and sticking their tongue in my ear or suchlike. My heart speeds up, my skin flushes, I am overtly aware of my sex and often I feel the need to lean against a wall and fan myself like a herione in a Victorian novel.

This is sometimes triggered by the smell of a man if I am in close proximity. I used to take minutes at a meeting attended by a male social worker. Not my type at all - small, scrawny, terribly earnest and would probably rather bite his own tongue out than expect a woman to swallow after oral sex. But he had such a lovely clean smell to him - soap and fabric conditioner, and I spent meeting after meeting fixated on the idea of just licking his neck. I had to be careful what I wore to those meetings, because my nipples were like bullets.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #17
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Its smell that gets me too.

Mostly its the same scent (Cologne) that gets me hot n bothered, but sometimes it can just be a mans scent.

The scent triggers my mind and then the dialog starts up and explicit visual accompaniments
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #18
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
Its smell that gets me too.

Mostly its the same scent (Cologne) that gets me hot n bothered, but sometimes it can just be a mans scent.

The scent triggers my mind and then the dialog starts up and explicit visual accompaniments
Ok, just out of curiosity, not that I would ever misuse this information, is there any one particular cologne that does this? I'd put up a Cellar poll but I only know about 2 names that are still on the market.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #19
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Joop gets me every time, and then Linx deodorant doesnt do too bad a job either.

Then there is just that manly smell, not BO, but a guy thats done a bit of work and just smells devine. I'm a mess at the gym....muscles, sweat, man smell....
Old 05-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #20
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
Then there is just that manly smell, not BO, but a guy thats done a bit of work and just smells devine. I'm a mess at the gym....muscles, sweat, man smell....
health makes a difference in a person's natural smell. Clean living, i.e., well-hydrated and exercised, lots of natural foods as opposed to processed foods, and anyone will smell better.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #21
lizzymahoney
Major Inhabitant

Is Joop one of the mens colognes that has PigMate (TM) in it? That could be an urban myth, but I haven't checked Snopes.

The scent of a man can drive me crazy sometimes, too. Can't predict how or when, but it doesn't have to be a particular type of man.
Quote:
because my nipples were like bullets
yeah, been there.
lizzymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #22
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
My heart speeds up, my skin flushes, I am overtly aware of my sex and often I feel the need to lean against a wall and fan myself like a herione in a Victorian novel.
I love that.

Now I know I am an ice queen.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
Ok, just out of curiosity, not that I would ever misuse this information, is there any one particular cologne that does this?
Not a cologne, but Old Spice deoderant. Hot day-um. I can smell that stuff from 15 feet away. I think my father might have worn it, but I'm afraid to ask.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #24
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

My dad was an Old Spice dad!

For that very reason, your *Hot day-um* kinda wiggs me out
Old 05-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #25
LadyM
Lurker, still in Denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Not a cologne, but Old Spice deoderant. Hot day-um. I can smell that stuff from 15 feet away. I think my father might have worn it, but I'm afraid to ask.
Yes, Old Spice does it for me.

In fact, guilty secret here, when my significant other switched to a different brand of deodorant, I started using old spice myself.
But it's yummy!

Kitten: I made you a cookie . . . but I eated it.
LadyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #26
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

I don't know if it is this way for every guy, but I think about sex and situations constantly. It is truly amazing I can get anything done at all. I have everything from passing thoughts to full out day dreams. I can't remember the last dream I had that did not involve sex. I may have a problem. Sometimes, when some of the women in the office stop by mine, I will have a really tough time paying attention because I am having some pretty strong images. Luckily, I don't think anyone things I am a complete pervert or I would have lost all respect here in the office. I am sure that this one particular lady is going to walk in wearing something one day that will cause me to say something completely off the wall...I better start saving up for my attorney's fees now.
theotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #27
jamesdalphonse

I can similar scenes in my head, but since I am a gay male who has a partner they are often a little different than hetero ones.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
I get this totally random sex dialog thing going on. Out of the blue, I'll be performing normal daily tasks or at work, when a little voice in the back of my head will say, "Fuck me. Fuck mefuckmefuckme . . ., " or "bite my neck" or something. Not related to anything going on, specific people, or even to other things I'm thinking.

Weird. And I imagine guys have it much worse. Do you have this kind of thing going on?
So do someone a favor and have some random sex with the next guy/girl you see that makes you hot. Take advantage of it. It will not last forever.