The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 10-20-2003, 04:28 PM   #16
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
I don't get it. Do you make quilts?
In my post I accidentally (or maybe on purpose to keep Dave on his toes:p ) typed "quilty" instead of "guilty".

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:42 PM   #17
juju
no one of consequence

Oh.. silly me. :)
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:07 PM   #18
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Are you on cheap crack again Dave? Or are your eagle eyes just playing tricks on you again? Damn that q looks like a g to me:p .
Neither of the above. But even if one of them were true, "conscious" is far from the correct word there; "conscience" is what you were looking for.

How is it that someone like you ever thought they could spend so much time correcting someone else?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:28 PM   #19
warch
lurkin old school

quilted consciousness
Wake up to the patterns that surround us, that link us through the stitched and pieced awareness of time and place.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:30 PM   #20
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
How is it that someone like you ever thought they could spend so much time correcting someone else?
It is to laugh.

[edit, to add real content]
On a more on-topic note, is the object in the picture something you get into and "look out" at another part of the world? Thus, the outside world "looks in" at you? That's the best I can figure. I originally thought it was just you looking at them projected on the inside walls, looking at you projected on their inside walls.

Or is it the outside world "looks in", and you can see 360 degrees around at the "real outside" in another part of the world?

Think of standing inside a glass. You would have a 360* view of the world around you, and those outside could look in. Or, would it be you looking at a scene painted on the walls, which were in fact the inside walls of another glass, so you were both just seeing "inside the glass" with no exterior view? Meaning, I see the inside of their glass and they see the inside of mine?

It would be cooler if you could actually see the people outside the glass wandering around. So you stroll down to the park and see "people" walking in the enclosed circle, who are in France or what not.
[/edit]

Quzah.

Last edited by quzah; 10-20-2003 at 08:35 PM.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
quilted consciousness
Wake up to the patterns that surround us, that link us through the stitched and pieced awareness of time and place.
Hmm,....Heavy.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Tholos is promising. I've been wondering what the next generation cyber sex would be.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:55 PM   #23
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah

Think of standing inside a glass. You would have a 360* view of the world around you, and those outside could look in. Or, would it be you looking at a scene painted on the walls, which were in fact the inside walls of another glass, so you were both just seeing "inside the glass" with no exterior view? Meaning, I see the inside of their glass and they see the inside of mine?
That was really heavy. I took a class in college called Visual Culture - it was all about how people perceive things and then eventually how the powers to be manipulated shit to fuck with humans, etc. Now reading about dioramas and early panoramic paintings was cool and all ... but my freaky chain-smoking has-been artists professor was way too into the philosophy behind this stuff. Almost ruined some interesting exhibits.

I did a nasty presentation about Virtual Reality though. Nasty.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:15 AM   #24
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
Well Dave, I give up. There is just no joking with you. If you care to look around a little you will see that I have not corrected anyone's spelling in quite awhile (except for Billy and that's just to help him out with his English, which BTY he requested). So, it is you spending your time correcting me, not visa versa. So I ask, "How is it that someone like YOU ever thought they could spend so much time correcting someone else?"

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:03 AM   #25
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
So I ask, "How is it that someone like YOU ever thought they could spend so much time correcting someone else?"
Because you're an insufferable idiot that took it upon herself to offer corrections to people while making similar mistakes. (What the fuck does "BTY" stand for? By The Yay? The Y key isn't even close to the W key.)

I correct you because I find it humorous that before I started correcting you, you could hardly get through a post without both correcting someone <b>and</b> misspelling something. And so it was that I found myself thinking, "Jesus Christ she's an idiot." Does your brain misfire this much in real life? "Why LUVBUGZ, that's quite a banal comment." - "Actually, it's <i>bay-nowl</i>, snicker snicker."

Last edited by dave; 10-21-2003 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:17 PM   #26
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I must admit Dave, your behavior has been exemplary for quite some time.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:51 PM   #27
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah
It would be cooler if you could actually see the people outside the glass wandering around. So you stroll down to the park and see "people" walking in the enclosed circle, who are in France or what not.
By all appearances, this is exactly how they have designed it. You would be able to walk up to the exterior wall, and see (and hear) what would be viewable if you standing in the same place relative to the sister Tholos (assuming there wasn't a Tholos in the way). So you'd see landmarks, weather conditions, and people on the other side. Of course they'd look like they were enclosed in a large glass cylinder, not a seamless introduction of their images into the current landscape, but still niftier than hell.

This is a really interesting application of the technologies, I hope this idea sticks to the wall.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #28
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Quote:
Does your brain misfire this much in real life?
It's called a brain fart , or more correctly a crainal flagglitory occorance ( yeeh I know i misspelled that horribaly )
Old 10-21-2003, 07:41 PM   #29
dave

zippy, you misspell everything horribly. The reason it doesn't bother me is because you don't pretend to be a dictionary.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:18 PM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
This is a really interesting application of the technologies, I hope this idea sticks to the wall.
The only way to guarantee it's sucessful is to find a way for someone to make money from it.