The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #16
Drax
Banned

TRANSFORMERS 2007 - Just got it yesterday

FRAKKIN' AWESOME! And it ain't over yet. Starscream lives! (Was that too spoilery?)
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
Drax
Banned

TRANSFORMERS 2007 again.

Still kickass!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Reign over me......

Hated it.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #19
Cloud

Thanatos, I own that Blue Man Group DVD. Love it, and watch it often!

And, oh, Transformers !

They did an incredible job, given they had very little to work with (based on a toy) and it's not without some serious flaws (plot, what plot?) but this movie is fantastic for several reasons.

The stirring and melodic score, the freakin' autobots themselves, which were awesome; and, of course Shia La Boeuf, who is just amazing.

I love how the whole adolescent fantasy aspect of such a movie is made overt. And there are so many great little moments, too. The moment when Bumblebee makes himself over, and the two kids are like, "whoa . . . "; and, oh yeah:

"You A-holes are in so much trouble now. Gentlemen, let me introduce you to my friend, Optimus Prime."

Old 10-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #20
Drax
Banned

Ok. I'll bite.

What are the flaws?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #21
Cloud

plot holes big enough for OP to drive through is the main one. Weak supporting characters and some mis-casts.

Like--it made no sense to me that they took the cube into that city to "hide" it, causing way more property and civilian damage than if they kept it in the desert. Also, why did they give the cube to Sam to "get it to the top of the building and into military hands." The whole point was for the Autobots to get the cube away from the military so they could have it. And then they turn around and give it right back? Huh?

I'm willing to overlook such logical errors, since the premise isn't really logical--based on toys, ya know.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:49 PM   #22
Cloud

oh, and I went to buy the soundtrack, but the one in the stores is a mishmash of songs and NOT the score. Which I had to buy from Amazon.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #23
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
And then they turn around and give it right back?
When did this happen? I must have missed that somehow.

Quote:
I'm willing to overlook such logical errors, since the premise isn't really logical--based on toys, ya know.
The movie more logical than the cartoon series, with the exception of using the original transformation at the beginning of Blackout's first transformation scene.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #24
Drax
Banned

Quote:
oh, and I went to buy the soundtrack, but the one in the stores is a mishmash of songs and NOT the score. Which I had to buy from Amazon.
You don't like Linkin Park... or Mutemath...or Amazon?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #25
Cloud

I do like Linkin Park, and I haven't written off the soundtrack album as a loss-yet. It's just not what I wanted.

As far as the giving the cube back--The Autobots are searching for the All Spark, right? They find it, leave Hoover Dam to "hide" it in the City; when the shit hits the fan in "Mission City," Sam is given the cube, to race it to the white building with the statues on top to "make sure this gets into military hands."

Huh? They just got finished taking it out of military hands. Don't get why the Autobots give it back.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #26
Drax
Banned

Ahh...I remember now. You mean when Sam tries to give it to the guy in the helicopter. Yeah, but they were the "regular" military, not Sector 7.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 PM   #27
Cloud

but the whole point to the Autobots coming to earth was to retrieve the All Spark.

Made for great movie moments, perhaps, but totally made no sense.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #28
Drax
Banned

Quote:
but the whole point to the Autobots coming to earth was to retrieve the All Spark.
I get that, but then OP decided if he wasn't successful, it'd be better to destroy it rather than let it fall into Megatron's hands.

I do agree that since this was his plan, that the whole giving it back to the military thing kinda falls apart.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #29
Cloud

but, I don't really care. It's got pretty girls! and pretty boys! and monsters from outer space! What's not to like?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #30
Drax
Banned

Yep, just a fun, kick-ass movie. Maybe now people will give Mr. Bay some credit.