The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #16
jinx
Come on, cat.

I had everyone trained to close the lid but I guess we've all been slipping. Leaving it open is just gross though... aside form the poop molecules on your toothbrush from flushing, it just looks gross when you enter the bathroom.

There are SO many things I didn't say to the passport bitch at the post office yesterday...
Old 08-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #17
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
There are SO many things I didn't say to the passport bitch at the post office yesterday...
You weren't getting the kids passports by any chance, were you? That's a horrible experience. We had to leave one post office and drive across town when we did that because I couldn't deal with the oaf behind the counter at the first place.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
Juniper
I know, right?

We leave it up, gross or not, because we have five cats and two dogs and nobody can remember to fill up the damn water bowls. As long as it's flushed, I don't really care if it is a pet drinking fountain.

Which leads me to something I don't say, quite often: "Flush the goddamn toilet, nobody wants to come in and look at your turd sitting there!"

Translation: "::sigh::" ...flush.

Except that the dogs don't drink neatly, slurp, drip, slurp, drip. After they're done, the bathroom floor needs mopping. Which doesn't mean that anyone will volunteer to mop it. Which means that if you go in there with socks on, those socks will soon be coming off. Which means that on any given day there are at least a dozen balled-up soggy, filthy socks scattered throughout the house.

So here's another thing I don't say: Pick up your socks, do you think the friggin' sock fairy will get them for you?

And another: "Get those stupid dogs out of the house, they can drink from their water bowl on the porch."

Translation: "::sigh:: I'll get the mop."

But if the seat is left down, the seat gets wet too. And in our master bath, where Tabby the Ancient lives (she was my mom's cat, we inherited her, she's 16 and senile and pees on the floor...which is why she stays in the bathroom) there are going to be wet clay cat litter footprints all over the seat. Ew.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #19
jinx
Come on, cat.

It's like they think they have a stressfull job pushing those papers around... give me a break.
No, the kids are next but I can't find their birth certs. I know they're here somewhere though....
Old 08-29-2008, 04:47 AM   #20
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Things I didn't say:

No I'm not alright. My life is falling apart. In fact if I think too hard I might start crying.

Translation
No don't worry everything's fine here, see you when I see you.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #21
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Didn't say:

What the fuck kiddie-grade English competency test did you pass to get into my class? There is no need to use "the" with country names. It is not The Canada. Who did you learn English from, Miss Teen South Carolina????

Said:
Good presentation. Well done.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #22
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Things I didn't say:

SG, I've been thinking about you and I know things will get better soon.

Said: nothing.

Also didn't say yesterday: Gee, I'm sorry I"m ruining your life by not doing a backflip as soon as you walked into the office and for not throwing money at you and for starving your children and hindering your tattoo acquisition...hey, here's an idea...have a box of condoms and quit procreating you loser freaking mudder focking piece of shit drain on society get a job you whiney sense-of-entitlement dumbass.

What I said: we are working through requests as fast as we can, and are required to process in order of receipt.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #23
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
.hey, here's an idea...have a box of condoms and quit procreating you loser freaking mudder focking piece of shit drain on society get a job you whiney sense-of-entitlement dumbass.
That needed to be said again.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #24
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
That needed to be said again.
You all would be surprised if you ever saw me at work IRL. I'm actually quite friendly and accommodating, well most of the time I keep that smile pasted on...the Cellar is my place to vent what is running through my head after the 40 millionth time I've heard the same crap.

I'm also seeing myself become less liberal and much more conservative and it scares me to pieces. Does this mean I am getting older or have I just seen too much?

Sorry for the threadjacking.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #25
Griff
still says videotape

It's the seeing that does it. I think most of us moderate our views if we see a bit of the world.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #26
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Leaving it open is just gross though... aside form the poop molecules on your toothbrush from flushing, it just looks gross when you enter the bathroom.
I thought you didn't believe in poop molecules. Or am I thinking of someone else? *scratches head*
Old 08-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #27
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I'm also seeing myself become less liberal and much more conservative and it scares me to pieces. Does this mean I am getting older or have I just seen too much?
A little of both - You realize how hard you work for yours and you wanna keep it. That and the ticking clock.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #28
Juniper
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Things I didn't say:

No I'm not alright. My life is falling apart. In fact if I think too hard I might start crying.

Translation
No don't worry everything's fine here, see you when I see you.
SG -- here is something I WILL say: you're in my thoughts and I hope things get better very soon. I haven't "known" you long but you seem to be a very strong woman; I'm sure you'll be fine...eventually. In the meantime, it's quite OK to be NOT fine. Just wait it out, what's needed here the most is just plain old time. ::hugs::

Now, back to your regularly scheduled nonsense...
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #29
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

"Everybody does something stupid once in a while. But what you just did goes beyond stupid into the realm of monumental cluelessness and epic poor judgment."
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #30
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

To the tech support woman from AT&T: "What are you wearing?"

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote