The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

That's one thing about the Cellar that is unmatched in internetdom. Everyone here, it seems, has at least one notch in their belt from emerging victorious in their personal battle with some gawd-awful dragon.

Your personal victory is sufficient gratification. But, now that all you have to worry about is an 800 pound dragon carcass in your driveway, perhaps you can stay a bit and jump in a thread or two.

Personally, I'd be interested to hear more about Wyoming - a beautiful state from what I hear but I know very little about it.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:59 AM   #17
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
That's one thing about the Cellar that is unmatched in internetdom. Everyone here, it seems, has at least one notch in their belt from emerging victorious in their personal battle with some gawd-awful dragon.

Your personal victory is sufficient gratification. But, now that all you have to worry about is an 800 pound dragon carcass in your driveway, perhaps you can stay a bit and jump in a thread or two.

Personally, I'd be interested to hear more about Wyoming - a beautiful state from what I hear but I know very little about it.

Nice post
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #18
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
I actually hadn't noticed that, but it may well be true.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #19
skysidhe

Quote:
I thought that was just sardonic wit maggie.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #20
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Lexapro update.

Last Thursday was a 1 week check up with the doc after being on 5mg for 7 days. The only thing I noticed was several nights in a row of very vivid dreams that I remembered when I woke up. Nothing crazy, some slightly scary though. I mentioned that to her, and she said that was a good sign that the serotonin was increasing in my brain. I didn't notice any other side effects. So, we went up to 10mg (official theraputic dose) starting last Friday. Saturday, my husband and I replaced a ceiling fan in our living room. We actually went to Menards, picked one out, took down the old one, then put up the new one and I never raised my voice or got any uptight tense feelings. In fact, he was the one who got testy a few times. I honestly don't think we have ever worked together that seamlessly ever. We've been married over 7 years.

The thing I have noticed now, though, is a headache back behind my ears about 9 hours after I take my pill. I am going to gradually take it a couple hours later, so that the headache would hit when I am asleep and see if that makes any difference. I am still having vivid dreams. Last night I was delivering pizza with Aston Kutcher. (That 70's Show, Demi Moores boy toy). He drove. I did the deliveries. WTF?! I have noticed that when I wake up, I actually feel RESTED, not like I was just hit by a truck. It's so much easier to get out of bed and get going. I ran in the morning for the first time in weeks yesterday. Another thing is that for forever, I could never find the right word when I was trying to talk (or post). It felt hard to think, and my concentration was getting worse and worse. It was taking me twice the effort to get the same amount of work done. At one point I actually wondered if I had a brain tumor. Seriously. I swear that my mind feels quicker. Not smarter, but quicker. When I need to do something, I just do it, I don't have to concentrate so long or hard. I don't think these things are placebo effects, I really think Zoloft either A. wasn't working, or B. was f-ing me up more. My next appointment is in another week or so. It's still early, but so far, aside from the headache, all I really have to say are positive things.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #21
LabRat

PS.
I'm glad to hear yu are feeling better, GC68! Check out the rest of the place!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #22
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
I thought that was just sardonic wit maggie.
Maybe. I was perhaps thinking only of the old skool Dwellars; most of whom have led interesting lives.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #23
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Maybe. I was perhaps thinking only of the old skool Dwellars; most of whom have led interesting lives.
Then I wish they would come back and share.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #24
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
Then I wish they would come back and share.
Well, that's what archives are for. :-)

Also, the sharing of life stories here has been episodic, and driven by the topic under discussion.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #25
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm back at work and on the board after being diagnosed with depression and having been signed off since March. I've only just started on medication really, so I can't offer any relevant information on coming off it. Just didn't want to start a new thread specifically to talk about me!

I was started on fluoxetine in March and after a week things had gone downhill so badly that I spent half the night on the phone to the Samaritans. Lovely chap called Tim with a down to earth Blackburn accent reassured me that the beds on mental health wards were far too full for them to section people who could still talk as rationally as I did. Fortunately for him the sun comes up early in Spring, and I could cope better by then!

Am now on paroxetine hycrochloride 20mg and it is working much better. I am over the side effects mostly, just twitching occasionally. Would rather have kept the loss of appetite! The fact that I am capable of coming into the workplace shows that it must be working, otherwise I'd still be catatonic on my sofa, but it's taking a lot of effort. I had hoped the drugs would suddenly kick in and I would no longer have to fight apathy to do even simple things like maintain personal hygiene, but it seems to be small steps uphill at present. Just have to keep reminding myself that even small steps are steps.

Glad to be back for the intelligence, the wit and the irreverance as much as the support. You folks got a good place here.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 AM   #26
glatt

Welcome back Sundae Girl. I had wondered at one point where you had gone. Obviously, I had no idea you were going through such a rough time. I'm glad you are feeling well enough that you are able to function, and hope things continue to improve for you. Here's some good vibes for you.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It'll take quite some time for the full effects to kick in. You'll know it's working when you find the world colorful again.

A large percentage of Paroxetine users find they have no sense of hunger while on the drug. If you thought there might be a link between depression and hunger imbalance, there it is in the brain chemistry.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #28
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm so glad Sundae Girl is back! I so missed her! (She's really my long lost twin in England) Here's a hug and good vibes your way, Sundae. Two mantra's that have been a bit of help to me: "This too shall pass", and, "I won't feel this way forever!"

back!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #29
LabRat

Welcome back, I am glad that you are doing a little better. I hope things keep getting better!! My is this: After awhile, if you aren't doing as well as you think you should be, don't be afraid to change meds. Each med works in a slightly different way, and one might be better than another. Get some honest imput from someone close to you if possible. I thought my old med was working OK, then just quit. Hubby told me nah, it hadn't been working for awhile, and you hit a big dip. I only really noticed the big dip. A new med, and I am back to 'normal'. So says hubby too.

Lexapro update: Week 3 @10mg. The dreams have tapered off a bit, though last night was another really crazy vivid one. Anorgasmia is a potential side effect, though since I rarely have a full blown orgasm I really have no opinion on this potential problem. The few times we have had intercourse I think I was thinking too much to really relax enough to enjoy it, so after a few more weeks I'll be better able to comment on this. No other side effects. Whoot!! Met with Doc this week, and we're going to stay here @10mg. Haven't had a menstral cycle since being on this, she said I may have a shallow dip during PMS, but as long as it's transient not to sweat it. I sometimes have some PMS (pre menstral shitties) when I am otherwise feeling peachy so I don't plan on getting too concerned.

Won't update again unless something develops. Good luck to everyone.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #30
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm on 450 mg wellbutrin XL. I was on prozac for YEARS but lately it makes me sooooooooo numb that I wonder which is worse--the depression or the numbness. Wellbutrin has a little norepi kick. I could, frankly, use more of a kick. Too bad cocaine isn't recommended for the 3pm blues.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote