The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-05-2004, 08:37 AM   #16
Leus
Abecedarian

A fine? I thought taxes would cut it. It's illegal to get some quality beverage delivered to your door? How's your hotel industry going on?

Well, I'm sorry for you. Just yesterday I "sampled" (liberal use of the word here, as a full bottle is no sample) some Casillero del Diablo. Good stuff.
Leus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:36 PM   #17
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

The individual states all have different laws - left over from Prohibition attitudes. The states felt that if people could buy liquor, that they should legislate how. Pennsylvania has a State Store system where you have to buy alcoholic beverages in the stores run by the state. There are no private liquor stores. The hotels deal with the state by becoming licenseed to purchase and sell said beverages.

They do have some State Stores here that are Wine Specialty stores - that is they have a Wine Consultant on the staff who will actually help you with your wine selection, and they have a larger number of wines in their inventory. I will have to look for their Chilean collection next time I am in the store. I am there often. I love good wine.
Katkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote