The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Lamplighter--

I'm no lawyer. Kelley was clearly threatened by the encroachment on her personal space. The Castle Doctrine has stood up with weaker foundations, and in any case, exists, in reality, to a far greater degree than her imagined diplomatic inviolability.

I don't think like she does. I don't know why she acted the way she did, though I do know what it looks like. She was trying to spend the currency that matters to her, name-dropping, influence, aggrandizement. Look at what she said to the 911 dispatcher. "There are people on my property. I'm an honorary consul, get me some diplomatic protection." She's not just asking for help, she's ordering people around. If I'm in trouble in my house, I say send help!, not you need to scramble the jets or call out the swat team. She doesn't give a thought to the dignity and credibility of the castle doctrine any more than she does diplomatic immunity. She just wants shit taken care of, and *no thought at all* as to how that gets done.

Look at the reports of her finances. Someone's being stiffed for the loan on her house, but she's living there. Looks like the same thing with her credit cards. I wouldn't act that way, but she doesn't exhibit any behavior that indicates she notices, much less cares.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

that's what I mean, bigV. HOW does she get away with all this stuff? Ok. she's attractive, but, as I mentioned before, her complete bat shit-craziness should cancel at least some of that asset out, no?

How do you pay the MINIMUM on ONE credit card of 70,000 (and what would that min. be?) and still throw lavish parties, etc. ?????

Big, big rat. Stinking to high heaven.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Trillina dear,

How many times do I have to remind you? If you owe the bank $100,000 and can't pay them, YOU have a problem. If you owe the bank 2 billion dollars and can't pay them, the BANK has a problem.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Carry on as you are now, but cease to care. Consequences are for losers. Don't give a half a shit about the wherefore and the why, just tell people what they want to hear so they'll give you what you want from them.