The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #16
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Point proven. Evil, moneygrubbing monopoly.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #17
meph
Aggregate Aggravator

Ticketbastard experience

The last time I used those goniffs was for a ticket that was 22 or 23 dollars and by the time they tacked on the "convenience" charge and other crap it was an extra 10 bucks or so.

I was stunned.

The time before that was for a show that was 32 bucks that I went to the gate to get tickets. It was another 12 bucks over face value to buy them from a trailer they set up.

I laughed and got someone selling tickets outside the "arena" to sell me them for face value.

Both of the experiences above were general admission.

Back when I lived in Philly the ticket agents were capped on what they could charge as a service fee. This was the 70s and early 80s so things may have changed in Philly but apparently they can gouge you for the rest of the country.

Now whenever I see Ticketbastards as the sole place to buy tickets I skip the show. It's much easier to hit the smaller venues and get the tickets directly from the box office since it's also not a bad idea to visit the area when not in a rush.

I doubt much will be done to those scum for this since there's undoubtedly already loopholes written into the laws for the agents and Ticketscumbags.

I'm sure that doesn't include ticket scalpers outside the venues from being nailed by police if they dare charge a penny over face value.
meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #18
chrisinhouston
Professor

Funny, I'm going to be back in Houston when he and the band play there in April so 2 days after the tickets went on sale I looked for some to buy. Ticketmaster is not the seller there but it is the venue host, The Toyota Center. I had no problem getting some pretty decent tickets with in a few minutes of logging in. So now I do get to see the show but in my home town as well, all is good!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote