The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

You must have missed the Marichiko debacle then Syc. bruce seems very happy as long as he has at least one person he can be a total bastard with.

Last edited by DanaC; 04-01-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Unnecessarily harsh.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What the fuck are you talking about? Mari and I agreed on some things not on others, but she always gave as good as she got.
I'm a bastard because I don't back down? Or am I not genteel enough for you?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #18
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bruce has his moments...don't we all? But I've rarely seen him go after anyone with such fervor. I haven't read all the back and forth between him and rkz, so I don't know who started what or "who is in the wrong" or whatever. Just commenting on how unusual it is to me to see it.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #19
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think religion is very important for some people, and so it is a big part of their lives. They talk about it. It's their yardstick.

Besides, the end is coming. Of course everyone's talking about Godly stuff.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're right, Aliantha. And when a minority of them do something stupid, that's no reason to hammer all of them or all religions that aren't your* own.
Blanket assertions and unjust accusations are never all right.

*Not your, your own, they're, your own.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #21
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Fuck you, nice try, but that diversion won't work any more than the Seminary prep fools anyone into thinking you have any credentials on religion. Excellent idea..... crush would be appropriate treatment for a bigoted asshole like you.You want to teach the next generation what you believe, but deny the parents to do the same.
You want to use your logic because you're such a self centered asshole you think only your conclusions are true. You're such a bigot nobody else is smart enough to question your position.
Love the way you brought up questioning the existence of the Holocaust, which 99% of the know is true, to back up your bullshit rants on religion. But alas, people aren't as stupid as you treat them, they'll see through that diversion, too.
Bigot? Man, I sure am curious as to your definition of that word.
Religon is a choice and I never said religious people were bad people. I just said some made bad decisions based on it and it was a delusion.
Also, I think the Celler is a group of some of the smartest people out there, you are an elitist jerk.
But, since you are so much smarter than everyone... show me your stuff.
Sure, I think my position is true, show me it is not and I will happily recant & thank you for showing me the error of my ways.
Bigot... man, that is a good one.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah bigot, against all religions except your own, which you won't even admit is a religion, even though millions say your wrong.

Prove your hate mongering is wrong? It's always wrong, asshole. But of course you wouldn't understand that, being contrary to your personal dogma.

Elitist? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Probably most of the people here have more education and definitely more knowledgeable in their field(s) than I am. That's why I'm always asking questions, trying to learn more.

That said, I can still recognize a shit throwing monkey like you by the way it's targeted, rather than just a general shit stirrer like LJ.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
Flint
Snowflake

If this is bigotry, count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I have no issue with religion.
The degrading of the separation of church and state and the stepping-up of the bigotry against non-christians and the non-religious and one aspect of religion, teaching children that if they sin they will go to hell, which is child abuse, and using religion to further other forms of bigotry like racism/homophobia/misogynism are things I am against and enjoy discussing.
As long as someone does not use their religion to harm others... no sweat.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
rkzenrage

Religion? Please tell me how something that has no belief in anything supernatural, an afterlife or set dogma is a religion to anyone but a government for designation purposes?

I agree, the above was a poor choice of words on my part... thank you for pointing that out for me. I recant that statement.
However, one is far harder pressed to change being a rational thinker than someone who chooses to believe in something with no evidence.
Being someone who is only 3% of a population where the opposition is represented by everyone, but one, in the House and Senate, the Judicial branch and all of the Executive branch (God talks to our illustrious leader, whooooo!) and is the most powerful lobby while laws in many states still keep you from holding office does smack of that word or, at least, institutionalized marginalization.

Hate? I don't hate anyone, I dislike certain ideas being pushed on children, I dislike any break in the separation of church and state... I hate no one.

Quote:
Elitist? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Probably most of the people here have more education and definitely more knowledgeable in their field(s) than I am. That's why I'm always asking questions, trying to learn more.
That said, I can still recognize a shit throwing monkey like you by the way it's targeted, rather than just a general shit stirrer like LJ.
Quote:
You want to use your logic because you're such a self centered asshole you think only your conclusions are true. You're such a bigot nobody else is smart enough to question your position.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 04-02-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #25
Aliantha

I'm with you on that one Flint.

I think some of the things said in this thread are particularly vile and one eyed. Such a shame.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #26
Aliantha

Quote:
You're right, Aliantha. And when a minority of them do something stupid, that's no reason to hammer all of them or all religions that aren't your* own.
Blanket assertions and unjust accusations are never all right.

*Not your, your own, they're, your own.
While I respect your right to your own opinion Bruce, I don't see rkz as hammering all religions that aren't his own. I see him arguing the case for separation of state and church. Yes he does it all over the place, and yeah it can be tiresome sometimes (even though I agree with him totally) but this forum has touted itself on allowing people the right to state their views as long as it's not to the detrimet of other members.

As has been said to many others here before, if you don't like it, put him on ignore or simple disregard his posts. It's pretty simple.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
If this is bigotry, count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
I have no issue with religion.
The degrading of the separation of church and state and the stepping-up of the bigotry against non-christians and the non-religious and one aspect of religion, teaching children that if they sin they will go to hell, which is child abuse, and using religion to further other forms of bigotry like racism/homophobia/misogynism are things I am against and enjoy discussing.
As long as someone does not use their religion to harm others... no sweat.
Me too, if it stopped there and didn't make outrageous claims about child abuse.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Religion? Please tell me how something that has no belief in anything supernatural, an afterlife or set dogma is a religion to anyone but a government for designation purposes?
Who says those are the qualifications for religion? A lot of people worship things or concepts without those qualifications, and feel their's is valid religion.
Quote:
I agree, the above was a poor choice of words on my part... thank you for pointing that out for me. I recant that statement.
However, one is far harder pressed to change being a rational thinker than someone who chooses to believe in something with no evidence.
Being someone who is only 3% of a population where the opposition is represented by everyone, but one, in the House and Senate, the Judicial branch and all of the Executive branch (God talks to our illustrious leader, whooooo!) and is the most powerful lobby while laws in many states still keep you from holding office does smack of that word or, at least, institutionalized marginalization.
Get real, most of those scumbags in Washington only affiliate themselves with any religion, to get elected. You can't possibly be naive enough to think religion plays any part in their day to day behavior.

Quote:
Hate? I don't hate anyone, I dislike certain ideas being pushed on children, I dislike any break in the separation of church and state... I hate no one.
When you broad brush religion, you're painting billions of people outside the US, that have nothing to do with church and state.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
While I respect your right to your own opinion Bruce, I don't see rkz as hammering all religions that aren't his own. I see him arguing the case for separation of state and church. Yes he does it all over the place, and yeah it can be tiresome sometimes (even though I agree with him totally) but this forum has touted itself on allowing people the right to state their views as long as it's not to the detrimet of other members.

As has been said to many others here before, if you don't like it, put him on ignore or simple disregard his posts. It's pretty simple.
You still don't get it do you? This isn't Speakers Square when anyone can take a turn on the soapbox and state views then toddle off home.

It you want to expound your philosophy write a book. If you bring it here, expect reaction and action in proportion to how off the wall your claims are.
No, you don't get to decide proportion, that's up to the offended.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #30
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post

Please Ignore me and do not respond to any of my posts. Thanks.