The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 04-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #16
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
... if you run on a platform of bringing back nun habits and nun names ... Bring Back the Penguins!!!
Rome is with you on the penguins, but the first Papal Bull will be quite clear on the subject: it's <i>Nasty</i> habits and <i>No</i> names.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

NOW he's dead.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Old 04-02-2005, 02:50 PM   #18
AnthonyFrankChirico

Hello- are you out there for me today? I had difficulty reaching the Internet Website that brings me to precious you, admiring your every intelligence,today. How do you access you at this site when you do come on. There could be a trip to your location and some of those Finger foods you like so much in it for you. No promises.
How are you? Please help.-LOOK ME UP- ANTHONY FRANK CHIRICO

Old 04-02-2005, 02:57 PM   #19
AnthonyFrankChirico

Hi Brianna- What is the significance to adding someone to a buddy list? Can I add you to mine. This is Anthony Frank Chirico.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #20
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Settle down Beavis
Old 04-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I don't know why but I feel embarrassed.
I never did or said anything to this guy--he just fixated on a name.
I feel so dumb.
Sorry.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Old 04-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #22
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Fear not, he has (thankfully) been exiled from the Cellar - reduced to a swirl of ions in the cold, uncharted, nether regions of cyberspace never to post here again.

Last edited by Beestie; 04-02-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
Fear not, he has (thankfully) been exiled from the Cellar - reduced to a swirl of ions in the cold, uncharted, nether regions of cyberspace never to post here again.
for the next two days in the penalty box...
Old 04-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #24
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I heard on CNN that the Apostolic Conclave, the body of people that (s)elects the next pope, consists of 117 men. Of those 117 men, only three (!) have had any experience in this process. This is another perspective on the exceptional length of service of John Paul II.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #25
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
for the next two days in the penalty box...
Yep - I was not quite correct. I visited his profile and saw the status of banned before I saw the other thread indicating the 2-day duration. I just read all of his posts from start to finish and there's no way I'd let that brain-damaged cyberstalker back in here.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #26
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
Yep - I was not quite correct. I visited his profile and saw the status of banned before I saw the other thread indicating the 2-day duration. I just read all of his posts from start to finish and there's no way I'd let that brain-damaged cyberstalker back in here.
Huzzah!

Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #27
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

From here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/S...051841,00.html
"After the pope dies, an event confirmed when a senior member of staff strikes him on the forehead with a silver hammer and calls his baptismal name to make sure he is not just asleep, the cardinals will gather within a fortnight in the Vatican to deliberate in great secrecy on the choice of his successor."
This seemed so unusual to me. Naturally, I flashed on the Beatles' tune. I wonder what connection if any existed.

The Convlave will have about 4 ballots per day, and election requires 2/3 majority. The rules state that if there is no white smoke after 30 ballots, then the cardinals can vote to change the rules to make the threshold a simple majority, 50% + 1.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I don't know why but I feel embarrassed.
I feel so dumb.
Sorry.
Wrong! If you're having trouble realizing your the victim, then that explains a lot.

Anywho, What continent will Pope George-Ringo be from?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The front runners are from Africa and India. But because of the amazingly complete coverage of the intricacies of the process we are getting, I heard an interesting saying ...

"The man who goes into the conclave a pope, comes out of it a cardinal."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
Old 04-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #30
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
The front runners are from Africa and India.
My first instincts said Africa. But the India choice is surprising. What kind of market penetration does the Roman Catholic Church have in India?! Interesting.

I also wondered if South America, particularly Brazil, had an inside shot, since it's the country with the largest population of Catholics.

Quote:
But because of the amazingly complete coverage of the intricacies of the process we are getting, I heard an interesting saying ... "The man who goes into the conclave a pope, comes out of it a cardinal."
I've heard a ton of coverage today and I didn't hear this piece. Not that that means much, but I confess I don't understand it. I mean, no man goes into the conclave a pope, by definition. What am I missing here?

More trivia, there's a Cardinal from the Philipines named Sin. Yep, Cardinal Sin.

http://www.tourism.gov.ph/explore_ph...do&province=80
Archdiocesan Museum of Manila
In 1987, His Eminence Jaime Cardinal Sin set up an eclesiastical museum with the theme, “History of the Catholic Church in the Philippines.” The collection includes ecclesiastical, liturgical, and various antique items.

Last edited by BigV; 04-03-2005 at 12:00 AM.