The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #16
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Jeeze.. Flint is going to be shocked to learn they have a long lost brother....
Well I think they may not be brothers after all. Tony has green eyes, while your cats have yellow.
Cousins maybe?
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I recently discovered that Bosco can catch one of those plastic gallon-jug rings with his front paws, and if he catches it right, he'll lob it back! If he doesn't, he'll do the old grab it in his mouth and toss it with his head thing. Or he'll reach one paw out and smack it back like a volleyball.

We have these ancient 10' high windows with a wide sill, and yesterday Bosco was throwing himself up against them, trying to attack the snow flurries. I thought about stopping him, being a little concerned that he might knock a pane out and go flying down the window well, but it was too hilarious to watch.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #18
Cloud

the thing about cats is . . . they're really not domesticated animals.

Not in the sense that dogs are. I love them! they are beautiful and elegant. they are soft and furry. They purr. they are weird and wonderful.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #19
Kitsune
still eats dirt

My cat used to chew on books, cardboard boxes, the mail -- anything made of paper. My collection of paperbacks all had pinhole teethmarks in the covers and curled corners where they had been licked.

So weird.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #20
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

blueC, your cat story reminded me of another Madison story. I was in the huge apartment in the sky and got up for work one morning. I was half asleep as I stumbled into the kitchen. There was a door off the kitchen onto a really cool old balcony. I glanced at the door (just screen door, all windows up, it was nice weather) and saw Madison sitting out there. I was like "hey Maddy what's up...WTF?" There was NO Way he could have been out there. I found out later his big self had knocked one of the window screens out, then he must have scaled the eaves and ended up on the balcony. He is definitely not the most graceful cat, so he and I were very lucky...it was a long way down, and there wasn't much room for him to walk.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #21
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
attack you
Ha ha...when my cat "attacks," he's so careful not to extend his claws, and bites very softly, almost feels like he's gumming you (eww). If he does bite a little too hard, and you say, "Ow!" he'll stop and lick the 'wound.'
Old 02-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
blueC, your cat story reminded me of another Madison story. I was in the huge apartment in the sky and got up for work one morning. I was half asleep as I stumbled into the kitchen. There was a door off the kitchen onto a really cool old balcony. I glanced at the door (just screen door, all windows up, it was nice weather) and saw Madison sitting out there. I was like "hey Maddy what's up...WTF?" There was NO Way he could have been out there. I found out later his big self had knocked one of the window screens out, then he must have scaled the eaves and ended up on the balcony. He is definitely not the most graceful cat, so he and I were very lucky...it was a long way down, and there wasn't much room for him to walk.
Thank god he was at least smart enough to get himself out of out that little kitty predicament! Or, he cashed in one of his lives.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #23
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Good Lord, what do they do that ISN'T amusing? I prefer to watch and interact with the kitties (11 total) than watch TV.

Boxes and bags, they gotta be in 'em. Folding hot laundry? Yup, gotta be there, too. Vacuuming? Most run/hide, but several could care less and I have to vacuum around them. I think it is kitty-bravado and they are showing off for the other scairdy-cats. They love the toys, soft furry toys that toss in the air nicely for catching, batting down the hallway and carrying to us with a little 'mrow?' asking us to play with them. Plastic milk rings slide across the kitchen linoleum quickly, inviting a chase and swat. I am certain I have DOZENS of milk rings under the fridge and oven. Catnip; I have two kitties who are un-interested in catnip, the rest are interested in it in the usual manner and I have one who is a catnip BOGART! She hears the 'pop' of the container opening and she is johnny-on-the-spot, meowing and standing on her hind legs until I get a pinch on the floor for her, then she runs from pinch to pinch, taking it from the other kitties.
I wonder if I need to find a 12-step program for her?

Then there is the lovies. With almost a dozen cats, there is always someone who wants to be cuddled, and that is very nice. I like to lay down on the LR carpet with them in the afternoon, in the big sun-spot coming in the window. *sigh* ...nothing like a warm sunshine-y spot, surrounded by purring kitties...
hh
Old 02-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #24
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
With almost a dozen cats, there is always someone who wants to be cuddled, and that is very nice.
Wow. No offense or anything, but... how do you stand the smell inside your house?
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #25
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
I have two Siamese boys.
Oh, me too! A seal and a flame/red - they're both 14. I had a chocolate and a blue when I was growing up. My sister had a blue and a seal, both died last year, and my mom had a lavender that died a couple years ago.

Banzai (the red) choked on a milk ring years ago. He managed to get it out of his throat but scratched his face up pretty well in the process. Traumatized all of us...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #26
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
... here is Fat Boy on a bass drum...
I want to specify, that's a 22" bass drum. The biggest drum on a standard "Rock" kit.
If you can imagine how big he has to be to cover that much of a 22" head...and he's hanging off!
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #27
Cloud

The cutest thing No. 1 cat Miles does is nuzzle me awake. He puts his little face right up against mine and purrs. Loudly.

Much nicer than an alarm clock.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #28
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

My cat Anu molests my neck and face in the middle of the night. He tries to nurse on me. Its a lot easier now that he's declawed, but man, when he used to milk tread on my neck...that hurt.

He purrs a lot when he does it. I feel very maternal.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #29
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I gotta get some cat handcuffs, and I got to get a pair of them right away. Just the little ones that go around the front paws. I can not trust my cat anymore. I found out my cat was embezzling from me. You think you know a cat for 10 yrs and he pulls something like this. While I was gone, he would go to the mailbox, take the checks out, go down to the bank disguised as me, and cash the checks.

And I never would have found out, if I did not find about $3000.00 worth of cat toys in his little house where he sleeps. And I can not return them because they all have spit all over them. So now I am stuck with $3000 worth of cat toys....oh sure, they are fun...especially the little mouse with the bell in it...
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #30
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Wow. No offense or anything, but... how do you stand the smell inside your house?
What smell? Our kitties are well behaved and don't eliminate inappropriately. I have one potty box that hubby made, it is 2'x2'x4' and hold 3" of clumping cat litter that I clean daily. It is also vented to the outside to keep dust down.
No odor problem here! Cat hair, on the other hand...(or outfit)...
hh