The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-25-2003, 03:38 PM   #256
dave

My peripheral vision is quite good. The depth perception obviously is non-existant. Neither have kept me from having a job while you were collecting unemployment these past few years.

(What's it like to be a burden to the state?)
Old 11-25-2003, 03:51 PM   #257
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
My peripheral vision is quite good. The depth perception obviously is non-existant.
That's what I suspected...yep, you're pretty much a fucking nerd too.

Quote:
Neither have kept me from having a job while you were collecting unemployment these past few years.
I can't help it if they have affirmative action programs for the mentally challenged.

Quote:
What's it like to be a burden to the state?
It felt good...real good. I figured this god-forsaken place owed me a little something for us moving here. Rho and I went to the beach at least twice during the weeks I collected unemployment (one week in 2002, two this year). Thought about picking you up a souvenir, but then realized that a dumbfuck like you didn't deserve one. Keep it up, and there will be no squeaking dolphin for you on the next trip!

Last edited by elSicomoro; 11-25-2003 at 03:58 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:52 PM   #258
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
For the record, I have never done a celebrity...
Me neither. Not that I would have stood a chance with any of the celebrities that I have met.

Although, I'm sure that hooking up with Prince would have been "veddy" interesting indeed!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:00 PM   #259
dave

I know where you live. I can break down doors. I will have my dolphin. And I will use him to squeak out whatever the fuck it was I was squeaking out last weekend.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #260
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

no fair picking on a physical malady....besides, there's so much more to work with there. you don't have to go right for the glass eye. ( i'm inferring from context)

that has always been a fear of mine, to lose an eye. how'd it happen dave?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 05:22 PM   #261
dave

I done got shot in the eye by a high-powered pump action BB/pellet rifle.

The second most frequently asked question, after "How did it happen?", is "Did it hurt?" Yes. It did.

The third most frequently asked question is "Can you still see out of it?" No. I cannot.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:41 PM   #262
Morrissey
Neophyte-in-training

It was me. I lost my virginity to September.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:03 PM   #263
dave

As far as picking on me/joking about the eye... I would agree that it's a bit out of line, as far as the "in good nature" 'fighting' that sycamore and I do. Making fun of someone for something they can't change is... well, out of line. I call sycamore "ugly" or "stupid", neither of which he is. I don't joke about his weight either, 'cause it doesn't seem fun to make fun of him for an actual fault. It's definitely disappointing that he's not more creative in finding things to joke about, but I'm not losing any sleep over it either. Nothing anyone on the Cellar says about me actually bothers me. I've heard it all before. No matter what your insult or joke about my eye, someone has done worse. Like I said, it's more a disappointment than anything else.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #264
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Quote:
Morrissey It was me. I lost my virginity to September
But she told me I was her first !!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:30 PM   #265
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
It's definitely disappointing that he's not more creative in finding things to joke about, but I'm not losing any sleep over it either.
Of course, it usually helps if you tell someone that you'd prefer them not to joke about something...especially when they've laughed with you about it before. And of course, had he asked me to refrain, I would have been more than happy to...I would have even removed the posts with references to it.

Talk about disappointing...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #266
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
I done got shot in the eye by a high-powered pump action BB/pellet rifle.

The second most frequently asked question, after "How did it happen?", is "Did it hurt?" Yes. It did.

The third most frequently asked question is "Can you still see out of it?" No. I cannot.

OW!

Actually, MY second question would be," who pulled the trigger, and are THEY still metabolizing?" OR "wasn't you, was it?"
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 08:11 PM   #267
dave

Like I said, it's not a huge deal. It's kind of like not winning the lottery.

I didn't care to make a big deal of it, 'cause it wasn't a big deal. You're a cool enough dude that it doesn't make our friendship a negative thing for me. Re-introducing me to Reverend Horton Heat (I hadn't really listened to much by him since I first heard of him when Toadies broke out), feeding me Philly cheesesteaks... there was something else cool about our friendship, wasn't there? Oh yeah, you're ugly.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:18 PM   #268
dave

The person who did it to me was one Robert Buck of 2372 Gillis Rd, Mount Airy, MD 21771. He's still metabolizing because after a BB hits your eye at some 590 feet per second, you're really not thinking about anything else, and after a week in the hospital and months of freaking doctor appointments, I really just felt like getting on with my life. He was talking some shit about it at school, but with an IQ of probably 85 (he was *really* slow), I figured it was just because he was dumb. If I ever lit into him, I figured I probably wouldn't stop until he was dead. I don't need the hassles associated with murder, so I just dropped it.

It happened in '95. It's taken some getting used to, but life is pretty normal. It doesn't affect me very much. It has certainly made some things more challenging, and it's not like I'm glad it happened, but I'd rather have lost the eye than, say, a hand.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:36 PM   #269
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
but I'd rather have lost the eye than, say, a hand.
That's interesting. I've often wondered about shit like that (usually under the influence) but not having some experience remotely related to reference, I'd never been able to come up with a conclusion. Thanks man.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #270
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
I'd rather have lost the eye than, say, a hand.
Because with two hands, you can always get some strange whenever you want!
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote