Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #256
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Somehow we should know an AR-15 Bushmaster was not used in Sandy Hook because you said so?
Hold on, big guy. Sexobon said no such thing. In fact, he provided a link stating the opposite:

Quote:
Here's a decently written article that gives insight into the confusion: http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro...g-wont-go-away
*bows out of war between tw and the Sexter*

Fanatical gun owners on the right want to be able to defend themselves against the guberment as much as anything else. They forget that GW Bush already made the 2nd Amendment and most of our other rights under the Constitution null and void under the Patriot Act:

Homeland Security - Domestic terrorism - Your guns, please.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #257
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
AAAARGH!

Adam Lanza used a semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 rifle.
Unfortunately, the NBC report was the one misinforming.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, Sam.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #258
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Here's a decently written article that gives insight into the confusion: http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro...g-wont-go-away
Quote:
... Somehow we should know an AR-15 Bushmaster was not used in Sandy Hook because you said so? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
Hold on, big guy. Sexobon said no such thing. In fact, he provided a link stating the opposite: ...
Thanks Sam, for setting the record straight. Misinformation is a tw hallmark. I don't hold it against him; because, I know he's really more interested in argument just for the sake of argument than he is in debate. That's why tw does not fact check himself before engaging me and why few others care to engage him. He's not the only one here like that. I've made it no secret that I'm here for the entertainment and I get much entertainment from tw; but, he gets little argument from me ... just scrutinized. Being on the short end of the stick is his destiny.

TW, YOU ARE YOUR FATHER!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #259
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

When caught and exposed lying, then an extremist does what Limbaugh teaches. Attack the messenger. Post more cheapshots and insults. Do so repeatedly.
Quote:
Gibberish, all you've done is what you always do, you take what someone says and extrapolate it to ridiculous proportions which they never said, implied; or meant in a lame effort to discredit them.
If true, then demonstrate adult behavior by answering simple and relevant questions. I keep asking you to act like an adult. Do you know that adults who are still children post cheapshots?

An honest adult (a moderate) answers questions. Extremist ideology provided no answers. So you invent bogus accusations:
Quote:
Misinformation is a tw hallmark. I don't hold it against him; because, I know he's really more interested in argument just for the sake of argument than he is in debate. That's why tw does not fact check himself before engaging me and why few others care to engage him.
If true, then you have already answered those simple and damning questions. Posting cheapshots will not make those damning questions go away. Assault weapons for personal safety was obviously a lie. You proved that by repeatedly avoiding the question. And by posting cheapshots.
Quote:
Why does the NRA need 'gun violence' research banned? Why do you know a gun is not 43 times more likely to be used on a family member? If facts are posted multiple times, then will you address facts rather than post spiteful like a child? History says you will either post angry. Or run away.
He refuses to answer even one question. Because an answer requires logic. The ability to reason rather than parrot a reply. Answers are not found in extremist propaganda. A child caught lying will belittle with insults. It does not change those damning and relevant questions.

Why does the NRA need 'gun violence' research banned? Why do you know a gun is not 43 times more likely to be used on a family member? Why do cops not even use assault weapons for personal defense? Not that I expect an answer. Those educated by propaganda cannot answer questions that the propaganda machine must avoid. And so Sexobon will reply with more denigrating replies.

His unsupported claim was, "Assault weapons are needed for personal defense." It was an obvious lie. As proven by cheapshots posted to avoid answering damning questions.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #260
sexobon

Your second world ethics simply limit your value to me as being for entertainment use only.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #261
tw

Quote:
Your second world ethics simply limit your value to me as being for entertainment use only.
Again, bandwidth wasted on silly emotions. Silly because it protects wacko extremist rhetoric parroted by Tea Party and Rush Limbaugh beliefs. A moderate (a patriot) would have no problem answering these simple questions.

Why does the NRA need 'gun violence' research banned? Why do you know a gun is not 43 times more likely to be used on a family member? Why do cops not even use assault weapons for personal defense?

Sexobon has two choices. Twist and spin to avoid questions that expose extremist rhetoric. Or answer questions as an honest moderate. Assault weapons are for hunting humans. Extremist rhetoric advocates more Sandy Hooks.

Assault weapons have one purpose. To hunt humans.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #262
sexobon

I heard a mouse squeak.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #263
IamSam

Mice and assault weapons aside, I'd like to know if members of Congress will still get their pay, along with their other perks like great health care, etc. if the sequester does go through on March first. Does anyone know?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #264
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I recently read that the average net worth of congresspeeps is over ten million. They'll scrape by on second rate caviar, I guess.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #265
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

It's actually unconstitutional to change the pay of Congress during a term.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #266
Griff
still says videotape

Under the heading meet the new boss, evidence that Dem Presidents are just as stupid as Rep Presidents.

The Hubris of the Drones by Bill Moyers

The Times told of a Muslim cleric in Yemen named Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber, standing in a village mosque denouncing al Qaeda. It was a brave thing to do -- a respected tribal figure, arguing against terrorism. But two days later, when he and a police officer cousin agreed to meet with three al Qaeda members to continue the argument, all five men -- friend and foe -- were incinerated by an American drone attack. The killings infuriated the village and prompted rumors of an upwelling of support in the town for al Qaeda, because, the Times reported, "such a move is seen as the only way to retaliate against the United States."
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #267
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Contrast Benghazi.

No bombardment, within days the town citizens had turned on the extremists and run them out of town.

Grab 'em by the malls, their hearts and minds will follow ... until the second you have to let go of their balls to grab someone else's, then their true feelings resurface, and they stab you in the throat.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #268
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Not so fast on Benghazi

http://news.yahoo.com/two-years-beng...010526963.html

Quote:
BENGHAZI, Libya (Reuters) - As night fell over Benghazi, a familiar sound echoed across the eastern Libyan city - an explosion, and then gunfire. A bomb had just been thrown at a police car on patrol, injuring an officer.

It was the latest of many attacks on local security forces. Two months before, the man whose job it was to ensure Benghazi was safe, the police chief, was shot dead outside his home.

Two years after Libya's second city kindled the uprising that ousted Muammar Gaddafi, it epitomises a popular revolution gone awry - rival militias and Islamist gunmen more powerful than the police, moving residents to ask: where is the state?

"Imagine a city taken over by militias when all you want is to support the state," activist Mohammed Buganah said. "People feel insecure. They are very upset and annoyed about this."

There have been assaults on diplomats and international missions, including the September 11 killing of the U.S. ambassador, amid a rising tide of kidnappings, bombings and assassinations, mainly of security officials.

The anarchy, along with garbage-strewn streets and unraveling municipal services, have deepened a sense of neglect by the capital Tripoli far to the west and reawakened demands for autonomy in a region with most of Libya's oil wealth.

"Everyone is increasingly worried about eastern Libya," a diplomatic source said. "Things are seriously deteriorating."
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #269
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Not so fast on Benghazi
Civil violence like this is normal in some parts of the world. Some parts of Mexico are just as dangerous. Few realize since virtually no press reports from those other regions.

A problem in Benghazi is true everywhere. More guns mean increased violence. Benghazi is still full of guns held by people driven by emotion. Who earn money by touting bigger guns. Benghazi demonstrates what happens when civil rule is replaced by the gunslinger attitude. Similar problems exist in other places. It will take time to disarm a problem - too many with too many guns.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #270
IamSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
It's actually unconstitutional to change the pay of Congress during a term.
I don't know what those clowns in Congress are playing at, but I wouldn't consider it a "term." They have no interest what-so-ever in the good of the nation and its citizens. They are pretty excited about not being "primaried," so they're working hard to out lunatic the tea party - a difficult job, but they are managing it.

Most of the time they are not in session, anyway. At the moment they have taken off for 10 days for some reason or another - maybe they need to take the loot they get from their Wall Street masters and personally deposit it into those off shore bank accounts.

They don't have the guts to put a single corrupt CEO who helped plunge this country into depression on trial for their crimes against the American people. They are pretty good at filibustering anything that moves - just one more way to avoid actually being in session and having the guts to get together, compromise on the issues and actually govern the nation.

I realize their official Congressional pay is a drop in the bucket, but it would at least be a start to let them know how disgusted the American people are with them.

Now we have the sequester coming up. Oh, boy! The US looks more like a comedy of the 200 however many stooges in Congress than it does a respectable, sovereign nation.

Last edited by IamSam; 02-15-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: like about 100 typos
IamSam is offline   Reply With Quote