The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #256
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Glad to hear you'e a little better today rk, but damn that sounds like a bitch of a few days.

Your little boy sounds like a real sweety.

Keep fightin' rk, try and get to the tobacco shop if you possibly can.

X D
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #257
rkzenrage

Thanks. I hope to be able to get out of the house soon. If this weather will let up I should feel a bit better. Until then, I abide.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #258
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Glad you're communicating with the Mrs. That's the most important thing.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #259
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Hang in there rk - I'm pullin for you.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #260
rkzenrage

I honestly don't know how to put this, I've been in this house descending into more pain, with more spasms, eating and sleeping less every day for a month.
Been in this bed, in this room, other than one trip to my parents across the street, which nearly put me in the hospital, that entire time.
Every day I keep thinking "tomorrow I will go outside, to the tobacco shop, to see Harry Potter, to play with my son for a bit, ANYTHING", but it just rains more and the barometer just keeps moving...
My son is at my mother-in-law's and I am encouraging her to keep him all of this week and my wife to go out with her sister tonight and to stay with him all day today.
They don't need to see this any more than they have to.
I am LOSING it and feel... this is hard to admit, but I need to get it out... I don't know how much more of this I can take, I need the weather to change. I honestly don't know how much pain the human body can take.
My chest, jaw and ears are killing me still. I am very worried about having another stroke or heart issues.
Again, I am sorry about griping about this again...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:31 AM   #261
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Don't be sorry about "griping" ... the cellar is a great place to vent, and people with far less to complain about than you have taken up far more space doing so.
If the internet is all the space that you've got at the moment, then use it any way you hoave to.
I hope the weather changes for you, I hope the pain eases for you, I wish you the strength to bear your troubles as you would wish to.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 AM   #262
DanaC

rk, that's horrible. I have no reference for the kind of pain you must be in, so can only imagine. I do have some experience of being confined (by illness) to bed for a long and indeterminate length of time. Each day hoping the next day will bring some kind of change for the better. This is probably the only part of your situation that i can genuinely get a handle on, and even then it's totally different to my own experiences.

I'm glad that you have a place like the Cellar to come and vent. Virtual friends are still friends and we are hear to listen, as well as to cotinue arguing the toss with you in other threads. :P

S'funny, this little Cellar community, gets under your skin. The other day I was walking through town and, can't recall what line of thought/external event provoked this, started thinking about my friend, L, whose drugs recently had to change and is nowhere near as well because of it and also very down. As I was wondering how she's doing, I also found myself wondering how you were doing (rk). Just briefly, before my thoughts turned to more self centred topics *grins*.

So there you go. Virtual friends and the global village....it's a thought isn't it? Keep venting, rk, we're all mates in here, even those who don't get on. We do care, we are interested, we will still call you out in political discussions. If virtual space is all that's available to you right now, use it as you need.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #263
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I liked your last para there Dana. It's so true.

Rkz, I can't add much more than everyone else has already said, but you know I'm always around at about the same time as you seem to be, so pm me if you like. Just no politics in the pm's though ok?

I think you're doing the right thing by encouraging your wife to get out of the house sometimes. She needs to keep herself mentally strong for you and your son, but if she doesn't get any let up, that's going to be hard for her to do.

What your parents decide to do is their decision matey. Don't burden yourself with their choices. What you think they should do probably wont make much difference to what they will do in the end. Just let them love you the way they need to. They will never begrudge you anything.

Hang in there. We'll be hanging with you.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #264
rkzenrage

The last gripe for a while... my son looks at me in the hospital and tells me he does not want me to die.
I don't even know how to deal with that.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #265
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Tell him you'll do the best you can.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #266
rkzenrage

S-basically what I said.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #267
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
The last gripe for a while... my son looks at me in the hospital and tells me he does not want me to die.
I don't even know how to deal with that.
Death should not be feared. Death is peace. Death is relief. Death is rest. Death is rebirth.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #268
rkzenrage

Surgery had some complications, but went pretty well, overall.
Healing slowly.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:11 AM   #269
DanaC

*sends healing energy to rk*

Glad to hear the surgery went well rk.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #270
rkzenrage

Another infection and five lodged stones between my kidney and my bladder.
I'm going to have surgery on Monday, again.
I am so fucking sick of this!
I really, REALLY, want a LOT to drink right now.