The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #241
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Artichoke is apparently someone who has posted before - probably when they came here on their safari.
Nope. If he's been on PD before - and I doubt it - then he had a different IP and style of posting.

He's a new member of the site and nothing more. He wasn't even signed up when the sarfari happened.
Kaliayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #242
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Gosh...doesn't that safari thing seem a loooong time ago now?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #243
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
You certainly may if you wish, but you would rapidly lose much of your distinguishing conversational and logical characteristics. I like being able to recognize you by your voice, and speaking from a strictly selfish perspective, I hope you do not act on this dumb idea.
No worries, I almost certainly wont.

However, I think the threat to do so highlighted the original problem in how Classicman was going about this - which was of course my aim.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #244
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

So you do have a problem with me - OK.
Because I am distrustful of people from PD who have repeatedly proven and admitted themselves to be trolls. Well gee, now you want to come over here and play the whole good cop thing - and then tell me I'm being unreasonable for being suspicious? FAIL.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #245
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
Your fellow forum dwellers seem to disagree. Apparently I have a magical trolling technique where I can troll by not trolling. Very Taoist. After all, if I'm that good without even realizing it, what would happen if really concentrated?
Ok, so what is your intention in even attempting to drag this issue out through repeated discussion? Why would you go back to PD and make the comments that you have been quoted as making? Why are you still posting on both places about this?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #246
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Well now what will they point to as justification?

Will there be a retraction of THIS misinformation over at Happy Acres?
Its only misinformation if its deliberately spread, and since I certainly didn't know this was what happened, I doubt that is the case.

Either way, I have passed on a public message, in the thread to Nigel, to tell her what Undertoad said.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #247
DanaC

Guys (merc. classic) ...maybe we should just let this all settle back down again? We're kind of going in circles no?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #248
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Perhaps Dana, but again some asshole from PD came over here and started shit AGAIN. We did not seek it out.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #249
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Guys (merc. classic) ...maybe we should just let this all settle back down again? We're kind of going in circles no?
Yea. I am really bored with it all. I was just wondering what really motivated this one person to be the spokesperson defending what most of us agree was nothing more than admitted trolling behavior by people from their forum.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #250
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
Its only misinformation if its deliberately spread, and since I certainly didn't know this was what happened, I doubt that is the case.

Either way, I have passed on a public message, in the thread to Nigel, to tell her what Undertoad said.
I'm saying, you tell classic to rectify his post...rectify the misinfo you have going on over there. That's fair, is it not?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #251
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Cain, Kovalev, Karpov, Kahlua ... whatever your name is today....

I copied the posts as I saw them. That site is difficult to follow. Too many immature animated gifs and bullshit clutter. Not to mentions the way quotes come out. That being said, If you would like to repost that particular quote in its entirety - do so. If I was incorrect, I'll apologize.

However, as I said previously, I am skeptical of the intentions of anyone from PD.
You are self admitted trolls.
Best thing would be to simply go away. Now I am done feeding you - ktxbai.
Its Cain on PD, Kaliayev here. Its not hard, you can just cut and paste the names.

You can turn all the graphics off, if they bug you that much. However, since so many people seem to be able to navigate them without problem, that you do seem to get confused seems to confirm the misunderstanding hypothesis.

The correct post is as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
I haven't gone over to The Cellar again today.

I'm still kinda pissed I went over there expressly to be a peacemaker, and had people go out of their way to doubt my motives or aims with nothing but their own suspicions as evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel
Those people are stupid. And, as a friend (who is renowned in other circles for her reasonableness and peacekeeping) says, "Some of the most horrible people I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. I hate them, and I don't hate anyone".
And I didn't respond.

Please explain how me talking things over in a calm and considered fashion can be considered trolling? I am honestly fascinated by this concept. I mean sure, in theory it is possible, but if anything, you're trolling yourself with your suspicions about me, when I am only acting in an open and non-hostile manner. Could I have some fiendishly clever plan to subvert the site? Possibly. But since you cannot seem to find any evidence for it, except to continually call me a troll, I can only assume you haven't found one.

I'd tell you because that's because there such a plan, but then we'd run into the wall of your circular logic again.

Sometimes Classicman, a cigar really is just a cigar.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #252
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Yea. I am really bored with it all. I was just wondering what really motivated this one person to be the spokesperson defending what most of us agree was nothing more than admitted trolling behavior by people from their forum.
Y'know Merc, I think it was a genuine attempt at diplomacy from one of their board 'elders' (for want of a better word). Whether or not it worked, whether or not it was well-received and whether or not he read us right, I think it was well-meant. We have (not without reason) gone a little tribal on him. So ...kind of provoked a less diplomatic tone at times. But seriously, I think he was just trying to make peace/get things on an even keel and also (possibly) defend his friends. That's a fair enough thing to do isn't it?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #253
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time taking any of this really seriously.

I'll work on my "tone" so as not to offend...I must learn to pre-think my "tone." I hear that a lot.

It is kinda silly, yeah. But a lot of people seem to be getting upset by it easily.

No problems. Now I've spoken with you more, I think I have a better "feel" for how you communicate, and think our earlier problems were just crossed wires. It happens sometimes. I'm cool if you are.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #254
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
So...if a troll falls in the woods and there's noone there tohear it, does it make a sound?
Well, its a trick question, because woods are never really empty. Plus, its vibrations and stuff in the air...
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #255
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Fair enough kali. No apology necessary. I was perhaps a little irritable by that point in proceedings :P
Cool, no worries then.