The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #226
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Classicman, I never said

Quote:
Those people are stupid. And, as a friend (who is renowned in other circles for her reasonableness and peacekeeping) says, "Some of the most horrible people I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. I hate them, and I don't hate anyone".
So rectify your post.

If you had bothered to read the thread in question properly, you would see that Tiki AKA Nigel said that in response to my annoyance at my attempts at explaining things being met with attack by certain people.

I'm going to be charitable, and assume this was a mistake. However, keep on misrepresenting me or attempting to cast doubt on my motives, and that will change.
Kaliayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #227
Flint
Snowflake

ooooooooo :::makes scaredy hands:::
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #228
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Dorset? Another southern girl's blouse then :P
Actually, I was born in Australia. And spent several years studying in Scotland. So I'm from further south and north than you.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #229
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
and what search parameters did you use? 'goading' or....??( eta: oh, i see, you just went back and read all of my posts for the last 4 or 5 months and came to that conclusion......? really, did you?)

i'm just saying, cain....tiki/nigel recreates reality a lot. and rewrites history. I never picked on tiki in anything other than a friendly way until she insisted that i was being a jerk to her. (even after she flipped her fucking lid because i 'flounced' from PD) I'm sorry to belabor this point, but i won't let her lies stand. not about me, anyway. dana remembers is accurately at least.
I had a flick through them. Nothing deep and exhaustive, but a couple of illuminating reads.

That's nice. I didn't just rely on her testimony before coming to my conclusion.

Anyway, its not really my place or choice to come here and defend other people. Nigel seems to want it dropped and going by your most recent posts on PD, so do you. So hopefully, this will be the last that either of us speaks of it, right?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #230
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Thanks for the answer, K. I appreciate it. Yes, I do doubt a lot of this game, and have mostly stayed out of it...but I'm sure you can appreciate that a suspicious person might want some answers as to who is really who (or whom...whatever.) The validity of this entire conversation hinges on the answer to that.
I can appreciate the question might need to be asked, but your tone was not exactly well thought out. Remember, I haven't initiated a single fight or problem over here. I have done nothing apart from occasionally give my view on current events or talk about what I'm reading. I haven't acted in a hostile way, and treating someone in such a manner will only help create hostility where there doesn't need to be any.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #231
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Cain, Kovalev, Karpov, Kahlua ... whatever your name is today....

I copied the posts as I saw them. That site is difficult to follow. Too many immature animated gifs and bullshit clutter. Not to mentions the way quotes come out. That being said, If you would like to repost that particular quote in its entirety - do so. If I was incorrect, I'll apologize.

However, as I said previously, I am skeptical of the intentions of anyone from PD.
You are self admitted trolls.
Best thing would be to simply go away. Now I am done feeding you - ktxbai.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #232
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Please make no mistake. I was not making any demand of you. You are insignifiant. You may do as you please. This place will police itself, whether you like it or not.
Your fellow forum dwellers seem to disagree. Apparently I have a magical trolling technique where I can troll by not trolling. Very Taoist. After all, if I'm that good without even realizing it, what would happen if really concentrated?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #233
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
cain, when you re-read that post that merc quoted.....do you feel embarrassed?

I mean, really.
Yes. On yours and his behalf. I mean, do you really believe these poor attempts at baiting me are going to work?

If you want to get a reaction, please try harder.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #234
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
10 pages and not one discussion of roasting Irish babies?

I wouldn't trust any IP address from any of the PD folks, they use anonymizers as a matter of course. It's in the playbook.
Its very easy to tell the difference between a proxy and real IP. No hostname, suspicious locations (China, Taiwan) or a tor-node appearing in the hostname if there is one. Or the IP resolves to a cgi proxy site.

I'm not so savvy as to know how to hack Sky's pay for wireless internet. I wish I was, it'd certainly be cheaper.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #235
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
I can appreciate the question might need to be asked, but your tone was not exactly well thought out. Remember, I haven't initiated a single fight or problem over here. I have done nothing apart from occasionally give my view on current events or talk about what I'm reading. I haven't acted in a hostile way, and treating someone in such a manner will only help create hostility where there doesn't need to be any.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time taking any of this really seriously.

I'll work on my "tone" so as not to offend...I must learn to pre-think my "tone." I hear that a lot.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #236
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
If you read all the posts from the folks that wander over here from that punkboard you'll see that they can't open there mouth without shit spewing everywhere.
And you don't ever have to wonder what they're up to. One or two of their "friends" will explain it to the whole world as they pull the knife out of their back.
Kali, IMO is no different than the others. He just has a different trolling style. The smooth approach. Good cop/bad cop if you will. Very effective on people with an IQ of 30 or less.
That's very funny. If a troll trolls, and no-one notices the trolling, then is it really a troll?

You seem to have issues with PD. Would you like to talk about it? I'd like to know what I have done to offend you, if anything, since I cannot recall ever really conversing with you before.

Naturally, though, I cannot be held responsible for the actions of other people.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #237
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
That's very funny. If a troll trolls, and no-one notices the trolling, then is it really a troll?
So...if a troll falls in the woods and there's noone there tohear it, does it make a sound?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #238
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I would have disagreed with you about Kali, had I not seen his incredibly selective report. He mentioned all the people who responded negatively, or with suspicion, to his attempts at diplomacy as if that characterised the Cellar. He didn't bother to mention that several people defended him and took his diplomacy as it was intended.

I'd be happy if I don't encounter any more Discordians. I don't much like discord.
Unfortunately, the context of the thread isn't exactly about Cellar dwellers we do like or get on with. No news is good news and all that.

You'll note however, I named the people who had problems with me by name. I made sure of that. I didn't go out of my way to have a go at the Cellar in its entirety, only those individuals who I had a problem with.

I assumed those interested would come over and see those I had no problem with anyway, or make up their own minds.

However I apologize if you feel slighted by this, as well as the others among you who defended me.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #239
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Fair enough kali. No apology necessary. I was perhaps a little irritable by that point in proceedings :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #240
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche View Post
And PD.

Love you guys!
Aw, thats sweet.

I might put that up in our forum news. The rap lyrics are getting tired, now...