The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #211
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm not responsible for anything that happened to Tiki.

eta: and FWIW, I think there were some issues with some things she said, but I also think she was goaded by some members. A bit of both really. I don't think she deserved to be banned though, but I guess if you piss the boss off enough it can happen.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #212
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post

eta: and FWIW, I think there were some issues with some things she said, but I also think she was goaded by some members. A bit of both really. I don't think she deserved to be banned though, but I guess if you piss the boss off enough it can happen.
I never said you were in any way responsible. I simply wished to tell you that she in fact HAD said that you had been decent, but was forced to do so at PD, as she had been banned here.

And I have no idea why she was banned, but the last thing she had posted was a request to have some poems deleted after some people shat on them.

Goaded? Yeah, I'd say so.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #213
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
The rules there state that if you disagree with Aliantha, everyone else has to kill you.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #214
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post

She doesn't appear on the list of banned users.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #215
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
Interesting. Does this mean I can pick a random member of the Cellar, take their personal likes and dislikes and then project them onto everyone who posts here? --snip
You certainly may if you wish, but you would rapidly lose much of your distinguishing conversational and logical characteristics. I like being able to recognize you by your voice, and speaking from a strictly selfish perspective, I hope you do not act on this dumb idea.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #216
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
She doesn't appear on the list of banned users.
Nor does she appear on the list of members.

What gives?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #217
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dear classicman:

Please stop referring to Tiki as psychobitch etc, etc. I find it as offensive and disgusting as it is useless and wrong, which is to say, *extremely so*.

Thank you, sir.

Yours,
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #218
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Nor does she appear on the list of members.

What gives?
Don't know, but I do know she wasn't banned in the usual manner.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #219
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Thank you xoB for the swift reply.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:34 AM   #220
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

TGRR: fair enough, I probably went overboard a little. However, I still don't get your attitude to Ali. And I still don't like the way this has spread onto a different board.

As to Cain: I was somewhat pissed off that whilst he was happy to tell your board all about the people who responded badly to his diplomacy, he never mentined the fact that some of us had responded well.

And as to there only being a couple of people over there who hate us; that's clearly not true. A cursory read through of that Arefelis thread shows that several people have reached that conclusion. Not that this bothers me particularly, as the same can be said of us.

The Us and Them attitude sprang up when 'They' came to 'Our' board and started shit storms. I really couldn't care less what happens outside this board, except where it is blatantly unfair (re: Ali).

Reading through your boards there seems to be a culture which grudgingly admires successful trolling and has pride in an ability to raise hackles (see the comments there about stuff said on googlechurch or whatever it's called). Personally, I don't think that's the case here. As someone said the clue's in the name 'discordia'. Well...the clue's in our rules, which describe us as a 'friendly coffee shop without the shop and without any coffee' (used to be our tagline).

This is or was a slowpaced little coffee bar where people gather to chat and put the world to rights. Occasionally we fight amongst ourselves. Occasionally someone comes in and provokes a 'team' like response.

I'd respectfully suggest that what we absolutely don't want, or need, is 'discord'.

As for Tiki: maybe she's been going through a bad time or something; but she was completely off the wall with Lj. It got ridiculous and disruptive. All history now and I wish her well. But start firing shots at 'Us' and it does tend to get unpleasant. As it should. In fact it should have got more unpleasant a damn sight sooner imo. We are a community. In some ways we are a gang (or a collection of sub-gangs :P) I'm happy with that and hope it continues to be the case. No, we are not unwelcoming of newcomers. But nor are we obliged to be nice. This is our tree house: we want it how we want it and it's up to newcomers to either add to that in their unique ways and be welcomed; or cause rifts and fall-outs in whch case the welcome may cease.

I'd be very surprised if Tiki has actually been banned. Most people who get banned from this site have been so on their own request. In the entire time I've been here I've only known two people get banned without their requesting it and one was unbanned within a few hours.

[eta] @ BigV. Perhaps Lj's friends find it offensive when Tiki keeps referring to Lj as a 'histrionic little cunt' I know I do. But then I find that word offensive when used in anger.

Last edited by DanaC; 06-12-2009 at 04:51 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #221
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

One more point and then I am done with this stupid situation:

Lj tried to offer an olive branch to Tiki. he tried to be diplomatic and shoulder his part of the blame in the argument. As seemed typical of Tiki's time here, when presented with a choice of either a positive or a negative reading of someone's words, she decided to read that as him being forced to 'admit he overreacted' (quote from PD). When someone says they overreacted that's a cue that they are looking for peace. Not for Tiki though: she smelled 'victory' and went in for the kill. She threw that olive branch right back in his face and upped her game. Lj pulled back at that point and tried to stop interacting with her. Until she started launching attacks on his wife. It was at this point that Lj started to get nasty with her, as opposed to his usual slightly abrasive humour. You should get that V. Guys defend their gals, right? Only after that did he start goading her and following her around. Because (and again I think you probably get this) he was angry. Angrier than I have seen him in a very long time.

All this could have been avoided had Tiki taken the olive branch that was offered. But as I say: when presented with a positive or negative reading of someone's words, she would typically take a negative one. Just like she did with Toad. Just like she did with me. Just like she did with a lot of people. Doesn't make her a bad person. Does make it awfully difficult to interact with her.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #222
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGRR View Post
That's what she said at PD, just now. Apparently, she CAN'T say it here, because she's been banned from posting.

For some reason.
She wound up in Email Confirmation mode. This means she changed her email address and didn't respond to the required email check. I asked all moderators and none of them did anything.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #223
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Well now what will they point to as justification?

Will there be a retraction of THIS misinformation over at Happy Acres?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #224
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Who cares. Screw the lot of them. I welcome anyone who wants to join the fun but don't be dicks as a matter of participation in some organized fashion.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #225
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots