The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #2161
glatt

lookout, I'm glad you got out of it. Jury duty is something I support, and I've done it twice, but it shouldn't have a life altering impact on the jurors.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #2162
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Agreed. And on that note, I find it really hard to believe that any court case really needs to take four weeks, let alone the many many months some of them drag on for.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #2163
lookout123
changed his status to single

I've been dismissed and can talk about the case now. I won't mention the scumbag's name although legally I can. A middle age douchebag who has 48 counts (over nearly two years) of sexual contact with minors including intercourse with his biological daughter and videotaping the whole damn thing has decided to represent himself. He isn't denying that he did his daughter or her friends or that he taped it... he is arguing there is nothing wrong with what was done. He produced a list of expected witnesses three pages long. Due to the number of witnesses, the douchebag is expected to need at least 3 weeks while the prosecution plans to stand up and say "Mr Douchebag stuck his disgusting little wanker inside his own daughter and her underage friends and videotaped it." Case closed.

Shoot the fucker in the back of the head and leave his nasty corpse to rot on the front steps of the courthouse as a lesson to other shitbirds who are thinking about diddling their daughters.

That is why it is scheduled to be a four week trial.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #2164
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
The judge continued the questioning right up until the point that I said I thought it was a travesty that I would be forced to sit in a courtroom for four weeks watching my business fall apart before I could say "Guilty".
Nicely played. Next time just register Libertarian. I've never been called, although I'm tempted to change registration now that I have the summer off and wouldn't mind serving.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #2165
lookout123

I'm registered as independent. They say it is random, but I know it isn't. /adjusting tinfoil cap/ I get picked "randomly" every 19-24 months. After you serve you have and 18 month safety window.

I know people who have lived here for twenty years and have never received a summons. I also know people who've received them and thrown them away with no ill effect.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #2166
Griff
still says videotape

I've never served and generally been an Ind or Lib.

Upsetting thing: Pete's step-Dad, great guy/brilliant mind but he's going all doom and gloom. He believes without reservation every environmental disaster theory and doesn't believe the next couple generations of humans have the foresight to "save" the world.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #2167
lookout123

I don't buy the end of the world doom and gloom but I'm a huge believer in cycles. I firmly believe that the US has passed the positive points for our cycle. The only real question is whether we go the route of England in staying an international power (albeit with less influence) or France who still believes they are the center of the universe and piss on anyone who disagrees.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #2168
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I've only been called once... you can report in online, and one of the standard boxes is "are you the sole daytime care provider for a child under the age of 10?" Check yes, and you are automatically out. Maybe it's not the same in Arizona, but if you pick him up right after school for soccer practice, I think it counts.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #2169
lookout123

doesn't work in arizona. she refused to dismiss a couple of single parents, even one who works hourly with no vacation and no family in town to pick up the child. she had to drop her son off at the boys and girls club to even report in.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #2170
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

The navy. It can't expect me not to be pissed when it takes my friend away. I have a revenge plan though...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #2171
lookout123

it might help you to be less upset if you try to remember that your friend chose to go away for a short time so others don't have to go away against their will via the draft. or it might not.

i've sometimes found that altering my perception of an event helps me to cope with it. the people with the white jackets say that makes me insane. I prefer to just run faster than them and consider myself flexible.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #2172
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Trying to get ready for a camping trip when Ive never camped before...ever...ever ever.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #2173
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
it might help you to be less upset if you try to remember that your friend chose to go away for a short time so others don't have to go away against their will via the draft. or it might not.
I know you're completely right, and I'm being very irrational. In some cases you just can't help yourself though.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #2174
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Trying to get ready for a camping trip when Ive never camped before...ever...ever ever.
Let us help. what sort of trip? ...how long, where, what type of camping, what type of activities....
Old 07-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #2175
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Well....its a camping ground at Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee for 5 nights. Hubby has been going to it with his family since he was a toddler. You would think that he would be more upfront with good advice but he keeps telling me not to worry about it. Ha!

We are sleeping in tents...so I did make him go get an air mattress, but Im not really sure what to pack for PJ's. Does it get cold in a tent at night? So far the forecast is calling for 90 degree weather...? Im the type of person who likes to pack for all contingencies, but there is going to be a problem with space. Also...how do you pack for eats (breakfast and lunch) when keeping food cold is a problem and we arent grilling?

Mostly we will be on a boat while others on it are skiing and tubing...(Not us - we have back problems). And...Hubby has promised me that we will separate from the pack to do some hiking once or twice.

Thats it for starters.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss