Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-08-2003, 01:26 PM   #196
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
I disagree. Cairo would be outclassed there too. Perhaps Cairo should seek someone of equal intellectual ability like a child with down syndrome.
But some of those kids are mild to borderline...60s and 70s on the IQ scale. If I remember my classifications correctly, 20-39 is severely retarded...that sounds like an MSN chat room to me.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:44 PM   #197
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Watch it with those comparisons!

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
Perhaps Cairo should seek someone of equal intellectual ability like a child with down syndrome.
HEY! My cousin happens to have down syndrome, and I beg to differ. He would have been much more polite, concise and well-organized in his discussion, although he, too, would not have known what he was talking about. This would have been a major improvement over the level of discourse we saw on this thread.

Also, since he cannot type (nor spell, nor even READ, for that matter), we would have been spared the lengthy FLAMES and seething vitriol to which we were unhappily subjected. I am pleased that the Cairos have decided that this is the impoper forum for their 'educational' rants, and hope they can find a more suitable home elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:43 PM   #198
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Is it just my perceptions, or does Cairo have the most overdeveloped sense of intellectual snobbery on the entire Internet? Or is it just the most overdeveloped and freely given sense of intellectual snobbery here in The Cellar? Reminds me of half of the MENSA people I've ever met.

Anyway, now that I've seen that I'm not going to be worthy enough to talk to Cairo, I know what I must do to improve both myself and my life...<the sound of scratching of the head and a lot of mouse clicks is heard>...Hmmm. Now, how exactly do I put someone in the 'ignore' file, anyway? I'm not smart enough to figure that out. Must be that shallow gene pool I crawled out of...whoops, 'scuse me. I mean 'that shallow gene pool out of which I crawled.'

And I thought trolls only lived under bridges. Sheesh.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #199
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
And I thought trolls only lived under bridges. Sheesh.
There are MANY bridges on the information superhighway.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:00 PM   #200
Elspode

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

There are MANY bridges on the information superhighway.
The tricky part is playing the part of one of the goats...
Old 01-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #201
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Lmao. Love your new user title Ep.

Do you have any firearms? You cant be a true hillbilly without at least one. (22 cal doesnt count)

Last edited by slang; 01-08-2003 at 11:18 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:22 PM   #202
Elspode

(Elspode looks at the ground, scuffs his toe and sniffles)

I only have an old Marlin .22 rifle from KMart now. I used to have a really bitchin' vintage Savage 410 bolt action shotgun, but I traded it off a long, long time ago...I won't say what for, 'cause its embarassing. Also swapped my .22 auto pistol a long time back.

I've always had so many friends with guns that I never really bothered to own many, and as I've gotten older, I 've chosen to buy tons of expensive musical instruments instead. I miss shooting, though...used to do it a lot.

Do I have to get my teeth fixed and sell Ol' Bessie now?
Old 01-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #203
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:

Do I have to get my teeth fixed and sell Ol' Bessie now?
Only if one of your instruments isnt an old moonshine jug
Old 01-09-2003, 12:05 AM   #204
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think a broomstick and warshtub bass should qualify as well ... but of course I merely aspire to being rural.

(is there anyway I can be rural without bib-alls? I am willing to go the gingham dress route ...)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:19 AM   #205
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
(is there anyway I can be rural without bib-alls? I am willing to go the gingham dress route ...)
I've heard some claim the only requirements are barefoot and pregnant... of course my wife is the primary income here so what would I know? I'm just a bib-overall wearin' mando-picker.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:14 AM   #206
Elspode

Quote:
Originally posted by slang

Only if one of your instruments isnt an old moonshine jug
Well, no...but give me a week or so, and I'm pretty sure I can synthesize a jug, washboard and/or washtub bass on one of my synths.

I *can* be a high-tech hillbilly can't I? Oh...wait...nevermind. My favorite synth is 25 years old...guess that doesn't qualify as high-tech.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:21 AM   #207
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairo
Oh, and Mr. blowmee has a severe comprehension disorder...must be contagious judging from others here who suffer from it as well. Don't drink the water.
I'm glad someone finally put me in my place. I was on a never ending spiral into crap-laden diatribes over something that I know absolutely nothing about. ...wait, wait, wait. I'm sounding like Cairo now.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:27 AM   #208
Elspode

There's a mass suicide planned for this afternoon for all of those who have realized that we are not worthy to lick Cairo's calculus book...
Old 01-09-2003, 08:31 AM   #209
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Quote:
Originally posted by blowmeetheclown
I'm glad someone finally put me in my place. I was on a never ending spiral into crap-laden diatribes over something that I know absolutely nothing about. ...wait, wait, wait. I'm sounding like Cairo now.
No you're not, because you are expressing self-awareness and remorse for annoying others and admitting that you don't know what you're talking about. The non-arrogance trifecta! Cairo is not capable of achieving that.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:36 AM   #210
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
There's a mass suicide planned for this afternoon for all of those who have realized that we are not worthy to lick Cairo's calculus book...
will it involve kool-aid? if so, count me in.

~james
perth is offline   Reply With Quote