The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #196
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

maybe they want to bite the judge in the ass one tooth at a time....
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #197
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Did he promise to tell the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth?

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #198
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Did he promise to tell the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth?
FTW!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #199
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There is this doctor who has been with us for about a year. He's young. He's a resident. He's hungry. And so he moonlights.

Like many psychiatric residents, he's foreign.

Pakistani Muslim.

He apologized during Ramadan for being irritable because he had not yet broken his fast, so I know he's observant. We also have a Pakistani Muslim apostate.

But anyway.

Pakistani Muslim doc was engaging in some conversation with the ambulance and crisis staff. He was asking the ambulance guys whether they were married, one of the fellows said no, and asked if the doc knew any rich doctors.

Later, the doctor and I were talking, and he said, "So, this Ambulanceboi, he is not married?"

"No," I said carefully, "but I think he is in a long term relationship."

He asked a few other questions that I deftly avoided answering.

Why was I so circumspect?

Because Ambulanceboi is as gay as a three-dollar bill, and I didn't think I should be the one to out him to the Muslim.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #200
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

"There are no gay Muslims,"

I think that's the company line...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #201
wolf
lobber of scimitars

nut: This phone isn't working!! I need to call 911 to have the police come and rescue me! I am being held prisoner!!

wolf (to ASL interpreter team): Is it inappropriate to remind her that she is deaf, the phone works just fine, and the police will not come and rescue her?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 02-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #202
monster
I hear them call the tide

hahaha. Who needs sitcoms?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #203
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
hahaha. Who needs sitcoms?
right, wolf has the proverbial cool job. like the go kart track only more intensified. we get what i like to call 85's there all the time. aka...slow people. but the shit wolf puts up with? lmao....honey you got my vote in any category!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #204
wolf
lobber of scimitars

nut: For my wellness recovery action plan, I need to have my medications, my therapy, and a cigarette.

wolf: The doctor has put your medication orders in the computer, you'll see your therapist tomorrow, and you are here because you set yourself on fire. You can't smoke.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #205
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Tell Doc to add a diuretic to the medication orders so if the patient sets [him]self on fire again he can put [him]self out.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #206
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

wolf, was going to start this in it's own thread but thought perhaps it should go here because the "patient" was right up your alley back in december. the end result is not good.

a friend and ex-coworker at the tracks' life long friend killed himself a few days ago. in fact said coworker was up at work with dr. froth and i when he got the phone call that they'd found him. only then we didn't know how he killed himself. i knew the guy as well. ok, met him a few times but that still counts. seemed like a decent person. so ex-coworker was talking about how "john doe", i will call him, tried to commit suicide just before xmas by hanging himself. he was committed to do this mind you. his brother just happened to show up and save him. dude was hanging and purple. he'd taken pills and was almost to the afterlife. well, they committed him to the psychiatric ward and a few weeks later let him out. i guess he told them what they wanted to hear and did the things they wanted him to do (wolf can you help me understand this?) and his depression continued. so the other day john's family is calling ex-coworker telling him they cannot find him. he'd left his house, lights on, tv on, keys home, phone left behind too. tonight while closing up the track dr. froth told me what happened. dude jumped in front of a train of all things in the woodlands which is a suburb in north houston. i feel horrible for the family of john and ex-coworker. hell they'd been friends for 30 years. some of you may remember my rant about 6 years ago when a great friend and pilot committed suicide. i know what ex-coworker is going through. he's pretty stout and can handle this. (it's really deeper than what i'm letting onto here from a separate incident that happened back in december don't know much about it except someone else had said "see ya" as well) i've been very depressed before, like last november for example but i could never do that. step in front of a train? wow. i dunno. that's pretty heavy. like i said he was an acquaintance so it doesn't hit me as hard as a good friend would. just makes me say "damn".
Old 02-14-2011, 02:15 AM   #207
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

as an afterthought on my previous post i'm wondering wolf....how can you tell or can you tell the difference from someone who is calling out for help and someone who is serious? when my great friend mike committed suicide i had no idea he was serious. hm. got caught up in rereading that thread. anyway....thoughts wolf?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #208
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Sorry not to have responded to this sooner ... often people with real suicidal intent don't "look" suicidal. They are calm, they are even sometimes happy. They have what they see as the solution to all of their problems. I have worked with a lot of genuinely suicidal people and a bunch more who know that they have to say the right things to get hospitalized, including the crack-a-cidal, the heroin-a-cidal, the jail-a-cidal, and the homless-sidal. We usually don't hear from the ones who complete suicide.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #209
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Best Dispatch Call EVER.

Okay, maybe not "ever," but at least tonight.

I was in the back room (ambulance hangout) using the nuke-o-matic and heard a call being dispatched on the scanner.

DISPATCHER: See the woman, 123 Juniper, report of demons in the basement.

COP: repeat. (this is cop for WTF did you just say? You can't have actually said "demons in the basement.")

DISPATCHER: See the woman, 123 Juniper, report of demons in the basement.

COP: Demons?

DISPATCHER: Yes, demons. She is afraid of the demons in the basement and will meet you on her front porch.

COP: I'll take my garlic and silver bullets.

Now, of course, garlic and silver bullets won't do much for demons, but at least he's trying. Could be he picked the right tool for the job, woman might not have demons in the basement.

(and yes, I already thought of that. My money is on bats in the belfry)

Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #210
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Cop needs to stop right now and call in Harry Dresden.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote