The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #181
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

People with emphysema or lung cancer have no business inhaling smoke but they do.

I think Peter Jennings was a liar. He smoked so he must not have had lung cancer. I bet he died of a heroin overdose.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #182
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I had a teacher in high school who had lost a lung to cancer, and she still smoked like a chimney. Was it stupid? Sure, but so is smoking in the first place. When it comes down to it, it's like a thin person sitting down with a deep dish meat lovers' pizza, and scolding a fat person for having some. Sure, maybe the thin person has a great metabolism, and could eat three pizzas without a problem, but they just look like a jerk.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #183
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
It's like a thin person sitting down with a deep dish meat lovers' pizza, and scolding a fat person for having some.
Only if you had to pay for his pizza because the alergic reaction he gets from pepperoni prevents him from supporting himself.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #184
rkzenrage

I was not scolding, just commenting... and UT was just commenting as well.
This is a discussion board the last time I checked, or am I confused about that?
Old 05-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #185
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
Only if you had to pay for his pizza because the alergic reaction he gets from pepperoni prevents him from supporting himself.
I'll send you $0.00001 (rounded down) if that really bothers you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
I was not scolding, just commenting... and UT was just commenting as well.
This is a discussion board the last time I checked, or am I confused about that?
I wasn't really referring to you, but UT and LJ really were scolding.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #186
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Tonch your instinctive reaction is to post a long message because - oh my ghod they're attacking her and they could well be attacking me! - but you are an entirely different being, despite the fact that your circumstances have some similarities. I am kind of thinking that if you knew that smoking aggravated your condition, if you knew that it might put you back on that table and redouble your expenses, you, like, wouldn't do it.
No, my instinctive reaction is to defend my friends. I don't defend what they DO, I defend THEM, based on whether or not they are being treated fairly. Do not misunderstand, I believe YOU were correct and I said so right out front. And believe me, Mari is going to hear plenty from me about that smoking, if for no other reason that it will prevent me from ever visiting her because my lungs seize up when there is cigarette smoke around. Darn right I know better than to smoke; although my dad was a tobacco broker I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, and yet I still have permanent lung damage as a result of heavy exposure to second-hand smoke from the day I was born. My posting had nothing whatever to do with justifying my own existence or condition by justifying Mari. I was only trying to show that extraordinary problems in one's life lead to often completely different responses, that everybody has to find their own ways of dealing with it, and especially, that conditions which restrict oxygen to your brain can severely limit your ability to carry on normally. I do not think that you, UT were being "mean" to her, what I am saying is that as an Administrator, whom I admire greatly, I believe it was inappropriate to single out another member for attack by your own initative. I have caught myself doing that before on my other forum and regretted it, it's rather like if the Alpha Dog takes the first bite it psychologically justifies the slaughter that follows so the frenzy is even greater in the pack. It didn't "feel right", no matter what the justification, you are too noble to let yourself be dragged in to something like this.

To LJ: That was no diatribe, my dear. To write a diatribe you have to be freshly angry and my ability to sit down and react to every post I see is greatly limited. It allows me to think about what I say, an indulgence which you seem to rarely have. I wasn't with you right out of the gate because it took me more than a week to even FIND this thread since it was in a forum which I did not know had been created. The computer time I can put in has to be dedicated primarily to my work at another website, where they are counting on me to be there even if I am only able to stand and page through all the hundreds of posts per day until my 2am shift is over. When it takes 2 days of standing/walking/sitting to get what you feel onto a page, it allows you to net it out and say what needs to be said. I NEED to defend somebody who, yes, I believe does not have a mean bone in their body. How and why I believe that is based on my personal knowledge and experience with her, just like my personal experience with you has convinced me that you play with your dick too much. I did not insult or attack anybody by giving my opinion, did you believe yours was the only opinion allowed? You believe you are justified in attacking Mari on the fine points, and why shouldn't you? That is totally your right. If somebody can't post consistent statements, they have left themselves open to being both corrected and rejected. I knew before the first remark you ever made to me here that unless you thought I was a 5' 8" nympho with a 40" bustline and blond hair past my waist, you were also going to treat me like shit. That doesn't worry me in the least. You are what you are, and The Cellar would not be nearly as interesting if we did not have all kinds. I cock you very much, and have a nice dick.

To Beestie: Thank you for your kind words, that was appreciated. I'll post a photo of the gunk they took out of me, it is gross enough to enchant little kids and CSI fans. The operation took 12 hours because they pack you in ice first to lower your body temp to about 60 before taking your heart and lungs offline and draining all the blood out of your arteries. Afterwards, they have to jump start you again and thaw you out and keep you in a coma for 24 hours to be sure the hypertension is dropping and you don't develop pneumonia. The procedure is called a Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy and I was only the 1,910th person in the world it has been performed on. UCSD gave me a T-shirt which says that. It's a fascinating operation, I wish I could have stayed up to watch, like I did for the two heart caths they performed before it.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #187
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
what I am saying is that as an Administrator, whom I admire greatly, I believe it was inappropriate to single out another member for attack by your own initative.
Yeah, I'm the one user who's never supposed to do that, because I'm the one who bought the place, built the place, and does all the work on it.

Can I do it under another user name?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #188
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yes. i reccomend you register "Cockloggerman"
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #189
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Old 05-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #190
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

TWICE
Old 05-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #191
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Yeah, I'm the one user who's never supposed to do that, because I'm the one who bought the place, built the place, and does all the work on it.

Can I do it under another user name?
At risk of stating the obvious, J R "Bob" Dobbs?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #192
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
snip~
That said, you have another hat.
As an active member of the board you make posts. Those posts reflect your views, opinions, experience, knowledge and biases, just like every other poster.

It's a shame that a lot of people (not TW)can't recognize which hat you're wearing and defer to your admin position, rather than debate. It puts you in a position (with some people)where you're not always right, but never wrong. That sucks, because it's no fun for you and with all you put into this board you deserve to have fun here.
I repeat again,....and again,....and again.....
Old 05-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #193
Jacquelita
Don't pop a vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
Jacquelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #194
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I just thought I'd add that I have nothing to add to this thread.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #195
rkzenrage

Well added, I would like to add.