The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 02-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #181
fomentor
Vivacious Vivisectionist

i cant speak for everyone at pd but i think there are "no hard feelings"
tiki and i felt welcomed over here and we offer help/suggestions for your safari because we think we have found like minded individuals an we are impressed with your taking the idea and running with it.

what you do with it is entirely up to you, if our "help" came off as "your doing it wrong" sorry.

the point for us on our trips is to have fun and be creative
we have "done it wrong" a few times ourselves and in my opinion having fun and being creative is a better outcome....

loving day two so far..
fomenter aka sir john
fomentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #182
Tiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It was the chat thing that pissed me off. coming in there and telling us how it should be, fuck right off. And Tiki, FWIW you're busy doing exactly what you're preaching about - like the COMMUNITY thing -a joke, hon. A poor one maybe, but like you said if it seems out of context.....

and Roger just needs to get over himself. you all act like he's a god or a lumberjim or something

However, believe it or not, I'm not all about peeing on anyone's parade, so hope that my crapness at being unable to ignore the natives is overcome already.
I'm a member here now. I'm here as a member. I'm not here as an emissary anymore. When you GO to a FOREIGN community, respecting the natives is how you avoid turning it into a clusterfuck. Just giving you some pointers on where it went wrong the first time. It seems to be well under control now. You want to troll, troll. I'm just making observations on how trolling differs from a safari, and what the PD spags learned about making safaris work.

Roger is my friend. I mean, my for-real, man-has-my-back, fucking calls to make sure I'm OK when I'm having hard times friend. You don't like him? I could give a crap. As far as I'm concerned, the man is solid gold. Do I act like he's a god? A Mexica Rain God, perhaps? :lulz:

Your jokes do not ping my funnay.

Here's a tip; if you don't like the native culture at PD.com, DON'T GO THERE. I mean, that's a no-brainer.

Last edited by Tiki; 02-04-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #183
Tiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Lot's of jokes aren't that funny to some people.... getting all rabid crazy pissed off by something that's obviously meant to be humorous is funny... in a we're-laughing-at-you-not-with-you kind of way. That's what happened there...

Giving yourselves style point for how you visit another site en mass, and telling other people ur doin it rong.... also funny.

Stomping around our chat room like drunken assholes... funny the first time.
Rabid crazy pissed-off? where did you see that? You want rabid crazy pissed-off, you'll have to look in some other threads. Nobody was more than bored and/or mildly irritated in that thread.

As for whether ur doing it rong... depends on whether, as the first post in this thread says, you were actually basing your return visit on our safari model. If you were just trolling, you were TOTALLY doing it right. Well, two or three of you were. The rest were doing the Safari right, which is what they are continuing to do now, without the outright trolling.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #184
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I'm a member here now. I'm here as a member. I'm not here as an emissary anymore. When you GO to a FOREIGN community, respecting the natives is how you avoid turning it into a clusterfuck. Just giving you some pointers on where it went wrong the first time. It seems to be well under control now. You want to troll, troll. I'm just making observations on how trolling differs from a safari, and what the PD spags learned about making safaris work.

Roger is my friend. I mean, my for-real, man-has-my-back, fucking calls to make sure I'm OK when I'm having hard times friend. You don't like him? I could give a crap. As far as I'm concerned, the man is solid gold. Do I act like he's a god? A Mexica Rain God, perhaps? :lulz:

Your jokes do not ping my funnay. You come off like some high-school twit, honestly.

Here's a tip; if you don't like the native culture at PD.com, DON'T GO THERE. I mean, that's a no-brainer.

that joke was here, that's the point. yet you got all bent out of shape.

here's a tip for you: = j/k. If you need that spelling out, you really should just go back to where you came from. I don't give two hoots about roger -you could be buttfucking him in the mouth for all I care... I was noting a similarity in the two communities in a subtle and joking manner. One that has been the topic of much discussion here. it was not a personal attack, it ain't all about you, honey.

HS-twit? ow my feelings. Go boil your bottom. :p
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #185
Tiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
that joke was here, that's the point. yet you got all bent out of shape.

here's a tip for you: = j/k. If you need that spelling out, you really should just go back to where you came from. I don't give two hoots about roger -you could be buttfucking him in the mouth for all I care... I was noting a similarity in the two communities in a subtle and joking manner. One that has been the topic of much discussion here. it was not a personal attack, it ain't all about you, honey.

HS-twit? ow my feelings. Go boil your bottom. :p
Hey honey, I'm not bent out of shape. This is my business-casual look.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #186
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Ok I rofl'd
Old 02-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #187
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

lol!!!
That one's a keeper.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #188
kerosene
Touring the facilities

They never define business casual very well in the manual. I usually take it to mean flip-flops and jeans are okay.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #189
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I remember the first time I saw that on a travel schedule.
I asked my boss and he asid, "Pretty much what you wear to the office!"
I was still the most dressed down person there... then again, we did have a pretty casual office.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #190
Pie
Gone and done

I liked it better when I had company logo-wear. A polo shirt with the company logo and khakis were the usual dress code. Only thought in the mornings was black? grey? white? blue? Which is cleaner?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #191
Nirvana
Back in 10

I need to post a photo to link
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #192
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Nirvana stole my haircut.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #193
Nirvana
Back in 10

Oh well you can have it back after the mission!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #194
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I have been lurking over there some today, and those people are sick and twisted, and I like it . I may be forced to stay there for awhile.
When does the mission start I can't wait to go and mix with the locals.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #195
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

last night - well sorta