The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #1861
Cloud

Sure. But usually I have my hand on the mouse when I use that little pop up menu, so to underline, I either have to take my hand off the mouse, or go to the home ribbon thingy, and do a couple of more clicks.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #1862
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Ohh, I just use my left hand and leave my right on the mouse.

<that could be misread> Haggis!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #1863
monster
I hear them call the tide

me. I am mildly irritating you all today.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #1864
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I'm in a pissy mood and its really pissing me off.
Wait do we have a thread for that?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #1865
monster
I hear them call the tide

We need one. I;'m pretty sure we have a slew of them actually
Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #1866
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Isn't this one?

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #1867
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
MS Word, who has put Bold and Italics on their little quick access pop up menu, but not Underline. They want to phase out Underline.

But that's just dumb.
Whoa, what? That's screwed up. It's still the publishing standard for manuscripts that authors only use underline when the final printed product will actually contain italics. On the other hand, I think the whole new MS Word tabbed layout is retarded, and I am stubbornly clinging to Office 2002 in defiance.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #1868
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

My new telephone service went live today. In the welcome pack they gave me all kinds of details about my phone service, including a list of all the extras I ordered. call-package I am on etc etc. No mention of the broadband I also ordered. Now...I realise the broadband will take longer, but I am a little concerned that it isn;t mentioned at all. So, I decided to ring the customer help line.

Fucking stupid of me to ring on a friday evening I know, but I gave it a shot. I went through the menu options and then was placed in a queue. I got a message: "We apologise for the delay in answering your call. Your call is in a queue and will be answered shortly" then a click then a brief refrain of pop music. Then a click then " We apologise for the delay in answering your call. Your call is in a queue and will be answered shortly" then a repeat of the same pop refrain.

After half an hour that exact same four second burst of pop was really starting to grate. But by now, with the click-message-pop every minute or so, making it seem like I am somehow moving up a queue, it wuold have been a waste of the 30 mins I had already spent waiting if I gave up.

After 45 minutes it really would have been a waste of a significant amount of time and by now I really wanted to express to the advisor my dismay; and offer two suggestions: first - have a message that gives an estimate of how long it will take for my call to be answered, or advises me to call back later if it's going to be longer than 30 minutes (it can be done: BT does exactly that), second - if the action of clicking through the message resets the pop burst it'd be less annoying to have no music, or live radio (again it can be done, I know it can I've heard it done).

60 minutes I am seriously thinking fuck this, i am giving up. But then I would have wasted an hour.....and having been queued for an hour, surely I must be near the end of the queue...I could be seconds away from being answered. Every so often there's a slight delay and silence between clicks and messages, just enough that you think you might actually be about to hear a real voice.

I finally gave up after 70 minutes.

I did try, whilst holding listening to the same three or four second snatch of music opver and over and fucking over again, to access the online account option: but when I tried to register, it told me my details didn;t match the details they had on file. "please check your details are correct"

YES THEY FUCKING ARE CORRECT! THEY@RE ON THE FRIGGING PACK YOU JUST SENT ME> IT'S MY NAME< POSTCODE AND EMAIL> I KNOW ITS FUCKING CORRECT.

*Goes very red in the face and steam starts shooting from ears*

I just wasted half my fucking Friday night. If they'd said "We estimate your call will be answered in One hour" or "We are experiencing high volumes of calls, and recommend that you try again later" I would have waited and done it later or tomorrow.

ARRRRGGGH!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #1869
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I just got pulled for driving expired registration (as of Aug. 31). The officer said he couldn't give me a warning because they were on some kind of state grant to increase enforcement of traffic fines, but he'd be happy to withdraw the citation if I do the renewal quickly and bring it to court. Bleah.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #1870
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

do it online.

https://www.dot3.state.pa.us/vehicle...90904234126899

someone remind me to check jinx's inspection in the morning......i have a bad feeling that it might be up ......
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #1871
Griff
still says videotape

check dat
Old 09-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #1872
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

You are still required safety inspection in your state?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #1873
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes, safety and emissions... two windshield stickers.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #1874
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Damn... we haven't had those since 1996.

But the cops have a right to write citations if they deem your vehicle "unsafe".
Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #1875
Griff
still says videotape

Emissions isn't state-wide though.

Tags
mild cheddar