The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #166
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
not secret as much as factoidal:
By the time I was 30 I had moved over 40 times. Since then, I've moved 12 more times.
I've heard it's a rough life living on the lam.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #167
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Yaa-aaa-aaaaah, it is.

And if he'd stay away from the lambs he wouldn't have to move so much [/groucho impression]

Last edited by infinite monkey; 04-04-2011 at 03:55 PM.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #168
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
"I don't know but I've been told it's hard to run with the weight of gold.
On the other hand, I've heard it said it's just as hard with the weight of lead...

One way or another this darkness has got to give."

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Yaa-aaa-aaaaah, it is.

And if he'd stay away from the lambs he wouldn't have to move so much [/groucho impression]

It would seem I am knowledgeable, if not expert

Farmer Wilson walks over to Farmer Jones' place and says
"Jones, I got me a problem and I gotta to go to court - I need a lawyer, do you know any?" Farmer Jones replies, "yeah, I know a couple of those guys. One is a hell of a trial lawyer, great guy but expensive as hell; the other, not so great, but the guy sure knows how to pick a jury and he's a lot cheaper." Wilson thanks his buddy and moves on thinking to himself, well I don't have a lot of money so I guess I know what I have to do.

Wilson's day in court finally comes and the first witness called to the stand is his neighbor Mrs. Smith. Mrs. Smith is sworn in and the prosecuter asks her, "Mrs. Smith, would you please tell the court what you saw on the day in question. "Why yes I can", she says, "I was doing my dishes, looking out my window over the sink when I saw Farmer Wilson come out from behind his barn and grab one of his goats". Yes mam, and then what did you see? "Well after he grabbed that goat he proceeded to drop his pants and fornicate with that there goat!" Is that all mam? "Well no, after it seemed like he had his way with that goat, the goat turned around and proceeded to lick him clean!"

It was at this point of the testimony that one man on the jury turns to another man on the jury and says "you know, a good goat will do that"..

Last edited by footfootfoot; 04-04-2011 at 07:17 PM.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #169
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I am annoyed.

Hello.. my ass.
and your anon ass should be in the dweller nsfw thread. imo. don't like it? dial the freakin number i had in my sig. line before i was grounded by the FAA.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #170
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

sorry wrong boobs

Last edited by skysidhe; 04-04-2011 at 11:56 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #171
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post

I have seriously considered maternity wear also....
I'd say go for it, particularly if you locate a good shop assistant who will be able to pick out suitable pieces for you.

A good friend of mine's mother-in-law had a high-end maternity label for many years a while ago. A lot of the clothing was beautiful and I bought quite a few pieces which worked irrespective of whether a person was pregnant or not. I still have a skirt and a coat which gets compliments often, so obviously no-one notices and I have never been asked ever if I'm pregnant.

I'll see if I can find a pic or two. You won't be able to tell.

Last edited by casimendocina; 04-05-2011 at 04:45 AM.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #172
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
1.) I have had recurring plantar's warts on my feet for years. Dr. Scholl's bandaids fix 'em up good though.

Brits call 'em verrucas. That's why the name is so funny in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. My pediatrician is married to a Brit, so never corrected/edumacated me, and it wasn't until one of Hebe's got so bad it needed freezing off and I had to make an appointment with the receptionist that I learned that Americans don't call them that.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #173
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh verrucas! Yeah. I have one on each foot, right in the centre of the front pad of the foot. Been there for years. Can't bear the idea of a chiropadist mauling with my feet so I use the plasters.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #174
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

So is that the deal, the salicylic acid bandaids aren't really enough to kill it and they keep coming back in the same spot until they've been professionally frozen off? I have several that rotate so I haven't really noticed if they're coming back in the exact same spots or not. It's my own damn fault for going barefoot everywhere for years on end.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #175
monster
I hear them call the tide

If it doesn't bother you, there's no need to get it frozen off, but if it's painful and won't go away, then you should. Dani, it no longer hurts like it used to when we were kids, they don't hack at them any more. A quick blast of freeze spray and they leave the dead skin to grow out in it's own time like a scab. At least that was Hebe's experience. You can even buy the freezy spray over the counter here if you're brave enough.

I got one and my doctor said adults don't usually get them because you eventually become immune, but when you have young children and take them swimming/to other places where barefoot is de rigeur, then your body gets assaulted by it and you sometimes get a relapse. I haven't had one for at least 5/6 years, now.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #176
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

I had plantar warts a few years ago. Hurt like a mother.

I never go barefoot anymore. If it's farther that the bedroom to the bathroom, I put on flip-flops at least.

Verruca? That sounds like an oddball houseplant.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #177
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Verruca? That sounds like an oddball houseplant.
Reminds me of salt
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #178
infinite monkey

I want a bean feast.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #179
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Oh verrucas! Yeah. I have one on each foot, right in the centre of the front pad of the foot. Been there for years. Can't bear the idea of a chiropadist mauling with my feet so I use the plasters.
I had one in the same spot and it finally went away after I was running on a stony beach and landed on a sharp pointy rock directly in the center of the wart. It was one of the most painful things I've ever felt. Two days later the wart just fell out and never returned. I highly recommend running barefoot on stony beaches as an effective treatment modality.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #180
infinite monkey

This thread has become almost as gross as the Period Cup thread.