Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 09-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #136
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Say what you will juju, but do not believe I misspoke, I was simply conveying my idea.
merriam-webster.com defines misspoke as:<blockquote><i> to express (oneself) imperfectly or incorrectly</i></blockquote>Even you agreed that what you actually said makes no sense and is not what you meant. Given the mind-numbing train of thought you subjected us to when trying to think through your own words, I think it's pretty safe to say you misspoke.

It's okay, though. I personally do it all the time.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #137
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by Whit
Quzah, first off you put forth this notion. Nobody except Bugz actually excepted it. Hasn't really been discussed. Sorry, if you didn't read the thread.
Yeah god forbid I actaully stick to my own theory in a single thread. Perhaps I should just change my mind with every post. I mean really, why bother thinking about any ideas over any length of time? Let's all just completely change our train of thought from post to post. That way no one will have a clue as to what the fuck is going on.

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #138
quzah

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
How do we know that vegetables don't have feelings? What about all that stuff about plants having an energy field, and responding to music, and kind words?

Maybe we should all just starve and die in moral perfection
So eat fruit. Problem solved. Gee that was tough.

Quzah.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:41 PM   #139
quzah

Quote:
Originally posted by bmgb
Is eating animals natural and right? IMO probably not, and certainly not for me personally. (Although I recently dated a guy who is allergic to beans and had to chuckle at the irony of that.)

Is it necessary? Not at all to the extent that it's done.

Do one's eating habits depend simply on the value they attribute to other lifeforms? Abso-fucking-lutely.

It is all about values. People eat meat because they like it and they value their desire for over the life of the animal. That's pretty much the conclusion that this thread came to.
Well at least some one other than myself knows what the fuck is happening in this thread.

Quzah.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #140
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Most of the animals we eat would not exist in the first place if we didn't want to eat them.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:29 PM   #141
quzah

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Most of the animals we eat would not exist in the first place if we didn't want to eat them.
So everything is better of existing than to have never been created? I'm afraid I must disagree.

Quzah.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:49 PM   #142
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah

So eat fruit. Problem solved. Gee that was tough.

Quzah.
What, fruit isn't a part of plants? What if that is the moral equivalent of just eating a little bit of the cow and letting it go on living as an amputee?

In case it isn't clear, I'm not taking this thread at all seriously. If I was, I would say something in agreement with the omnivore thing, and that soul doesn't enter into the whole thing. Humans are animals. I think we prove that every day. Animals have to eat. If animals have souls, then they go where they are supposed to and do what they should, whether we eat them, they die of old age, or end up sticking out of the grille of a Buick.

We as humans are supposed to be above animals, because we are rational beings...hah! War is rational? Mass consumption of natural resources while spewing pollution into our own environment is rational? I could go on, but why? We aren't even as smart *as* most animals when it comes to trying to live in balance with our world, and they eat each other all the time.

Therefore, since animals are smarter than I am anyway, who am I to try and behave differently? (back to not taking it seriously again).
Old 09-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #143
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
What, fruit isn't a part of plants?
Yeah...isn't eating fruit the equivalent of stealing a child?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:55 PM   #144
Elspode

Oh...and, before I forget...Quzah, thanks for the response redolent of sarcasm, and containing the obvious inference that you are intellectually and morally superior to the rest of us. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that being put in our places by you is both entertaining AND enlightening!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #145
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

OK, So let's go one more step:

Our vegan (and lesser vegetarian) friends believe it's wrong to eat meat. Perhaps one reason is because the animal in question has a soul.

Therefore, they choose to eat vegetables, fruits, legumes, and other non-meat products of the plant variety and source.

I submit to you that plants have souls too.

Now extend your argument. Is it still ok to eat plants?

Now what do you eat?

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:32 PM   #146
Elspode

This is gonna be fun!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:35 PM   #147
juju
no one of consequence

I was told by a very smart anthropologist professor that fruit co-evolved with primates as a seed-dispersal mechanism. Plants help us, we help them, and everybody's happy.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:42 PM   #148
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
merriam-webster.com defines misspoke as:<blockquote><i> to express (oneself) imperfectly or incorrectly</i></blockquote>Even you agreed that what you actually said makes no sense and is not what you meant. Given the mind-numbing train of thought you subjected us to when trying to think through your own words, I think it's pretty safe to say you misspoke.

It's okay, though. I personally do it all the time.
Thank you for the def. juju, it appears I misspoke after all

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:49 PM   #149
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
I was told by a very smart anthropologist professor that fruit co-evolved with primates as a seed-dispersal mechanism. Plants help us, we help them, and everybody's happy.
This is a good point, juju. I agree.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:58 PM   #150
Elspode

So, as man evolved in harmony with nature, before becoming civilized, we became carnivorous, and helped nature by thinning the herd.

Now that we are no longer in ecological balance with the planet, we must develop and maintain our own herds, much as we must plant our own orchards and fields of vegetables.

Again, a sort of harmony, no?