Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Fateful Recidivism

"I dread the day he gets out because I think he'll do it again to somebody."

So said 15 years ago the mother of a convicted rapist (Michael Ledford) who allegedly raped and killed an area cyclist last week. She added that her son and other of her six children "seemed 'pre-destined' to get into trouble" despite her best efforts. She also stated that neither [Ledford] nor his brothers have ever shown any fear of the law. She added "that they have always done as they pleased regardless of the consequences."

Have you guys ever known any "bad seeds," actual schoolmates that are now in prison whom you thought would end up there when you knew them as a kid? I knew one kid in 3rd grade, Paingee Janson, who tied cats' tails in knots and had a treehouse filled with Playboy and Penthouse magazines. He was friendly, but quick to fight and argue. His parents were the nicest people I ever met, and even as a kid I felt sorry they had to deal with such a nasty little kid. I don't know if he's in jail today.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
glatt

Yeah. My neighbor was like that. He had a bb gun and would shoot birds, then he would put the bodies on a stump and chop them up with an axe. He was also really into taxedermy. Loved to kill animals and discect them and/or stuff them. The chopping up thing really crossed the line. He was quiet and really intensely into things. Not terribly emotional at all. I can totally see him as a serial killer.

I have no idea if he ever got into trouble with the law. His family moved away. I have tried to Google him, but he has a very common name. I seem to recall hearing that he became a preacher.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Quote:
I seem to recall hearing that he became a preacher.
Whoa, glatt, that's a good one, though that last sentence kinda freaks me out a bit.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Kids who are mean to animals usually grow up to be mean to people.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Meanie

What if you were only mean to insects, but very appreciative of and kind to animals?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Is somehow OK to be mean to insects IF they are gross. It's not OK to be mean to ladybugs or grasshoppers. So says me.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #7
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
...I have tried to Google him, but he has a very common name. ...
Ted Bundy is a common name?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
glatt

Actually, it's not all that common, but common enough that you can't be sure of any hits.

Roland Jacques
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
hunter5326
Kinda New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62 View Post
"I dread the day he gets out because I think he'll do it again to somebody."

So said 15 years ago the mother of a convicted rapist (Michael Ledford) who allegedly raped and killed an area cyclist last week. She added that her son and other of her six children "seemed 'pre-destined' to get into trouble" despite her best efforts. She also stated that neither [Ledford] nor his brothers have ever shown any fear of the law. She added "that they have always done as they pleased regardless of the consequences."

Have you guys ever known any "bad seeds," actual schoolmates that are now in prison whom you thought would end up there when you knew them as a kid? I knew one kid in 3rd grade, Paingee Janson, who tied cats' tails in knots and had a treehouse filled with Playboy and Penthouse magazines. He was friendly, but quick to fight and argue. His parents were the nicest people I ever met, and even as a kid I felt sorry they had to deal with such a nasty little kid. I don't know if he's in jail today.
The trial has began and I am amazed he was out and walking among us.What a Piece of Human Garbage!

Ms Ewing apparently bit his Penis almost off when he tried to force her to suck his cock! That is not getting much press coverage yet.I guess that fact is too inflamatory during the trial.

I am trying to research his family,it apperas as though they were a strange lot to say the least! All information welcomed.
hunter5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #10
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Hi Hunter. And welcome! ... I guess ... "Hunter", thread about psycho sick whackos ... I hope that is just a coincidence.

I'd say Ledford, (Pangloss') Janson and (Glatt's) Jacques all sound like classic examples of life-long psychopaths.
I recommend "Without Conscience: the Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us" by Dr Robert Hare for further reading.
It gives you some idea of how to spot them and what to do (namely, stay the hell away from them as much as possible).
There's a guy at Lumberjim's work (recently dissed in a whats-pissing-me-off-type thread) who sounds like a high-functioning sociopath to me. Glib, lying, vindictive, manipulative, totally selfish, lacking in empathy, but clever.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter5326 View Post
Ms Ewing apparently bit his Penis almost off when he tried to force her to suck his cock! That is not getting much press coverage yet.I guess that fact is too inflamatory during the trial.
Good for her!
I've long said rapist/child molesters ought to get the life in prison or the death penalty. Complete castration would be the best solution imho.
As a female this is a big worry in my life and I have always felt that rape would be worse than murder.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
Alluvial
Phenomenologist

Back in the 80's, I knew a kid (child of a friend) who was just bad like that. He used to pull the legs off of tiny frogs. I remember remarking to my then-husband "That kid is going to be in prison one day". I had forgotten all that until he murdered a man. (the victim was my first husband's cousin).

- Louis Adamic
Alluvial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Good for her!
I've long said rapist/child molesters ought to get the life in prison or the death penalty. Complete castration would be the best solution imho.
As a female this is a big worry in my life and I have always felt that rape would be worse than murder.
Don't you just send them away to Coalinga?
Louis Theroux did a wonderful (as ever) and thought provoking piece from there recently, called A Place for Paedophiles. I know many people in the UK agree with the concept, but I was frankly startled that in The Land of the Free you can lock people away indefinitely with no hope of appeal after they have finished their prison sentence.

Oh and as per the OT - I believe nurture affects more human beings than nature. So if all Ms Ledford's kids are bad seeds, I think she has some soul searching to do. Six kids? Funny how the least suitable seem to breed the most.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
glatt

It's creepy when you can see the future so clearly for these types of kids.

The neighbor kid I mentioned above showed me the proper technique for killing small animals so that their bodies would still be in decent shape for stuffing. How to drown frogs, and squeeze small bird you had shot but not killed so that they would asphyxiate. He was a model rocket enthusiast, and one time he launched a rocket with two frogs in it so when the chute popped out, the frogs would fall from a couple hundred feet to presumably their deaths. The more I think about it, the more fucked up things I remember he would do with small animals.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #15
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Ten year old girl across the street got taken away by the cops AGAIN. Mind you this is an average upper middle class neighborhood - don't see cop cars every day. Except at their house. Single mom - has been dealing with the rage since she was about six. Started out burning ants with magnifying glasses, trying to drown the rabbit. Now she pulls kitchen knives on her mom, and throws rocks through the windows. Been diagnosed as bipolar, but when her dad has her he believes God will heal her, so he doesn't give her her meds. They wear off just in time for her to get home to mom, who then gets to deal with the rage til the meds kick in again. Pretty sure she'll end up locked up some day soon. Poor little girl.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote