The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-10-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I think you got that wrong Griff...

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
That bitch up the street is still running at $1.839. Time to have a little talk with that guy *baseball bat in hand*

Our gas stations around here are generally a bit high though...if you want really good prices, you have to head over to Rt. 1 in Trevose--Wawa always keeps the other competitors low. 3 months after 9/11, the big chains tried to up their price to $1.029. Wawa held firm at .959...the big chains dropped back to .959 after a few days.

In the end, I would imagine we pay the same amount for gas as our peeps in the UK pay for petrol over the course of a year. They tend to have smaller cars--more fuel-efficient. Evil moronic Dick Vermeil worshipping asshole Chiefs fans like Ep want their SUVs.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:24 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

No, no, no...I don't want an SUV. I *want* a fucking 500 HP Corvette. If I'm gonna get shitty gas mileage, I want to get it at 150 mph.

What I *really* want, though, is my camper, and it is big enough that it needs to be towed behind something, hence an SUV. I tried towing it behind a Lamborghini once, but do you know how bad a camper sways once you break 100!?

As I often say, I'm a bad Pagan. I don't have room to recycle, I drive a vehicle that is getting (after actually driving a full tank without towing anything) 19 mpg, and I haven't planted a tree on purpose since I was 14. But let's not forget that those same Brits who are now apparently driving rubber band powered carbon fiber and spider silk shelled vehicular contraptions are probably using gasoline only for flavoring their otherwise unremarkable cuisine. Meanwhile, with my SUV, I can pile about fifty pounds of ribs and a smoker into the back end, toss in six cases of beer and four lawn chairs, and go hang out in the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium in style, eat like a king, and watch Pittsburg get their asses whipped this Sunday.

Well...okay, I could do that if I had a job and could afford the scalped tickets, the $20 parking fee, and the price of spareribs and beer.

Finally, need I remind you all that there are few who have suffered as long or as strenuously as KC sports fans? Thank the gods that football season got going before the Royals tanked. Sigh.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Elspode

Oh...and guys, I would worship Geraldo Rivera if it would get a Super Bowl championship to this town. One more advantage of being a Pagan...you can worship the most evil beings possible and still come out smelling like a rose!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Oh...and guys, I would worship Geraldo Rivera if it would get a Super Bowl championship to this town. One more advantage of being a Pagan...you can worship the most evil beings possible and still come out smelling like a rose!
Ooh! Geraldo ... that'll get you damned to one of the lowest levels of Spokane.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #5
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

came across this, thought it fit!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2003, 01:12 PM   #6
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Glad to see you're back among the living Jinx, I thought we might have lost you there for awhile

LUVBUGZ

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:17 PM   #7
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

whew! it was the worst i've felt in a while! there's a pretty bad bug going around down here! but i'm recovered and back at it BTW i filled up on my way back from Sugarland airport @ $1.35 a gallon! i couldn't believe it! that's the lowest i've seen in months!

Last edited by plthijinx; 09-19-2003 at 08:26 PM.
plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by plthijinx
whew! it was the worst i've felt in a while! there's a pretty bad bug going around down here! but i'm recovered and back at it BTW i filled up on my way back from Sugarland airport @ $1.35 a gallon! i couldn't believe it! that's the lowest i've seen in months!
Glad you're feeling better Jinx. You dog, I just paid $1.93 for cheap-o unleaded and that's the lowest I've seen in months

Old 09-21-2003, 11:16 PM   #9
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Glad you're feeling better Jinx. You dog, I just paid $1.93 for cheap-o unleaded and that's the lowest I've seen in months
yeah, well i spoke too soon! i got bent over in columbus, tx. i had to pay a whole $1.5something! :p
Old 09-22-2003, 02:23 AM   #10
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by plthijinx

yeah, well i spoke too soon! i got bent over in columbus, tx. i had to pay a whole $1.5something! :p
Yeah, but doesn't it feel good. Geez, a whole $1.50 something, poor baby:p.

Old 09-22-2003, 07:24 AM   #11
Elspode

Gas continues to drop here. I paid $1.36 yesterday.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Got gas in Jersey Saturday for $1.6something but I noticed they had diesel for $1.37 which surprised me because diesel has been way up too.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM   #13
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i think it will be interesting to see what happens to the prices come Thanksgiving week/weekend...