The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Geez, you guys are all so kind. It is almost like cheating to post my paintings here, because you say such nice things about them. Thank you, Bullitt, for posting the "Hilton Head Sunset" painting I created for you. I have had a lot of people ask me about that painting, actually. Perhaps I will have to do some more pieces in that style. Merc, I am sorry this one is not an auction. Maybe I should do an auction for a painting? Does anyone have any input on that?

Wednesday evening, we drove from Golden, CO, through the wind to Wichita, KS. We are here for the rest of the weekend. I am hoping to finish the painting on Sunday and send it to Sundae on Monday or Tuesday. Please stay tuned!
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
Merc, I am sorry this one is not an auction. Maybe I should do an auction for a painting? Does anyone have any input on that?
I really think you should do one. Just do it for yourself this time. Keep the money. I would bid on one if it appealled to me. I would suggest a theme that involves The Cellar and the Monkey at the top of the page. Or what ever you wanted to do. The world is your stage. Your stage is the Canvas. Post the painting as it progresses and let people do a silent aution via pm's only. Then post the winning person at the end but maybe not what the final bid was. Or maybe you could just post "current bid price is ___" so people know where to start from on each bid. It would be fun. Anyone else think this would be fun or a good idea?