The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-26-2007, 04:05 AM   #31
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I still have the scars from going out in flip flops when it was sunny earlier this week.

I hadn't worn them for months (had no nail varnish to put on my trotters back then) so my feet went into alien attack mode and I came home with two bleeding blisters.

Ridiculously soft feet, which is why I deliberately let them harden underneath - I get blisters on the soles of my feet when trying to break in heels you know. Sigh.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 AM   #32
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

wow...I can't imagine getting blisters from flip flops (thongs). You must be a really big old softy.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I won those eBay jeans btw. Long leg, bootcut, diamante on pockets - 99p! Incentive clothing rocks.

And I am sorely missing jeans, and will do more as the winter comes on - I live in jeans in cold weather. So these go under the heading of necessary expenditure, the fact they are cool jeans (to me at least) is a bonus conferred by being willing to buy second hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #34
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

Football (soccer) jerseys. I think I have 6 Chelsea jerseys, a Bayern Munchen jersey, 4 USA jerseys, 3 England jerseys, and a Brazil (bleh) jersey.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #35
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I collect hard skin. I keep it on my feet.
No offense SG, my feet scare the hell out of children and small dogs, but to mention it in mixed company...uggg...the mental picture!
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.

Last edited by Yznhymr; 10-26-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: add some text
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #36
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

I love me some Case knives. I also collect coffee cups from cities I've visited around the world, hot sauces, knick-knacks, and coins/money. Things I collect that I'd rather not are: other people's colds, armadillos (I shoot them when they get to tearing up my yard...killed 7 this year alone), and bills (my wife's an avid shopper).
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #37
binky
all hollowed out

squished(elongated) pennies from those little machines
Old 10-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #38
binky
all hollowed out

oh and grey hairs(keep them on my head)
Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #39
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
And I am sorely missing jeans, and will do more as the winter comes on - I live in jeans in cold weather. So these go under the heading of necessary expenditure, the fact they are cool jeans (to me at least) is a bonus conferred by being willing to buy second hand.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much! how much was postage?

What size are they/how much of a challenge do they represent? (just being nosy here, ignore if too personal) -perhaps you could post one of those ticker-tape things to show how far off getting into them you are? generally I find those annoying, but I could tolerate one for a good cause.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #40
monster
I hear them call the tide

Weird shit?

Styrofoam trays and yoghurt pots. I just donated hundreds of each to the kids' old preschool this afternoon. I collect them because they can be so useful and i hate for the to go to landfill, but apparently we acquire more than we need. I can now see a small section of the floor in my front room again. Fortunately, the preschool uses more than they acquire.