The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 36 57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #586
rkzenrage

Noooooo.... you would be FORCING your freedom upon him! LOL!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:56 AM   #587
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Noooooo.... you would be FORCING your freedom upon him! LOL!!!
Unbelievable isn't it? For a minute, I actually thought PH's parakeet escaped, got into the tequila then tap-danced that post out itself.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #588
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

LOL!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #589
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Really pierceh. -- you must not insist on being tied up and forced to be free. And don't insist that is what the people of freedom are doing to anyone, let alone you.

When you pass from teenager to full adult (not snarking here, this is but an observation of the road we've all of us walked, some more recently than others) you'll understand how you put your foot in that pitfall. It's possible you'll not do so again. But do learn the lesson, or you will put your foot in it again -- stress, too, upon will.

Paging through an NRA magazine this afternoon while trying to recover from a bit of sunburn I got from attending a Memorial Day ceremony outdoors -- Noxema is my friend -- I found this remark:

"Liberal journalist Michael Kinsley famously quoted a colleague as saying, 'If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.'" -- Jonah Goldberg
Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 AM   #590
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Scroll back yourself . . . idiot.

Now you get what you want so badly you little troll.
It is my view that this thing that Spexx wants so very badly is exactly the thing he must not get. Not because Spexx wants it, but because the thing he wants is so very wrong -- and Spexx needs a new prescription because he cannot see the wrongness of it.

If Spexx is not converted from this hellroad path, that's of small moment so long as no one else in the Cellar nor anywhere else goes with him. Derisive laughter -- optional, and not recommended. However, if he is converted, hallelujahs are in order.

There's still plenty of room over here with the angels, Spexx.

But you must cease to fear the wrath in your own soul. I embraced mine and found constructive outlets for it -- martial arts are wonderful that way. Thus I avoided repression and the irrational outbursts repression can fuel -- and does make necessary, on some level.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #591
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Prove that it isn't.
Grow up, if you make the initial claim it is your job to back it up. Radar made the claim with no proof and I asked him to prove it so it is his job to back the claim up.

If you really want me too I can. As an American or a westerner you can say it is your "right" because in our society we usually accept the ability to own a gun to protect yourself as a “right”. That “right” doesn't apply to every society though, which means it isn't universal. So, if the ability to own a gun to protect yourself is not universal that means it is not a universal “right”.

Just because something is a "right" in American or western society doesn't mean that it is universal.

Another example, we say we have a "right" to own property. In a communist, anarchical, or even in most Native American societies there is no personal property (land). Are those people having their "rights" taken away from them? In our society we see it that way but they (as long as they support the regime) will disagree with you. Are either of you right? No, it is just perspective.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #592
rkzenrage

That was hilarious.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #593
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Prove me wrong...
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #594
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Are any of you familiar with a book called "Instinct Shooting" by Lucky McDaniel? My stepfather bought a copy for me years ago (and I think it was out of print even then). I was looking for it this morning, but most of our books are stacked in bags in the basement and I couldn't find it.

Instinct Shooting was developed by Lucky, and he would demonstrate the technique using an old bb gun with the sites removed. His finale was to shoot another bb thrown in the air. He was able to teach this technique to a large number of people in a single four-hour lesson, including shooting through a piece of clear tape over a lifesaver rolling across the floor, without breaking the lifesaver, and without using sites.

I'm wondering if any one here has been trained in this technique.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #595
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Grow up, if you make the initial claim it is your job to back it up. Radar made the claim with no proof and I asked him to prove it so it is his job to back the claim up.

If you really want me too I can. As an American or a westerner you can say it is your "right" because in our society we usually accept the ability to own a gun to protect yourself as a “right”. That “right” doesn't apply to every society though, which means it isn't universal. So, if the ability to own a gun to protect yourself is not universal that means it is not a universal “right”.

Just because something is a "right" in American or western society doesn't mean that it is universal.

Another example, we say we have a "right" to own property. In a communist, anarchical, or even in most Native American societies there is no personal property (land). Are those people having their "rights" taken away from them? In our society we see it that way but they (as long as they support the regime) will disagree with you. Are either of you right? No, it is just perspective.
You've proven nothing other than your own ignorance of what rights are. Our rights don't come from society and can't be taken away by society. We are born with our rights and our rights are universal and the same regardless of what "society" we happen to live in. If "society" violates our rights, it doesn't mean that we don't have those rights. It doesn't matter if "society" recognizes rights, they still exist.

We are born with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Part of life is defending that life by any means necessary. Any claims by "society" to the contrary are irrelevant. Any claims that we don't have rights is laughable and ludicrous.

Society has no rights. Society is nothing but a collection of individuals and as such, it may have no more powers than we, as individuals, have to grant to it. Society has no legitimate powers over those of a single individual.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #596
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLJ View Post
Are any of you familiar with a book called "Instinct Shooting" by Lucky McDaniel? My stepfather bought a copy for me years ago (and I think it was out of print even then). I was looking for it this morning, but most of our books are stacked in bags in the basement and I couldn't find it.

Instinct Shooting was developed by Lucky, and he would demonstrate the technique using an old bb gun with the sites removed. His finale was to shoot another bb thrown in the air. He was able to teach this technique to a large number of people in a single four-hour lesson, including shooting through a piece of clear tape over a lifesaver rolling across the floor, without breaking the lifesaver, and without using sites.

I'm wondering if any one here has been trained in this technique.
I was taught when young by my grandfather, he is amazing... pretty sure he met Lucky. He knew a few slingers and was fair himself. I am a natural. Have not trained for a long time, it hurts my shoulder and wrist now, I hit what I shoot at though. Mostly I shoot B-27 police silhouette but am now doing some FBI bulls-eyes, the cop's are getting too easy.
On the ranch when I practice sniping I use melons, no reason to travel over a thousand yards or two to look at a shot again.
Honestly, I just want one anti to tell me what my target practicing and legal carry does to them, what it actually does. No emotion, just fact.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #597
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Prove me wrong...
I would not matter. Every time I refute you with logic and reason you just don't reply.
I have already done so and you are still spewing the same nanny-state, totalitarian crap.
Just own it, you don't believe in freedom, you think you are better than others and think you should be able to tell them how to live, think and act because you are an elitist snob.
Own it, you will feel better.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #598
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Obviously he doesn't believe in freedom. He doesn't even know what freedom is. He denies the existence of rights or he thinks they come from "society". He's clueless.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #599
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
I was taught when young by my grandfather, he is amazing... pretty sure he met Lucky. He knew a few slingers and was fair himself. I am a natural. Have not trained for a long time, it hurts my shoulder and wrist now, I hit what I shoot at though ...
rkzenrage - it's too bad you're so far away; I'd really like to learn that. I don't think that a book is a substitute for hands-on training (if I can even find the book).

P.S. I'm relatively new to this site, but I've read a few posts where you mention health issues. Is this discussed in more detail somewhere? I'm not morbidly curious, but I think it might help me with a deeper perspective.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #600
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45
Your right to own guns is not a fact. You just made it a fact because it is your perspective on how everyone should live. That means not everyone thinks it is a fact that it is your right to own a gun. All you are doing is forcing your views on other people and pathetically thinking that your way to live is the right way to live. There is no right way to live and hopefully you can accept that. What you are doing is just the same thing as forcing people not to own guns but in the reverse form.
Quote:
Man that was backward.
You just can't get it.
Freedom, remember?
The right to be free.
We own guns because we have the right to be free... we force nothing on others.
You are perfectly free not to own a gun.
Our way we both live as we like.

Your way, you FORCE others to your will because you can't stand the fact that they don't agree with you.
Pretty simple, but you won't get it because you choose not to understand freedom.
Why didn't you reply to this?
It was a perfectly reasonable response to your post.
I set you up perfectly to take-me-down! Show-me-tha'-light!
Just put your superior point into words, clearly, logically, showing me how it is freedom and does not violate my rights and is not you trying to force me to your way of thinking and is best for everyone and safer for me with an intruder in my home or with me being disabled at the mercy and whim of the world, unable to run away from any situation... it was all yours dude and you just let it go, WHY?... LOL!

Last edited by rkzenrage; 05-30-2007 at 12:42 PM.