The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Those female urinary cones, which I like to call "portapenis", are available in travel catalgoues such as Magelleans. Apparently, they're handy when confronted with normally untenable or undesireable locations when nature calls. Utilizing them in a traditionally nasty and crowded scenario (such as a festival and its ubiquitous portajohns) seems to me to be a pretty good idea.

Do you think that women will reject the notion for standing while urinating in a single-gender environment because of sociology, habituation, or ???
Old 05-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Social Construction of Micturation

There are powerful cultural, sociological, and perhaps genetic factors that influence the psychology of public waste evacuations. I remember the Boston Public Library had a real problem with men using the stalls for some hot fellatial action; they took off the doors and added cameras. Now I'll be honest and tell you that I just don't want to pinch a loaf while a bunch of people are watching me. Yet in other countries, communal bathrooms are not uncommon.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Elspode

And what is the Boston Public Library restroom webcam site url, please? Clever moneymaking idea...live library pron.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62
Now I'll be honest and tell you that I just don't want to pinch a loaf while a bunch of people are watching me.
On the other hand, I'm not into taking a dump in a semen covered stall. But I'll be honest and say it's all about the cooties. Or maybe the heebie jeebies.

I'd hold it in both cases and get all constipated and stuff.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
funkykule
professional bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Do you think that women will reject the notion for standing while urinating in a single-gender environment because of sociology, habituation, or ???
yes....and my propensity to get extremely embarassed about things like this has something to do with it.

Maybe in the next few years it will be common, so we'll all be fine with it.

Also women can't direct their pee with such precision as men..and we need to wipe...there are loads of problems...
funkykule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Also women can't direct their pee with such precision as men.
Aha, I take it you've never cleaned a men's room.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
Buddug

What about the Turkish lavatory ? You don't have to touch any seat or porcelain at all . The main difficulty with the Turkish lavatory is female foot-splash of course , but that is easily avoided . The micturating lady should be facing the wall , and not the door . Very few women know this .
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #8
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Squatter

You must be referring to what some call a "squatter" lavatory. They are quite common in Asia and Parts of Europe.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder if they produce good pole dancers?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
Elspode

I read some treatise many years ago that stated, rather emphatically, that the squatting facility was what *every* homo sapiens should be using, because that was the way our bowels were designed to be voided. The author attributed most of the ills of both society and the human body to the failure of Europeans and Westerners to take a proper dump.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #11
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Movements

That sounds partially true. Squatting achives maximum dialation of the anus, thereby encouraging the maximum voiding of feces. Probably results in less residue as well (less ass-wiping needed).

My father once told me of an African tribal leader who regularly would request his underlings to "void" themselves, take the end product with them, and form a line to allow the leader to inspect said product. He would go down the line and determine if his tribe was healthy by what he did or didn't see in their stools.

I knew I should have become a paleoscatologist.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 AM   #12
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62
You must be referring to what some call a "squatter" lavatory. They are quite common in Asia and Parts of Europe.

What happens to the disabled?