The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
Ibby
erika

do you find it far-fetched that the trump campaign's overall objective might be to delay, obfuscate, muddle, and confuse more than it is to win in court? i'm personally far past the point of assuming good faith, after a lengthy and forceful push to portray mail-in voting as untrustable, unreliable, and undemocratic.
Old 08-16-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
... i'm personally far past the point of assuming good faith, after a lengthy and forceful push to portray mail-in voting as untrustable, unreliable, and undemocratic.
How sad for you.

True story:

I've long been signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery Daily Digest service (it's free). When mail addressed to me goes through the sorting scanners, an image is captured and I receive those images in an email announcing those items are on their way to me.

Just this past week I got an email showing detailed images of two official mail-in ballot application forms, with my exact address on them, sent by the County Clerk's office. The names on those two mail-in ballot application forms were of people who don't live at my address and that I've never heard of.

That means there there are two people who have managed to get fraudulently registered (deceived, bribed, hacked?) with the County as voters at my address who can apply for mail-in ballots with none of the challenges for establishing identification that an in-person voter would have to satisfy. All they'd have to do is check a box that says they still live here. There's also a provision on the application to have the mail-in ballot sent to another address... a write-in address.

The post office delivers based upon name, not address; so, those applications were never delivered to me and I won't have an opportunity to turn them in (I still have the email though). Anyone having IDs (genuine or fake) with those names can now claim those mailings, fill out the request for mail-in ballots, and have those ballots sent to an address of their choosing.

That's two votes by people who may not even be eligible to vote versus my one eligible vote thanks to mail-in ballots. There's always been corruption in the voting system. Mail-in ballots can exacerbate that. The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. - Scotty. They're best used when necessary to keep eligible voters from being disenfranchised rather than for mere convenience.

Of course, my address on those applications could have been just a typo; but, I wanted to tell my wonderful story on this Sunday afternoon.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

There’s a good boy, sow doubt. *head pat*
Old 08-18-2020, 11:41 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
That means there there are two people who have managed to get fraudulently registered (deceived, bribed, hacked?)
You're making an assumption that it was intentional and it was their doing.
Quote:
The post office delivers based upon name, not address;...
This is untrue, I get mail delivered to my address with other peoples names on it.
You're creating a story on false assumptions and a lie.

Yes I saw your size 1 white print, that makes it worse.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #5
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Quote:
That means there there are two people who have managed to get fraudulently registered (deceived, bribed, hacked?)
You're making an assumption that it was intentional and it was their doing.
Quote:
Of course, my address on those applications could have been just a typo; but, I wanted to tell my wonderful story on this Sunday afternoon.
Quote:
Yes I saw your size 1 white print, that makes it worse.
It means I recognized there was more than one possible assumption of which I chose one for the sake of argument. No one has demonstrated that the one I chose couldn't be the correct one.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The post office delivers based upon name, not address; ...
This is untrue, I get mail delivered to my address with other peoples names on it.
I wasn't talking about all mail. I was talking about mail-in ballot applications. This is what I actually said:

Quote:
The post office delivers based upon name, not address; so, those applications were never delivered to me...
This is evidenced by the fact that the post office did NOT deliver to me mail-in ballot applications with other people's names and my address.

The distinction is that the post office had a specific reason to the contrary. Delivering them could create a voting discrepancy. There are other items they deliver based upon name too.

[EMPHASIS MINE]

Quote:
You're creating a story on false assumptions and a lie.
No, your critiquing what I wrote without reading comprehension and keeping things in context.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bullshit.