Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a bit of a disappoint on Friday.
Went into Leeds to see my Support Worker and understood she was standing me lunch. Lunch didn't happen, and it was cold and wet in Leeds, so I came home very grumpy.

On the flip side, she's definitely buying lunch this Friday - yay!
And I went into Leeds again yesterday (Saturday) on the same bus pass, as I had things to do I couldn't manage on Friday.
I will admit to you I set out in a filthy mood.
It was still chilly and damp, I missed one bus by about 30 seconds and the next one was late. I very nearly went home in a sulk, but luckily remembered in time I am 42 and not 15 and "you're only hurting yourself, you know".

By the time I came out of the hairdressers (OMG, got my Grade 1 back - lovely and bristly) the weather had cheered up and so had I. I also realised part of my grump was low blood sugar level, so I headed over to the new Pieminister shop/ restaurant to complete the degrumping. It made me sublimely happy.

The staff are young and trendy, but very attentive and friendly. They really seem to enjoy the fact they are working there, and talk intelligently and warmly to the customers. I was offered a window seat, which is kind and unusual for a lone diner in my experience.

The decor is deliberately pared-back industrial. It works, even if I know they had to strip everything out of the unit to get it to that state.
Name:  DSCN1387.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  118.5 KB

My window view.
Name:  DSCN1390.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  136.2 KB

I had a non-alcoholic cocktail which had real marmalade in it.
It was a bit tart, and the bits got stuck in the straw, but a nice change from the brown fizzy stuff.
Name:  DSCN1389.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  86.0 KB

And I was supremely unadventurous when it came to my pie, ordering one I have had from the supermarket before: Moo and Blue. Which is steak and Stilton cheese. I only had it with mash, as you paid for every side separately. But pie n mash are a meal in themselves anyway. I had an apple later, if that counts.
Name:  DSCN1393.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  102.9 KB

It came on a wooden board, on an enamelled tin plate.
There was a jug of gravy, but I only used about a teaspoon because the pie - as previously experienced - was rich and moist and bursting with flavour.

I heartily recommend.