The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Diz

I've contacted every cat charity I can find on the Internet. None of them taken cats in for short term foster. In fact out of the thirteen I've contacted, four have said they have no capacity at all, not even for people wanting to surrender their cats.

Dogs, yes. It seems dogs are a part of the family and the charities involved recognise this. Cats, no. If you can't look after your cat you're going to need to give it away. After all, you can always get another one.

If you are escaping domestic abuse or over 60, yes. You can also get your cat fostered. As usual I am flying under the radar.

And at present, even if I found a vet who would agree to put him down, rather than go through the horror of being rehomed for his looks then returned for his behaviour, I can't even afford it.

Not that I want the boy dead. I just worry so much about his future and also my own; how I'd feel coming back in December, wondering if he was still out there.
This is occupying my every waking thought right now, and I'm awake far too long from worrying. I have six days now to sort this out and no idea how I am going to.

And no, I do not know anyone who can take him. I tried that before imoved up here, and it's not like I've met anyone up here who can or would either.

Last edited by Sundae; 09-10-2014 at 04:24 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote