Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

Barking dogs make me angry

I live in a pretty quiet wooded neighborhood out in suburbia. So it kind of gets on me when people let their dogs stay out and bark for no reason and for hours on end. We have one guy behind our house, one over who leaves his 2 dogs out sometimes for several hours. I think they are labs from the sound of their barks. They just kind of bark like they are saying, "let us in, we are sorry and we won't do it again." Eventually the barking stops.

But now my next door neighbor got a dog, an older doberman. And she lets it out and if I am outside the dog goes ape shit behind the fence and barks aggressively and runs back and forth along the fenceline. Last week I was sweeping up some pine needles off of the driveway and the dog was going bonkers. And I can hear it if I go inside and I have double glazed glass windows that keep things pretty quiet.

So the other day I kind of flipped out after being outside for a half hour or so getting my grill going to cook dinner. The dog was snapping and snarling at the fence (the fence is solid plank and 6 ft tall), it was even jumping against the fence. I finally got a lawn chair and got on it and stuck my head over the fence and proceeded to cuss the dog out. I told it to quit fucking barking at me because I live here and have a right to be out on my property. Well, the dog went really crazy and all the noise brought out my neighbor who called her dog inside.

And since then I haven't heard one peep from the dog, I don't think she got rid of it but is just being careful about leaving it out barking.

Not sure if I did wrong, I mean I do share a property line with this lady and otherwise she doesn't bother me.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote