The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'll go with 58 then
Gee, 58 ... BINGO!

IIRC, you were just one year off last year; but, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Of course everyone benefited from UT's powers of deductive reasoning which narrowed the bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
... I'll guess he was going Army photographer because during that period many people were trying to figure out how to serve without becoming cannon fodder. By the time he was trained, he was not needed for combat and only did training missions.
Training missions yes; though, probably not as you think of them. Even when there are no declared US conflicts, SF is providing advisors to train foreign indigenous military and paramilitary personnel in a half dozen or more hotspots around the world. Training and evaluating them necessitates being embedded with them during hostilities while maintaining plausible deniability for US involvement even when there are American casualties. You won't hear war stories or see movies made about those interventions. IMHO, it's the best time to be in SF as there are no large scale conventional forces making the inevitable mistakes that undermine carefully cultivated relationships.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sexobonage