The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Have you..... (multiple choices allowed)
Went through a drive-thru and then went inside so you could use two fast food coupons. 2 11.11%
Refused to buy something on sale until you could come back with a coupon for it. 3 16.67%
Buy food that's been marked down because it's on or 1 day from it's expiration date. 13 72.22%
Meal planned based on what's on sale. 10 55.56%
Spent extra time buying buy one get one free meats to get two that are close in weight. 9 50.00%
When using a 'cheapest meal free' coupon, made sure that noone orders a $5 sandwich. 5 27.78%
Driven an extra 5 miles to avoid tolls. 4 22.22%
Driven an extra 10 miles to avoid tolls. 2 11.11%
Kept coupons in your purse or wallet for days or weeks at a time, just in case. 9 50.00%
Called friends or relatives long distance only when the rates are lowest? 3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

How Cheap/Frugal are you

I have to admit it. I'm cheap. Not that I don't share with friends and family, but that I am always looking for the best deal.

I recently got very pissed at KFC. I was buying their 10 pack version of nuggets for someone and asked what sauces they had. The person informed me that no sauces were included and that each one would be 25 cents.

Now I know that many fast food places set limits and charge extra now, but I also know that McDs would at least give you two sauces for a 10 piece nugget order.

I also can guess that each of these sauce tubs probably costs them 5 cents in bulk, which translates into a %400 profit. Maybe they should stop selling chicken and just sell sauce tubs.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote